M7060, Purchase now or wait for non-DPF engine

Catchad81

Dec 23, 2013
Notasulga, AL
Hello all! I've followed the forums off and on for a while now and always find comments informative and interesting. I'm in the market to upsize my kubota MX5100 2wd. We have a 30 acre place we have been working on with an excavator, dozer, backhoe, etc. Now I'm done and have grass for the most part, getting rid of the excavator, and want a tractor with a loader. The MX5100 came in the purchase of the property and has serviced well in getting the land ready. A bit little weight for the horsepower and I don't want to put a loader on a 2wd.

I demo'd a Deere 5075e and going to demo a Kubota M7060. New tractor will have a cab. I've set in the Kubota cab before and my first concern is how I will like the 3 point level while using it for box blading or plowing.

Beyond that, my main concern with the Kubota is the DPF. I've read that Kubota is releasing engines without the DPF next year and the engine in the M7060 is in this line up. If I decide to go with the Kubota, would you wait for the engine without DPF or go ahead it?

Please note that I'm aware some folks say try to find a left over or used M7040. I've searched prices and whats around but do not see it as an option. Thank you.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If Kubota plans to release a 7060 without DPF and you can wait I would do that if it was me. The cost should be lower and nothing extra to maintain.

I have a friend that has a 5085 and a 5105 JD. I have used them both quite a bit and while they are nice the fuel consumption is 2 or 3 times more than what a Kubota. That may not be a huge factor for you but the last 3 or 4 years my fuel cost has been around 5K - 6K per yr. I would hate to know just changing colors would make my cost go to 10K+ doing the same work. Just my $.02

ETRon

Equipment
M6040
Aug 4, 2010
Tellico Plains, TN
Just two cents I guess but I'm with Bulldog..... never would have bought one with the additional emissions and glad I got in before the game.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
If Kubota plans to release a 7060 without DPF and you can wait I would do that if it was me. The cost should be lower and nothing extra to maintain.

I have a friend that has a 5085 and a 5105 JD. I have used them both quite a bit and while they are nice the fuel consumption is 2 or 3 times more than what a Kubota. That may not be a huge factor for you but the last 3 or 4 years my fuel cost has been around 5K - 6K per yr. I would hate to know just changing colors would make my cost go to 10K+ doing the same work. Just my $.02
Sounds like you put a lot of hours per year on your machines. :cool:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Sounds like you put a lot of hours per year on your machines. :cool:
The last few years I have been doing more hay for other people which has increased my work load. You know how it is, you're never caught up around the farm. I guess I should have included my Bobcat in the post. For it's size it burns more fuel pound for pound than both tractors combined. When you keep the bucket in the dirt it sucks fuel thru like it was free.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
My 3560 hst has the dpf, and so far no problems. I am more concerned withe the computer stuff in the "Intellipanel" going haywire. But compared to the Ford 8N I am in 7th heaven:):)

live_roll

Equipment
M108 / BX 25 / RTV 900 / ZD331 / M7060 / B1200 Mx5100 Ford 1500
Dec 16, 2009
Irricana Alberta
I purchased an M7060 this spring, and have over 300 trouble free hours on it. My first with the Re-Gen system. It has gone into re-gen about 4 times. there has not been an issue with it. One tip the mechanic told me however; was to keep idling to a minimum to keep particulates from loading up the system.
It has been a nice mowing tractor, I like the E540 pto, running a JD 390 Flail and a JD 72" rotary and has now had any issues with being underpowered. It is great on fuel,, but a large part of that is the "overdrive" on high gear it tops out at about 1900 rpm, at 39 KPH ( about 23 MPH) so if doing any "roadwork" traveling it is not screaming it's guts out wasting fuel. Like with My M108
So far, so good I do like the tractor. and once one gets over the fears of the new Tier 4

Cheers

Roger

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I would get it in stone-cold writing that Kubota will release a tractor without emissions equipment- I am very skeptical that they will, or can, do this- since the current model already has it. Otherwise, you will wait for nothing.
My dad just bought a 2013 JD 5065E just for that reason- to get a previous year model without the stuff. It all may be running fine now, but most people keep tractors for a long time- there is no doubt that the cost of maintenance will be substantially higher.

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA
There may just be a misunderstanding - a Tractor without the DPF does not mean it will be a tractor without emissions. If I remember correctly - and I could very well be wrong as I am old and grey and do not remember everything 100%, but Dodge Trucks originally had the DPF system on their cummins diesel engines along with the regen system, they gave that up for a system similar to what Ford, Chevy and GMC were and are using that requires a special exhaust fluid.

I believe kubota may do away with the DPF system - but that does not mean the engine will not have emission control crap on it.

Catchad81

Dec 23, 2013
Notasulga, AL
There may just be a misunderstanding - a Tractor without the DPF does not mean it will be a tractor without emissions. If I remember correctly - and I could very well be wrong as I am old and grey and do not remember everything 100%, but Dodge Trucks originally had the DPF system on their cummins diesel engines along with the regen system, they gave that up for a system similar to what Ford, Chevy and GMC were and are using that requires a special exhaust fluid.

I believe kubota may do away with the DPF system - but that does not mean the engine will not have emission control crap on it.
All depends on who you talk to I guess. A reliable source on another forum says they have spoke directly to Kubota and the non DPF engines will be sold in other markets, not used in their tractors. Say it is due to even higher temperatures required. Also, there will be a change in the model line in the next year or so, they would still have the DPF but also have DEF.

I'm going to go ahead with the M7060. The Deere 5075e is out given the foot throttle location, vibration, and overall throw together appearance (imo), the Deere 5075m cost too much as does the New Holland T4.75. The lift arm range of motion is not as great as the Deere which I don't like but I'll make it work. The Deere lifts 37" vs the 33" to 35" of the Kubota. Just doesn't carry the mx6 cutter as high as the Deere.

Got to finalize the deal but does 44.7k sound about right with the loader?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I don't know what Kubota will do in the future, but Agco/Massey has the bigger utility tractors with no DPF. But they're compacts still use a DPF.

There was an announcement a while back on Kubota's global web site about new engines in the 70 h.p. range with no DPF.....but I have heard the same thing.....they won't be used in tractors.

Catchad81

Dec 23, 2013
Notasulga, AL
I don't know what Kubota will do in the future, but Agco/Massey has the bigger utility tractors with no DPF. But they're compacts still use a DPF.

There was an announcement a while back on Kubota's global web site about new engines in the 70 h.p. range with no DPF.....but I have heard the same thing.....they won't be used in tractors.
What about rear weight? In addition to filling the tires, which is better the cast discs or wheel weights?

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I have the cast centers on my 9000 and they have been great. I don't know what they cost difference would be but the cast centers would have to be stronger than standard centers.