MMM deck slowly lowers when BX2670 is off

markpx

Equipment
BX2670
Aug 11, 2013
AL
Hi everyone,

I am a new owner of a BX2670. It has a FEL with Quick Attach, 54" MMM and rear blast box. I am very pround of it!

My question is: After the tractor has been off for several hours the MMM will slowly lower. It will go all the way down to the lowest position. It takes more than 24hrs for this to happen. Do I have a problem? Do I have a leak somewhere. I do not believe this is normal.

The dealer salesman nor the guy who delivered the unit were not completely familiar how everything worked on the tractor. This surprised me a lot. So I apologize if this is a dumb question.

This my first real tractor (even if it is a small one) and I am not familiar how it should work. I did not notice this until after my dealer delivered the tractor.

Thanks for any help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
A lot of hydraulic systems will bled down over time. Usually nothing is wrong, it's just that things are not 100% perfectly sealed. Also that leak is usually internal and can not be seen and will not cause any issues.;)

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I agree with Wolfman, you'll find more systems that slowly leak down than ones that don't. In most cases it's a good practice to lower all implements to the ground when not in use anyway.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Welcome Mark,, and yeah it do happen nothing to get nuts over,,, and don't sell your little tractor short , I have an older bx2360. and she does things I could never do with the yellow thing I had before,, Enjoy the tractor time theres something soothing about a diesel motor purring along,, and remember pictures we love pictures :D

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Normal, the MMM is lifted by the quarter inching 3PH so it is going to leak down.

Steamguy

Equipment
BX2370
I was always told by my Dad that you should ALWAYS take the pressure off any hydraulics by lowering them.

Be sure to lower both the mower and put the bucket on the ground after the engine is off. The deck will only go down to where you have the mow-height set and then it'll stop. Give the levers a wiggle in each direction to make sure you have the pressure off in all directions.

Getting the bucket's weight on the ground is also easier on the tractor.

Enjoy the new machine! I sure look on mine as a Godsend, and it's a total pleasure to operate.

Last edited:

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I agree that it is normal, and you may find that as the tractor gets broken in, it may leak down less.

markpx

Equipment
BX2670
Aug 11, 2013
AL
Thanks for all the replies!

As augguested, I lowered the MMM and 3PH. I had the FEL lowered already. ive ordered the BXEpaned skid guard. I considered the Bro-Tek, but the BXepanded fits my needs better. Bro-Tek has some nice products. Might pick up the BT wheel spaces later.

I am considering the BXepanded loader dolly. i can see where it would be a help to me.

I sure am proud of my little tractor! I'll post some some pics later.

thanks again for the help!

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Thanks for all the replies!

As augguested, I lowered the MMM and 3PH. I had the FEL lowered already. ive ordered the BXEpaned skid guard. I considered the Bro-Tek, but the BXepanded fits my needs better. Bro-Tek has some nice products. Might pick up the BT wheel spaces later.

I am considering the BXepanded loader dolly. i can see where it would be a help to me.

I sure am proud of my little tractor! I'll post some some pics later.

thanks again for the help!
I put the BroTek spacers on my 2200 and 2660 along with skid plates and replaced the turnbuckles on the 3PH with those from hodge at http://stabilworks.com/

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Now THAT is a great idea! Would you mind sharing with us how much you paid?
I honestly don't know as I "think" I got a package deal from both due to the number ordered, I know I did from Bro Tek as he often offers package deals, but don't remember for sure on Stabilworks, you can get a quote by email.

Yes, I have bought a LOT of stuff for tractors this year and it gets confusing, sorry.