M9960HD12 Valuation

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Going to sell my M9960 (and L6060, B3350, and B1750) in preparation for relocation, and will start with the M9960 since I have already sold the Woods BW15.50 batwing that I used with it.

I routinely drive around and beneath trees so all of my tractors are ROPS models, but all are LOADED with options.

M9960 is 6X2 hydraulic shuttle model with LA1353 QA FEL, with unused bucket with bucket hooks (3), grill guard, third function valve and single lever hydraulic manifold. Also has three remotes (one float/detent), EPTO, cast wheel centers with 2 additional weights per side, but no liquid ballast because I still repair/change my own tires and have no provision for dealing with liquid ballast.

Tractor also has 240 Lb. cast front weight bracket and 6 Kubota front weights, both vertical and horizontal exhaust, which is currently installed because I drive beneath trees, etc.

Tractor has DPF but DOES NOT require DEF, and regeneration has been seamless.

Tractor has 142 hours, has just been serviced (myself), has always been stored inside, and looks new.

What do you folks think it will bring?

Might post in Ads forum here after deciding upon price.

hedgerow

Jan 2, 2015
Malcolm NE
To get a good feel for what the tractor is worth look at tractor house look at action results from big iron, auction time, purple wave. Search face book market place, craigslist. Your dealer should be able to give you what the current market is doing.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Going to sell my M9960 (and L6060, B3350, and B1750) in preparation for relocation, and will start with the M9960 since I have already sold the Woods BW15.50 batwing that I used with it.

I routinely drive around and beneath trees so all of my tractors are ROPS models, but all are LOADED with options.

M9960 is 6X2 hydraulic shuttle model with LA1353 QA FEL, with unused bucket with bucket hooks (3), grill guard, third function valve and single lever hydraulic manifold. Also has three remotes (one float/detent), EPTO, cast wheel centers with 2 additional weights per side, but no liquid ballast because I still repair/change my own tires and have no provision for dealing with liquid ballast.

Tractor also has 240 Lb. cast front weight bracket and 6 Kubota front weights, both vertical and horizontal exhaust, which is currently installed because I drive beneath trees, etc.

Tractor has DPF but DOES NOT require DEF, and regeneration has been seamless.

Tractor has 142 hours, has just been serviced (myself), has always been stored inside, and looks new.

What do you folks think it will bring?

Might post in Ads forum here after deciding upon price.
Wow! Only 142 hours ... for a tractor that hasn't been made for almost 8 years! That will be one heck of a find for someone.

Since you're moving to Montana, feel free to store any tractors at my place .... along with the keys! :LOL:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
To get a good feel for what the tractor is worth look at tractor house look at action results from big iron, auction time, purple wave. Search face book market place, craigslist. Your dealer should be able to give you what the current market is doing.
BTDT.

ROPS models hard to find and none, ROPS or otherwise, similarly equipped or, especially, with so few hours.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Wow! Only 142 hours ... for a tractor that hasn't been made for almost 8 years! That will be one heck of a find for someone.

Since you're moving to Montana, feel free to store any tractors at my place .... along with the keys! :LOL:
Might take you up on that.

Son lives in Billings so will live close.

Son grew up in Bozeman but tells me that Bozeman has been rendered unaffordable by out of staters.

Looking forward to becomming a Big Sky resident.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I would say $50K to $55K
Wow! This is why I bought the M6060 in Sheridan, WY back in April of 2022. I knew I'd want a bigger tractor than the MX at some point, and although it wasn't what I would have ordered, it was too good of a deal to pass up. I recently looked at the price of an M6060 configured the same as mine when I bought it and it's over $11k more than I paid. If I add in the $10k of extras that I put on it once it was home the difference is closer to $14k. Also, the 0% for 5 years is now 0% for 3 years and the deal looks even worse.

I don't ever buy a tractor with the idea that it'll make money, but I'm sure glad that these things seem to hold their value.

Reactions: 1 user

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Might take you up on that.

Son lives in Billings so will live close.

Son grew up in Bozeman but tells me that Bozeman has been rendered unaffordable by out of staters.

Looking forward to becomming a Big Sky resident.
A lot of Montana has become unaffordable with a significant influx from Texas, California and other states.

Montana is a wonderful state and undoubtedly you'll enjoy it. I'll be down in Yellowstone in April with a friend and plan lots of statewide excursions this year, probably pulling a boat for a few of them.

Seriously though, if you decide that you need to park a tractor at no charge I'd be happy to accommodate. I should have a couple of good sized steel pole barns up by the summer. You can come out this way and help me cut my friend's fields by the river. If you sell all your tractors and miss the joy of running a rotary cutter or flail you can use one of mine and help me at my friend's place. He wants me to plow a section for a pumpkin patch this spring and have people pick them for Thanksgiving.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
A lot of Montana has become unaffordable with a significant influx from Texas, California and other states.

Montana is a wonderful state and undoubtedly you'll enjoy it. I'll be down in Yellowstone in April with a friend and plan lots of statewide excursions this year, probably pulling a boat for a few of them.

Seriously though, if you decide that you need to park a tractor at no charge I'd be happy to accommodate. I should have a couple of good sized steel pole barns up by the summer. You can come out this way and help me cut my friend's fields by the river. If you sell all your tractors and miss the joy of running a rotary cutter or flail you can use one of mine and help me at my friend's place. He wants me to plow a section for a pumpkin patch this spring and have people pick them for Thanksgiving.
Thanks so much for your gracious offer, but I plan to sell just about everything before moving so that I can get by with the second largest U Haul truck. Will buy just about everything new after arriving and plan on no more than 1 acre or so, so nothing larger than an LX 4020 (No, I do not need it, but want one.) to mow lawn and plow/blow snow. Will likely buy my very first cab tractor to deal with MT winters.

