Maybe it's just me.....new member posts asking questions

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
And is it up to you to decide what is best for humanity or is it up to a committee ?
Of course training people to kill another human for the sake of his/her government has always been a great educator. Many never fully recover from pulling that trigger.
Glad it worked for you.
Not necessarily learning to kill. But a boot camp program with strict discipline and learning has set many people straight. Doesn't have to be a military setting. But the regimented schedule and consequences for actions.....

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I would rather all publicly funded schools be structured like military schools rather than make a requirement of military service. Kids need the structure and exercise that schools lacked when I was a kid and seemingly continue to slack on as the years go by. Not to mention the parents.

Ktrim

Equipment
B2400, lA352 loader,3pth quick hitch/z122r zero turn/restored 52 farmall super a
Dec 23, 2020
Nazareth Pa
I would rather all publicly funded schools be structured like military schools rather than make a requirement of military service. Kids need the structure and exercise that schools lacked when I was a kid and seemingly continue to slack on as the years go by. Not to mention the parents.
That's the key right there. It starts at home.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Ever read 'The Lords of Discipline" by Pat Conroy. A book of fiction, maybe.
West Point had a major cheating scandal. Most of the cadets stayed at the school and got their bars. They should have been drummed out and served the four years as an enlisted man. I will not lie, cheat, steal or tolerate anyone that does. That mantra went out the door years ago.

Respect and discipline needs to be taught at home. If our kids are not teaching this , we failed in our responsibility.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
. . .

Or better yet:

"That guy violated the restraining order against his ex wife, broke into her house, and murdered her. That's just terrible. He used a gun to it that he stole from his neighbors house. We should ban guns. If it was illegal for his neighbor to own that gun this wouldn't have happened. Because if it was against the law for him to have it, that criminal that broke the law to go in his house to get it, then broke the law going near his ex wife, the broke the law breaking into her house, then broke the law to kill her, would be a law abiding citizen today because it was...against the law?. He was a victim! The gun manufacturer should be held liable too!"
Maybe we should have strict laws requiring safe secure storage?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
mike no disrespect meant, but military is MUCH more than that. A great career. Dad was in for most of his life, brother in for 9 years and 7 1/2 of that was in Iraq. Neither fired a shot at another human. What military teaches, stateside or wartime overseas, is how to deal with people, it instills basic survival skills, and maybe the most important, respect. Also just as important, teaches folks that we are all different. The military understands that a trained mechanic is not a very good attorney, and a trained pilot is not an excellent chef. That's why I said "we are all different".
Those who have NEVER served...... will NEVER comprehend the significance of serving!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Haste Makes Waste

Equipment
BX24 · LA240 w/Tooth Bar · BT601 · RCK54 · Woods 48" Tiller ·
Sep 9, 2023
Sandhills of NC
I'm pretty mechanical inclined but see this often when I'm being a Google or YouTube mechanic. Someone joins a forum and their 1st post is question....which the answer is probably on the forum if it was searched with in 5 minutes but the person wants a quick fast answer. What makes me roll my eyes is some one asks a question there's a whole discussion of what to do or trial and error and that's it, no end result of " hey thanks that was the solution " so I just read 15 replies with the same issue not knowing exactly what the proper fix is. It's a pet peeve of mine too somrinevasjs a question and hey that's okay but you find the answer let them know, lead them in the right direction and then they put in 0 effort of figuring it out. It's usually another question until you spell it out.

I'm on 4 different forums and I always try to introduce myself and give a story instead of " hey this is my issue" as my 1st post. The search engine is a great tool if someone knows how to use it.

Another unrelated forum I'm on actually has an "Introduce Yourself" Section and many will respond to a new member's first post with a message welcoming them even if they don't have anything else to offer about the post.

I also appreciate when the OP Posts the outcome!

Reactions: 1 users