LP SB1064 won't mate with my HF quick hitch - solutions?

Showmedata

Equipment
LX3310
May 18, 2022
Boulder CO
I just picked up a used Landrpide SB1064 snowblower and the blasted thing won't mate to my Harbor Freight quick hitch. The SB mounts are just a hair too wide (inside to inside). The QH works fine with my chipper and receiver hitch adapter, but both of those use cantilevered pins whereas the SB has two U-shaped pin brackets.

I'm thinking the best route is to see if I can bend the tabs on the snowblower, but they're 1/4" steel so it wouldn't be easy; I need to pull the inner tabs closer together just 1/4".

Has anybody else dealt with this issue and have a better solution?

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have heard from some local people that they have experienced the same problems with Horror Freight quick hitches. I would think long and hard about trying to modify a LandPride product to fit a Chinese-made product.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I would cut the existing tabs and weld new plate to the existing tabs. Then drill a new hole and add a new and longer pin.

Of course, the other option is to sell the Harbor Freight hitch. However, from all I've read, there was some variation of QH over the years, so the issue could be with the Land Pride attachment. That being said, my Land Pride attachments all work fine with my Land Pride QH, but my attachments and QH are only 1 1/2 years old.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
"LP SB1064 won't mate with my HF quick hitch - solutions?"

Don't buy HF for important equipment. It's never worth it.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I just picked up a used Landrpide SB1064 snowblower and the blasted thing won't mate to my Harbor Freight quick hitch. The SB mounts are just a hair too wide (inside to inside). The QH works fine with my chipper and receiver hitch adapter, but both of those use cantilevered pins whereas the SB has two U-shaped pin brackets.

I'm thinking the best route is to see if I can bend the tabs on the snowblower, but they're 1/4" steel so it wouldn't be easy; I need to pull the inner tabs closer together just 1/4".

Maybe something helpful here.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

Modify the quick hitch. All QH's are not equal.

I had to cut my speeco QH and weld it 1/2" wider to fit most of my implements. I also had to cut a slot for clearance for my PTO shaft.