Made me a Front Snow Plow

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Re: B6000 how to make a front linkage, please!

Little more detail please. Where is the pivot point? on the bracket bolted to the engine or on the extension welded to that bracket, or is that a welded boxed frame from bolts at engine mount and also bolted to front of tractor frame; thus making the pivot point somewhere in front, near front tires? Is the rear weights ..... a rear weight only or a counter weights? or somehow tied into the bucket mechanisim. (assume not but one should never assume)

Last edited:

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada

http://postimg.org/gallery/1n42qw2um/

the 2 counter weights off a old MF fork lift 500 lbs are for ballast only.
notice where I moved the pivot shaft ahead because I forgot to allow for the
inside wheel in a sharp turn which turns much sharper than the outside wheel. notice the tire valve stems on the front wheels. I have 200 of these
screw in carbide tire studs that should be in any day now.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/scre...71_72_73_74_75,searchweb0_0,searchweb201560_9

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Why no trip edge or tip blade?:confused:
It's going to murder on you if you hit an unmovable object or an Ice dam. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Yes, looks like multiple breaks.

How does alternator keep up with continous winching?
Looks like it will move a lot of snow. Should work well.
Using a sheave to double up cable will give a little more lifting power,may assist with piling. Also will raise a little slower for that precise skimming.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

Tractor image[img]
....notice the tire valve stems on the front wheels....[/url][/QUOTE] No actually I can't see where your valve stem is. Haven't responded cause thought I was blind lol... First thought it was the blue but that made no since. Just realised the blue in the tire is background blue from the plow arm. Soooo. I give up... :o where is the valve stem:confused:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Coach, maybe they're on the inside of the wheel and you can't actually "see" them! He's pointing out the wider stance?

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
I swaped the front wheel so to make them track in the back wheel track.
the blade was bent a little every 2 inches by my son where he works. free of course. I have long runs to push snow and the reason for a tall blade. my other 2 cyl Kubota had the same size blade and no problem. I plow in 5th gear with WOT and I hit the hard pack banks with WOT and the air in the snow gets compressed and throws the snow up and makes a 6 ft high bank.

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
Wow some videos of your plow and tractor in action would be interesting.:cool::cool:

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Very nice build! I just want to suggest that you build a subframe that attaches all the way to the rear axle to attach the plow to. With that monster blade and no trip system, I'm afraid that one dead stop would twist and snap your tractor. Currently it seems your attached to the frame right around the area where the trains and engine meet, that's where the front of a subframe should mount. It would then stretch and bolt directly to the rear axle housing in a semi horse shoe pattern. If I can dig up some pics of my subframe for the 205 I'll post them for you.

It looks like beautiful fab job, you should operate it with hydraulics to get the full performance out of that beast! :D

LRP

Sep 29, 2010
canada
thanks for the praise old English. yes hydraulics would be nicer but lot more expensive and heavyer. I had the winch and I get a foot of lift on the blade.
I guesstimate the the mounting is plenty strong enough. we shall soon see.
I changed oil in the steering box yesterday as I noticed a rust streak on
top of the steering box Colum drain hole. lucky no water in the oil. so I made drip tube that I glued to the steering wheel. I used eurathane windshield glue. awful good stuff. I patched up my old snow plow ford tractor tire 2 years ago and it,s still holding.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=18951&stc=1&d=1447555766

Attachments