Lost front end loader boom down pressure

mdankoff

Equipment
B2400 HST
Aug 7, 2019
Snohomish
Hi Guys... new to the forum.
My B2400 has a LA351 front end loader. It seems to have (rather suddenly) lost capability to exert down pressure on the boom. I used to be able to lift the front wheels off the ground, and it is essential for digging. The controller was actually replaced about 5 years ago with the "new" version 4 way valve set. When I push the stick up the boom will "flinch" down a tiny bit but then just pops into float mode. Any Ideas?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hi Guys... new to the forum.
My B2400 has a LA351 front end loader. It seems to have (rather suddenly) lost capability to exert down pressure on the boom. I used to be able to lift the front wheels off the ground, and it is essential for digging. The controller was actually replaced about 5 years ago with the "new" version 4 way valve set. When I push the stick up the boom will "flinch" down a tiny bit but then just pops into float mode. Any Ideas?
Sounds like the valve has come undone on the float control.
I'll look at valve blue prints and get back to you shortly! ;)

mdankoff

Equipment
B2400 HST
Aug 7, 2019
Snohomish
Quick disconnects all good... N. Idaho Wolfman: Thanks for taking the time to look this up. I believe there are rebuild kits available for this but it might be a bit above my pay grade.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I just did a B7500 valve. Same complaint. Found detent assembly rusted, failed. Caused the valve to fail to go into down detent, bypassed it and went directly to float. They have a kit to repair it and it's pretty easy to put in.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Like lugbolt said, it's not that hard.

2 bolts on each one of the caps and it will all come apart and go back together.

No fluid loss.

Attachments

Last edited:

mdankoff

Equipment
B2400 HST
Aug 7, 2019
Snohomish
Thank you very much! Looks like "puzzle" time for me. I hate to hijack this thread but you guys sure know a lot... here is one for you. Kinda scary...
My 54" mower deck; right blade; the one with gear housing on top for grass catcher fan. That blade will move (measured at the tip) at least four inches in either direction until it hits a hard stop. The blade is on the shaft correctly, and the shaft turns underneath the deck, but the PULLEY ON TOP DOESN'T. So, I guess you would say it has four inches of free play. No noise, no vibration, no excess heat, but that just aint right. I can't even image where there could be a disconnect between the blade and pulley. One thing is for sure: it is most likely going to blow up big time unless we get a grip on it.
Thanks again for your consideration.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Thank you very much! Looks like "puzzle" time for me. I hate to hijack this thread but you guys sure know a lot... here is one for you. Kinda scary...
My 54" mower deck; right blade; the one with gear housing on top for grass catcher fan. That blade will move (measured at the tip) at least four inches in either direction until it hits a hard stop. The blade is on the shaft correctly, and the shaft turns underneath the deck, but the PULLEY ON TOP DOESN'T. So, I guess you would say it has four inches of free play. No noise, no vibration, no excess heat, but that just aint right. I can't even image where there could be a disconnect between the blade and pulley. One thing is for sure: it is most likely going to blow up big time unless we get a grip on it.
Try not to hijack a thread with a completely different problem than the thread is about. Start your own thread with a title that matches your problem so people that can help you with an answer, find it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try not to hijack a thread with a completely different problem than the thread is about. Start your own thread with a title that matches your problem so people that can help you with an answer, find it.
It's an acceptable hijack, he's the OP of the thread. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Can you get the serial number and or model number off the deck?