Maybe it's just me.....new member posts asking questions

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
You sir get the "understatement of the year award"......

View attachment 110162

THE WORLD IS GOING FU@@ING BATSH!T CRAZY.......

I remember a time that when you had "tranny problems" , it was gonna cost you 1K to fix your car.

Just sayin
Awesome…so what did I win? Do I get a leg lamp like the dad in Christmas Story? Or do I get a sticker or a decal for my orange monster or a voucher for next orange tractor purchase? Free oil change? 😂.

There is no question that you sir are a very gifted wordsmith (I’ll try to strengthen my delivery 😉…my struggle point really is I don’t like to use symbols…either I am typing letters or not). Either way, you are very correct on the current state of affairs…I don’t have a solution myself, but I will admit, occasionally I have to ask myself, “self, what would Frank do…”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

― Socrates

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think unless a kid is in school for something that will help humanity like medical or science fields, on the age of 18 they are required to enter the service of their choice. I think 13 weeks of boot camp like we had would screw most of their heads on right,, I know it worked for me

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I think unless a kid is in school for something that will help humanity like medical or science fields, on the age of 18 they are required to enter the service of their choice. I think 13 weeks of boot camp like we had would screw most of their heads on right,, I know it worked for me
And is it up to you to decide what is best for humanity or is it up to a committee ?
Of course training people to kill another human for the sake of his/her government has always been a great educator. Many never fully recover from pulling that trigger.
Glad it worked for you.

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
And is it up to you to decide what is best for humanity or is it up to a committee ?
Of course training people to kill another human for the sake of his/her government has always been a great educator. Many never fully recover from pulling that trigger.
Glad it worked for you.
Not that I agree everyone needs to go to war, but the youth of this country does need SOMETHING. Seems this garbage mentality started with my generation, where we were taught everyones a winner. As long as you try your hardest everything will turn out just how you want it to, and everyones just a special little butterfly. You can be whatever or whomever you want to be.

Then you finish high-school, enter the world and get slapped in the face with reality. Life isn't fair, you're not special, and even if you try really hard you're probably just gonna get shit on. Sorry Timmy, I know mommy said you could be a rocket scientist. But with two brain cells to rub together with one of them misfiring you're hust not gonna make it. Sorry Suzy, I know daddy said you could be a super sprinter that wins the gold medal in the Olympics. But you got a bad roll of the genetic dice and those short legs and bad muscular growth ain't gonna allow that.

I think that's a big source of many of the problems we have in society today. When the youth grows up and meets with reality many reject it and go to extremes as they struggle to cope. Either hopping on medications, getting various surgeries, or turning to violence and delusions. Then politicians and the media prey on them offering up unrealistic solutions to their troubles in the form of policies and social movements.

The youth needs something to teach them the reality of life that actually has structure so they don't spiral, since parents insist on still feeding their kids the same bullshit our parents taught us.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
+1

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Glad it worked for you.
It ACTUALLY worked for MANY millions!
Military service is an unparalleled life education!

• Love

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
"No Jenny it's not your fault you're too stupid to be a micro biologist, and its not my fault I liked to party in college while I was pregnant. It's societies fault! We're victims! They should lower the standards!"

Or:

"Communism is the ultimate form of government. With everybody equal and an even distribution of wealth everyone is happy. Everyone can just play their part and no one will ever try and cheat the system because they are greedy. Greed is a myth. No one is greedy in communist societies. Plus corruption is against the law! Capitalism is the problem because people are greedy and skirt the law. We are victims!"

Or better yet:

"That guy violated the restraining order against his ex wife, broke into her house, and murdered her. That's just terrible. He used a gun to it that he stole from his neighbors house. We should ban guns. If it was illegal for his neighbor to own that gun this wouldn't have happened. Because if it was against the law for him to have it, that criminal that broke the law to go in his house to get it, then broke the law going near his ex wife, the broke the law breaking into her house, then broke the law to kill her, would be a law abiding citizen today because it was...against the law?. He was a victim! The gun manufacturer should be held liable too!"

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
"No Jenny it's not your fault you're too stupid to be a micro biologist, and its not my fault I liked to party in college while I was pregnant. It's societies fault! We're victims! They should lower the standards!"

Or:

"Communism is the ultimate form of government. With everybody equal and an even distribution of wealth everyone is happy. Everyone can just play their part and no one will ever try and cheat the system because they are greedy. Greed is a myth. No one is greedy in communist societies. Plus corruption is against the law! Capitalism is the problem because people are greedy and skirt the law. We are victims!"

