Making Hydraulic Lines

sardillim

Equipment
b2650
Nov 24, 2019
Easton
Long story short I have been finding myself re-sorting some some of my attachments to get them to work on my ne LX3310. This involves changing some hydraulic lines. I'm not sure what's going on with the post office but every order seems to be taking far to long. So my thought is to make my own, has anyone done this and if so what crimp tool was used ?

Thanks for the help

i7win7

Equipment
BX2370, B2650 grapple, tree puller, trailer mover, 3 point hoist, mower, tiller
Feb 21, 2020
Central, IL
NAPA and better auto part stores can make them. If over length hoses are OK - TSC, Rural King, ect you can buy fittings, adapters and off the shelf hoses.

Backhoe & skid steers - go custom hose route
Hoses that can be easily damaged/replaced - save money with off the shelf hoses.

When you watch a custom hose made you realize the crimping tools are expensive investment.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
NAPA can make hydraulic hoses. Yes.

But they are NOT inexpensive... so SHOP AROUND! My local NAPA recently “made” a hose for me....by calling the local CarQuest and having THEM supply the collars and fittings.... and marking UP the price. I could have had the hose for HALF-PRICE if I’d only shopped at local CarQuest instead.

I”m not saying that’s always the case ..... I’m only saying that while NAPA makes hoses...... SO DOES OTHER LOCAL SHOPS and by looking around you might be surprised at the pricing differences.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Hit your local Parker store. Crimpers with a few dies will set you back a small fortune.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The crimp tools for hydraulic hoses are very expensive, don't be fooled by the eBay / Amazon crimpers, they are not right for high pressure hydraulic hoses.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Find a new supplier and as them to not use the post office, but UPS or Fedex!
I used to be a fan of FedEx. That was back in the ‘80s/‘90s. Since then... they’ve fallen to the lowest of the low in my opinion.... because when I moved to the “country” (40 miles from the nearest ”metro” area).... they are absolutely horrible!
They used ”contractors” in rural delivery...sometimes driving FedEx vehicles...sometimes their own without markings... but they don’t use “Google Map” they use FedEx mapping which does not show backroads or correct addresses.
I’ve found packages tossed over-the-fence a half-mile away, ... delivered to wrong addresses, empty barns, .. I even had negotiable instruments tossed onto the roadside BENEATH mailbox-groups... I‘ve paid for “insurance” and they’ve claimed to delivery expensive parts... When I use their own website facility to “show proof of delivery” all they do is state “Driver assures delivery” and that was the end of the claim process.
I”ve paid extra for “Saturday” delivery.... only to find they won’t deliver in rural areas on Saturday... and will not refund the extra charge. (Apparently I should have known they don’t make rural deliveries when they offered it for an extra charge.)
NEVER USE FEDEX. UPSPS and UPS has no problem coming straight to my door and making delivery. Amazon is also highly reliable. (They even email me a picture of the package sitting on my doorstep.). But FedEx is a crap-shoot and makes proper delivery less than 30% of the time.

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I bought hose and screw on fittings. I think I got them from Discount Hydraulic Hose. They are great in an emergency. I've used them and they typically are the first failure point. But if you need a hose today, It can bail you out. I have some of those hoses that have lasted years and others failed in a month or 3.