FWIW, my son is a boating enthsiast, which he derived from boating on the Ohio River with me when he was young, and has a very nice wake boat, which he uses to entice immediate family members to his outings. He is a senior partner at a law firm, and one of his clients, who absolutely loves him due to his effective defense against frivilous law suits, is the largest Case/International dealer in MT. His client has offered to store/sell all 4 of my Kubota tractors free of charge should I decide to haul them to Billings, which he estimates could be done for about $5K. Should mention that my son practices mostly insurance defense. He is the guy on the other side of the table from the tort attorney(s) who sues for hot coffee, etc. Unfortunately, his client is not a Kubota dealer but has offered to sell me anything that he sells, including ZTRs at his cost.

Planning to buy my very first AWD/FWD vehicle (and very first PU truck), which will likely be a Chevrolet Colorado (I'm, among other things, a GM retiree, elegible for GM salaried discount.) but will delay purchase until after move due to absense of sales tax in MT which will save $thousands.

Thanks, again.

Perhaps, we might make arrangements to meet and swap Kubota or other farm/tractor stories after I relocate, which will be this spring/early summer.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks so much for your gracious offer, but I plan to sell just about everything before moving so that I can get by with the second largest U Haul truck. Will buy just about everything new after arriving and plan on no more than 1 acre or so, so nothing larger than an LX 4020 (No, I do not need it, but want one.) to mow lawn and plow/blow snow. Will likely buy my very first cab tractor to deal with MT winters.

FWIW, my son is a boating enthsiast, which he derived from boating on the Ohio River with me when he was young, and has a very nice wake boat, which he uses to entice immediate family members to his outings. He is a senior partner at a law firm, and one of his clients, who absolutely loves him due to his effective defense against frivilous law suits, is the largest Case/International dealer in MT. His client has offered to store/sell all 4 of my Kubota tractors free of charge should I decide to haul them to Billings, which he estimates could be done for about $5K. Should mention that my son practices mostly insurance defense. He is the guy on the other side of the table from the tort attorney(s) who sues for hot coffee, etc. Unfortunately, his client is not a Kubota dealer but has offered to sell me anything that he sells, including ZTRs at his cost.

Planning to buy my very first AWD/FWD vehicle (and very first PU truck), which will likely be a Chevrolet Colorado (I'm, among other things, a GM retiree, elegible for GM salaried discount.) but will delay purchase until after move due to absense of sales tax in MT which will save $thousands.

Thanks, again.

Perhaps, we might make arrangements to meet and swap Kubota or other farm/tractor stories after I relocate, which will be this spring/early summer.
Sounds like you're in good shape re the move. What an exciting time for you. I remember leaving Arkansas and heading to Montana in November of 2013. I had to drive to Yonkers, NY first and spend 6 weeks there before driving across country to Montana in mid December. Such great memories!

I'll leave you be and look forward to meeting up one day beneath Big Skies and cool breezes.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Sounds like you're in good shape re the move. What an exciting time for you. I remember leaving Arkansas and heading to Montana in November of 2013. I had to drive to Yonkers, NY first and spend 6 weeks there before driving across country to Montana in mid December. Such great memories!

I'll leave you be and look forward to meeting up one day beneath Big Skies and cool breezes.
Progress!

My farm hit the MLS Tuesday morning, there was a showing that same afternoon, and I received a full price cash offer the next day.

Even better, the buyers wanted my B3350 tractor package and bought the entire package as well. As you might expect, the B3350 was the Kubota that I was most apprehensive about selling.

Will put the M9960 and L6060 on the market next week. Might keep the B1750 to mow with for the first year or so until I can get an LX4020 with cab, etc.

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Progress!

My farm hit the MLS Tuesday morning, there was a showing that same afternoon, and I received a full price cash offer the next day.

Even better, the buyers wanted my B3350 tractor package and bought the entire package as well. As you might expect, the B3350 was the Kubota that I was most apprehensive about selling.

Will put the M9960 and L6060 on the market next week. Might keep the B1750 to mow with for the first year or so until I can get an LX4020 with cab, etc.
Congratulations! Looks like everything is falling into place. You'll be heading West before you know it.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Progress!

That's fantastic. And the 3350 would have been hard to sell, yet will probably be a great tractor for someone who buys it without knowing it's supposed to be a dud.

I always get worried when I list something and it buys for cash same day. Sometimes feels like you should have asked more. But usually it just means there was someone who wanted it, not that it was underpriced.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Congratulations SDT! You hit the jackpot on both your property sale and tractor sale. How quickly do you have to move?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Congratulations SDT! You hit the jackpot on both your property sale and tractor sale. How quickly do you have to move?
I will need to be out by mid April with option to keep things in one of the post buildings for another 30 days.

Much/most of the disposal work, aside from selling the M9960, L6060, and B1750, has already been done.

I also have temporary living arrangements with my son until I can find or build my new mome with no more than 1 or 2 acres.

Still want a new LX4020 with cab and bells and whistles so will likely buy one once settled. Damn thing will cost as much as did my l6060 or M9960.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Prediction for the day. You'll find a great house on 5 acres. And that'll justify the LX4020.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I hate to say it:
Sounds like you under valued the house and property if it sold that quick.
But hey if your happy with what you got that's all that matters!