Or better yet:

"That guy violated the restraining order against his ex wife, broke into her house, and murdered her. That's just terrible. He used a gun to it that he stole from his neighbors house. We should ban guns. If it was illegal for his neighbor to own that gun this wouldn't have happened. Because if it was against the law for him to have it, that criminal that broke the law to go in his house to get it, then broke the law going near his ex wife, the broke the law breaking into her house, then broke the law to kill her, would be a law abiding citizen today because it was...against the law?. He was a victim! The gun manufacturer should be held liable too!"
+1!!!!!

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa

Or:

Or better yet:

So Will, we're you really pregnant in college?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Glad it worked for you.
Mike I dont know if you served or not, that makes no difference. Any fool can pull a trigger and end a life because to many of the ones that do are to stupid to understand the effect.
When you learn how to take a life, you learn how to save a life as well, how many gangbangers are vets? When you know how to do something it is engrained in your being, that taking a life is a forever thing and it is not something any sane person wants.
And no the ghosts never go away no matter the many drugs or how much whiskey you consume. And those ghosts dont make you any better or worse than any one else.
Do some fall through the cracks, yep every day, and these are the ones we need to help,,, and I say this because I have been there and have seen the inside of the VA wards.
The vast number of vets never strike out in anger at people they have emotions under control.
And as for who decides well a youtube / tictok or what ever social media influencer wouldnt even come close to being needed and of no social value. However a nurse/ doctor/ engineer someone that has a chance to contribute something would be at the top of the list. Just MHO of course and I am not out to change anyone's mind about anything

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Kubota LX2610, 1951 Farmall M, 1967 John Deere 110 Rf, 2010 Arctic Cat 700
Apr 25, 2023
WI
I'm pretty mechanical inclined but see this often when I'm being a Google or YouTube mechanic. Someone joins a forum and their 1st post is a question....which the answer is probably on the forum if it was searched with in 5 minutes but the person wants a quick fast answer. What makes me roll my eyes is some one asks a question there's a whole discussion of what to do or trial and error and that's it, no end result of " hey thanks that was the solution " so I just read 15 replies with the same issue not knowing exactly what the proper fix is. It's a pet peeve of mine too some one asks a question and hey that's okay but you find the answer let them know, lead them in the right direction and then they put in 0 effort of figuring the rest out. It's usually another question until you spell it out.

I'm on 4 different forums and I always try to introduce myself and give a story instead of " hey this is my issue" as my 1st post. The search engine is a great tool if someone knows how to use it.

Last edited:

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
No doubt we are going through a cultural change. Many of us here that dole out advice grew up with manual transmissions that we had to learn how to clutch and shift. Then we had our 8 track tapes that we had to learn how to clean the heads when the music sounded crappy. No such thing as plug and play.

A friend jokes that he leaves the keys and doesn’t lock the doors on his old manually shifted truck because no thief would know how to drive it. 8 track tapes hung around for 10 years. Now technology that you get for Christmas is already obsolete by Easter.

So, I am willing to cut the younger generation a break. After all, when I have an issue with my IPhone, I hand it to my twelve year old granddaughter and she patiently walks me through the fix. And I am sure she and her friends chuckle about it
At work the new hires ask me why I don't always use the left brake on the dump truck.......

At one time we all didn't know how to use a spoon or toilet.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
At work the new hires ask me why I don't always use the left brake on the dump truck.......

At one time we all didn't know how to use a spoon or toilet.
Let me guess. Just finished "truck driver school"🤦‍♂️

Foxrunfarms

Equipment
Apr 25, 2023
WI
Let me guess. Just finished "truck driver school"🤦‍♂️
Sadly no. Just some kid out of high school who doesn't know what a stick shift is, how to use a shovel or what end of a hose to hook up to the house.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Glad it worked for you.
mike no disrespect meant, but military is MUCH more than that. A great career. Dad was in for most of his life, brother in for 9 years and 7 1/2 of that was in Iraq. Neither fired a shot at another human. What military teaches, stateside or wartime overseas, is how to deal with people, it instills basic survival skills, and maybe the most important, respect. Also just as important, teaches folks that we are all different. The military understands that a trained mechanic is not a very good attorney, and a trained pilot is not an excellent chef. That's why I said "we are all different".

Biker1mike

Equipment
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
mike no disrespect meant, but military is MUCH more than that. A great career. Dad was in for most of his life, brother in for 9 years and 7 1/2 of that was in Iraq. Neither fired a shot at another human. What military teaches, stateside or wartime overseas, is how to deal with people, it instills basic survival skills, and maybe the most important, respect. Also just as important, teaches folks that we are all different. The military understands that a trained mechanic is not a very good attorney, and a trained pilot is not an excellent chef. That's why I said "we are all different".
Lugbolt,
Started a reply but backspaced it out.