Looking for a B3350 block heater.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
As far as I can tell on my B 2650 the glow plugs are on as long as I hold the key in the spring resisted position going 1 mississippi 2 mississippi etc. until I think it is warm enough.

There is a glow plug indicator light.

The manual for the 2650/3350 does not differentiate between the 2 models with regard to starting.
That is my understanding as well.

I was told and read that the glow plug warm up is totally manual based on above description.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
First of all I would not do anything to void my warranty...
Trying to sell the tractor with tampered emissions couldn’t be any tougher than trying to sell a B3350 with its current issues. I love the tractor and just want it to work as intended. The dpf is $2600. It’s the only dpf that Kubota made as a single piece; that is it cannot be broken down for cleaning or repair, only replaced.
The reformer and dfp is being replaced this week, and now I’m concerned about the cylinder head leaking oil, ugh! Should i ask the dealer about this? Is there a test that can be performed?
Now for fuel additives, Should I use water disperses and anti-gell chemicals or not?
I sure appreciate this forum and everyone who gives me input. Without you I’d be sol for sure. :)
Re: the additives, I defer to eserv on the do not use in 3350 if he has information from Kubota on it. When I first got my L3560 in 2013 I asked Kubota via their online link if there was any particular mold inhibitor or anti gel that was suitable for dpf engines, and they said they had no particular recommendations, there were so many to choose from. A lot of water has gone under the bridge since then, so maybe they have learned differently. For a couple of years I have used an additive made by Kubota, but recently learned it was not available at least from the dealer I was getting it from. I would be interested in learning where the advice to eserv originated.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I've looked into this quite a bit, and I'm surprised someone hasn't just eliminated the emissions system completely, it's a mechanical fuel injected engine, there is nothing to stop it from running if done properly.
there are no controls to it that can't be bypassed.

There are plenty of V1505 non emissions engines out there for cheap enough that one could pull the whole engine and emissions system out and replace it with an older version of the same motor, with more HP and no emissions headaches.

This of course is all just speaking off the cuff and I for one would never do such a hideous thing as to make a non performing emissions regulated tractor perform without it's emissions...

Anyone got a B3350 that they wanna dump for cheap because it doesn't run? ;)
That's sort of correct.

It is, indeed, a mechanically fuel injected engine but the ECU controls the governor. Haven't looked closely enough to determine how this is done and if it can be easily modified.

SDT

Last edited by a moderator:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
First of all I would not do anything to void my warranty...
Trying to sell the tractor with tampered emissions couldn’t be any tougher than trying to sell a B3350 with its current issues. I love the tractor and just want it to work as intended. The dpf is $2600. It’s the only dpf that Kubota made as a single piece; that is it cannot be broken down for cleaning or repair, only replaced.
The reformer and dfp is being replaced this week, and now I’m concerned about the cylinder head leaking oil, ugh! Should i ask the dealer about this? Is there a test that can be performed?
Now for fuel additives, Should I use water disperses and anti-gell chemicals or not?
I sure appreciate this forum and everyone who gives me input. Without you I’d be sol for sure. :)
I would not broach this subject unless necessary.

Who knows, yours may work properly upon return.

Unfortunately, the only way that my dealer has been able to determine if oil is getting past the intake valve seals is to remove the intake manifold and inspect visually.

Keep in mind, that this issue can cause an OT shut down when performing a regen operation and is unrelated to low temperature/cold climate issues.

SDT

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That's sort of correct.

It is, indeed, a mechanically fuel injected engine but the ECU controls the governor. Haven't looked closely enough to determine how this is done and if it can be easily modified.

SDT
Nope, governor is mechanical.
There is just a solenoid to up the idle for regen, but that's it. ;)

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Fuel rack solenoid, and speed sensor, both easily eliminated. ;)
Are you saying that there is more than one solenoid controlling engine speed, e.g., one for high RPM during parked regen and at least one more for cold start idle speed?

Not saying that there are not, and I have not yet inspected mine.

B3350orbust

Equipment
B3350, 72” Bush Hog, 72” box blade, 72” grader blade, 48” King Kutter tiller,
Nov 27, 2019
Long Bottom, Ohio
I’m not sure the tractor does anything to idol up when it’s cold. I believe that was left to me, it does however increase and decrease engine speed during the parked regen.

B3350orbust

Equipment
Nov 27, 2019
Long Bottom, Ohio
My owners manual states to set the throttle at “about half” before starting. It then states the length of time the glow plugs should be warmed according to the outdoor temperature. So does that negate the thought that the obc controls the glow plugs?

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
So to clarify things, fuel additives; anti gel? and gp’s, I use anti gel starting in mid november and havent noticed any problems, should there be? i hold my ignition switch on for about 30 sec maybe more if its below 20 deg for the gp’s, your saying just turn ignition on and wait for the gp idicator light to go out before starting. 2014 B3350. I have never had any problems with the operation of the regen process. Sometimes she will smoke heavily for a few minutes while the process is taking place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B3350orbust

Equipment
Nov 27, 2019
Long Bottom, Ohio
What my owners manual says, hold the glow plugs on for 3 seconds above 32 degrees, 5 seconds for 23-32 degrees, and 10 seconds for 5-23 degrees. Attempt to start, if it doesn’t start in ten seconds repeat...