Look at this Air filter~ ;(

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
I have installed this white filter on top of Primary filter on 473.2 hrs. and today I took it out and put new one in and took a picture of old one.

Today's engine hour was 489.2 hrs. so after only 16 hours of running and that filter got so dark... :eek: Is anyone noticed on your air filter get dirty so quick, 'cause of engine fume~?!

'cause of this additional filter, primary filter isn't look too bad. but I think it is not too healthy stuff for the engine, Is it?

Joe.

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
I guess it depends on the conditions you operate your tractor in. I have had my B8200 for about 3 years (150 hours) and the air filter still is clean.

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-Y4rTEnoO8&feature=related
On this B8200D, muffler is installed vertically.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdO8XcLJKbs
On this video, muffler is installed horizontally, even though same operator, same tractor... :eek:

Is it possible that you could move it up or down yourself~???

If it is up position, your air filter will be clean but your lung would be black.
If it is down position, your lung will be clean but your air filter would be black.:rolleyes:

So, which way your muffler installed?

Mine is right below of the radiator. so radiator cooling fan sucks all those
smoke into the air filter... refer the picture below.

Wild fire has made his muffler facing all the way down to the ground.
I wish I could do that too...:eek:

Joe.

Attachments

DsBota

Equipment
B8200, G1800
Apr 13, 2010
Milton, Ontario, Canada
They're not the same tractor the first one has 4wd but i know someone who's B8200 had a vertical muffler and swung it down so it was horizontal. Not sure if it doable on your machine. You'll have to look at the mounting bolts and see if there is any clearance issues.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I hated the hoz. exhaust on my B 7100 so I stood mine up and removed the short tip and added a short stack with a turn out on it. This worked like a champ for me and took all my smoke trouble away and made them blow right above my head and to the left. Even if you can't move your pipe I'm sure your local muffler shop could bend you a stack and fix things up for a small amount of money.

Will In Tx

Equipment
L3400 HST/FEL, Box Blade, RTV 900 Camo, ZD323 Zreo Turn Pro Mower + More
Mar 21, 2010
Rosharon, TX. USA
My L3400 filter gets cleaned every 50hrs or less because right now I am working in dust.