Low on power after 50hr service

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Long story short, dealer did 50hr service on my 3301 HST. Got it back. Didn't use it for a while due to weather and family vacation..etc.

I plowed a section of field that it felt like the tractor was still in "M", instead of "L". It would bog down, id stop, the RPMs would pick back up. Etc.

The FEL doesn't seem to go direct to bypass if its trying to lift something heavy. It seems to slowly build pressure and SLOWLY lift up.

I am pretty sure its something hydraulic related. I disconnected and reconnected all the FEL hydraulics as well as the rear remotes. Doesnt seem to have changed anything.

Anyone have any ideas? Id call the dealer, but theyre closed on Sundays. Will follow up with them on Monday.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Do the hydraulics sound any different like it's laboring to work even when your not doing anything?

What Kind of fluid did they use?

What color are the filters they used on the hydraulics?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I take it you have plowed this before? To have a baseline of what it takes to plow? Is that a single 12" , 14" or?

was the soil hard or typical?

What engine rpm are you using?

Did they change the hydraulic filter(s) - I bet the did, you check hydraulic oil level by chance?

From what you are describing it seems to be hydraulic related. I think Monday you will have to call the dealer.:)

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Do the hydraulics sound any different like it's laboring to work even when your not doing anything?

What Kind of fluid did they use?

What color are the filters they used on the hydraulics?

No. Sound is the same loudness its been since I got it. SUDT fluid, 3qts it says on the BOM.

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
I take it you have plowed this before? To have a baseline of what it takes to plow? Is that a single 12" , 14" or?

was the soil hard or typical?

What engine rpm are you using?

Did they change the hydraulic filter(s) - I bet the did, you check hydraulic oil level by chance?

From what you are describing it seems to be hydraulic related. I think Monday you will have to call the dealer.:)

Its a single 12". Ive plowed two other surrounded fields the same way with no issues. RPM is one tick past PTO and in "L", with the front wheels engaged.

Soil was typical. It had rained within the previous week.

Hydraulic level is normal.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
In the pics I see the original hydraulic filter. Looks like they changed the HST filter, but not the hydraulic filter. I think this is considered normal for the 50 hr service, but I haven't looked at the manual in a while.

That said, it is my understanding that SOME of the L01's had an issue with the original hydraulic filters in that they'd cause some hydraulic issues. Power steering, 3ph and loader are the common complaints. Ask your dealer if there was a bulletin, and if it applies to your tractor. If it does, you could possibly get a free hydraulic oil and filter change if your tractor is affected.

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
Hydro fluid levels are triple checked. Theyre good.

The 3pt is not at max lift.

Rechecked all the hydro qc's.

I did check the rear remote levers today. Did not change anything. Jostled them a bit made sure they were in neutral.

I called the service dept, they said they were going to create a workorder to bring it back in, as I had already checked all the simple stuff. They were going to check about that bulletin from Kubota.

BCrouse

Jul 30, 2016
PA
After having it for 8 days, dealer could not reproduce any issues. They're going to deliver it back to me, hopefully on Tuesday. Service Manager (SM) stated if it happens again, I should take video and email it to them. Sounds like they tried pretty hard to duplicate the issue, SM told me all the tests they had done to try and duplicate my issues. They were not happy they couldn't duplicate the issue, but what can we do? Hopefully the issue does not occur again. It was a bad time for me to have the tractor in the shop.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
In the pics I see the original hydraulic filter. Looks like they changed the HST filter, but not the hydraulic filter. I think this is considered normal for the 50 hr service, but I haven't looked at the manual in a while.
lugbolt - - I noticed the original filter as well, but am not familiar with the service requirements for an '01.

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
lugbolt - - I noticed the original filter as well, but am not familiar with the service requirements for an '01.
I know it's a different tractor but my B3350 manual called for ALL of the spin on filters to be replaced at the 50 hour. Engine oil,transmission and the hydraulic filter.I can't imagine that to different for any tractor.There shouldn't be any gray filters remaining on that tractor.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
I know it's a different tractor but my B3350 manual called for ALL of the spin on filters to be replaced at the 50 hour. Engine oil,transmission and the hydraulic filter.I can't imagine that to different for any tractor.There shouldn't be any gray filters remaining on that tractor.
My L3560 HSTC manual calls for an oil filter change (plus oil change) and an HST filter change... the hydraulic filter is not changed out at 50 hours. My B2320HSD also called out an oil filter change (not oil though) and HST filter change at 50 hours... again no hydraulic filter change.

So evidently there differences between tractors, and it may be totally legitimate to have the original hydraulic filter left on it after the 50 hour service. Best to check manuals to know for sure.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
My L3560 HSTC manual calls for an oil filter change (plus oil change) and an HST filter change... the hydraulic filter is not changed out at 50 hours. My B2320HSD also called out an oil filter change (not oil though) and HST filter change at 50 hours... again no hydraulic filter change.

So evidently there differences between tractors, and it may be totally legitimate to have the original hydraulic filter left on it after the 50 hour service. Best to check manuals to know for sure.

Interesting.Thanks!
After reading your post I confirmed my schedule and then I found an L3301 owners manual online which calls for the first hydraulic oil filter change at 400 hours.I would think that the 50 hour filter change would make more sense considering the removal of assembly and break in debris.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Interesting.Thanks!
After reading your post I confirmed my schedule and then I found an L3301 owners manual online which calls for the first hydraulic oil filter change at 400 hours.I would think that the 50 hour filter change would make more sense considering the removal of assembly and break in debris.
Probably calls for filter change @50 and fluid and filters @400.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Probably calls for filter change @50 and fluid and filters @400.
Nope... I even confirmed with the dealer (and WSM), no hydraulic filter change at 50 hours. My L3560 calls out to change the hydraulic filter at 400 hours and at 400 hour intervals (same as the transmission fluid change)... and the dealer confirmed (I asked the dealer because it was not what I expected). HST filter is at 50 hours, 200 hours, then every 200 hours. So only motor oil filter and HST filter (a.k.a., transmission filter) at 50 hours plus motor oil change.

If I remember correctly, my B2320HSD was the same (but I could be wrong on that one).

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
After seeing what comes out @50 on 3 new tractors I'd never wait that long to change the fluid but that's me I guess. All mine said to change everything @50 hrs and I'm glad I did.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
After seeing what comes out @50 on 3 new tractors I'd never wait that long to change the fluid but that's me I guess. All mine said to change everything @50 hrs and I'm glad I did.
Same for me, even on a BX when it wasn't called for yet in the new manual. Was before.
But, like Bulldog says, that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: