LockNLube Grease Gun Coupler - Worth The Price ?

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, with standard front loader, and LandPride rear blade ( 60 inch )
Nov 2, 2020
United States
Hi everyone,
I've seen a few people talk about the LockNLube brand grease gun coupler, and reviews are good...
is this something any of you have ? or suggest purchasing ? I just want to get a few opinions before I purchase this. It may not be something "amazing" but maybe it is. I watched their product video on YouTube also and they make it feel like it's something you "really" need. Thanks for any info ! :)

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
I bought a Kubota one at my dealer and works great on the tractor and FEL but doesn't fit on the recessed fittings on by Wood's BH..... PIA to change over but it is what it is!

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It's a big help. Only one spot on two tractors that it won't fit. Worth the money.

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
I think for what you get, it is overpriced, but for what it does, I'm glad I bought one. It makes greasing my tractor easier as I don't have to worry about it coming loose while operating the grease gun. Would I buy another one if this one failed, yes.

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
There have been times in the 50-PLUS years that I’ve worked on equipment (both professionally and privately) in which I’ve experienced a zerk-fitting that will not allow the ordinary grease-gun nozzle to lock onto the zerk.... and that can be messy and frustrating.

But the REAL PROBLEM is NOT usually the nozzle.... it’s either the adjustment of the nozzle (which a lot of folks don’t know it exists or don’t know how to adjust it)... OR... it’s the zerk fitting with is worn-out .... OR... (and this is the usual problem) it is BLOCKED and does not allow grease to flow (which in extreme cases can ”pop” the nozzle off the zerk.)

In these cases of a failed or blocked zerk fitting the answer is to fix the zerk ...either by replacing it or clearing it. (There are tools which can clear it ”in situ” but they force whatever is blocking it into the machinery and that’s not usually a good idea, especially if the blockage is a chip of broken spring inside the zerk or dirt or solidified grease.)

In the case of the maladjusted nozzle the fix is to twist the nozzle-end tighter or the nozzle-stem inward. That usually takes care of the problem.

For those who don’t want to perform “proper” maintenance on their grease gun and zerks... these difficulties can usually be overcome with a tool such as the Lock N Lube... but it’s an expensive way to not perform mx like the book intends, IMO. (Standing-by with my Nomex suit on....). :geek:

TheKubotaKing

Equipment
Kubota BX2380, with standard front loader, and LandPride rear blade ( 60 inch )
Nov 2, 2020
United States
Thanks for the reply so far ! I appreciate them ! For those who have purchased this brand, what do you suggest ? the regular or XL model ? I was on Amazon this morning and read that the XL doesn't fit some tractor fittings, the LockNLube piece is too long, so many suggest buying the regular model. What do you all say ? ( I should have asked this in my opening post ! sorry about that. ) P.s. that XL is much more expensive than the "regular / shorter" model

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I bought a Kubota one at my dealer and works great on the tractor and FEL but doesn't fit on the recessed fittings on by Wood's BH..... PIA to change over but it is what it is!
Something like this could help?

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Something like this could help?
No I just go back to my 40 year old hand pumper and the tips fit into the recessed shaft boss's. I have gotten too use to the Dewalt 18 v to go back to OLD day's.

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I purchased the regular Lock-n-Lube. It has worked just fine for me. It is a little on the expensive side, but the older I get I don't mind paying for things that make my life a little easier.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I have one on my grease gun at home and if Santa brings me another one, I'll put that on the grease gun down at the farm property. Are they pricey? Yes. But as Bmyers said, "...I don't mind paying for things that make my life a little easier."

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had grown weary of having to hold the nozzle with one hand and pump with the other.
IMG_8580.JPG

So my new Lock N Lube came in today. ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't know if the Lock N Lube is worth the money, but the cheap Chinese knock-off I bought wasn't.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I looked at a knockoff for about half price, but opted to go with the real USA made deal. It will be next week before I will have an opportunity to use it.

flogler

Equipment
2017 BX23s
Dec 18, 2019
Debary, FL. USA
After having numerous issues while greasing other equipment this was a great investment. Makes one handed use great. It fit all my fittings.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I don't know if the Lock N Lube is worth the money, but the cheap Chinese knock-off I bought wasn't.
Saw them on Amazon for a lot less. Figured they were just that... cheap. Surprised that there aren't Chinese copies of Pat's Easy Change as well.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
There have been times in the 50-PLUS years that I’ve worked on equipment (both professionally and privately) in which I’ve experienced a zerk-fitting that will not allow the ordinary grease-gun nozzle to lock onto the zerk.... and that can be messy and frustrating.

But the REAL PROBLEM is NOT usually the nozzle.... it’s either the adjustment of the nozzle (which a lot of folks don’t know it exists or don’t know how to adjust it)... OR... it’s the zerk fitting with is worn-out .... OR... (and this is the usual problem) it is BLOCKED and does not allow grease to flow (which in extreme cases can ”pop” the nozzle off the zerk.)

In these cases of a failed or blocked zerk fitting the answer is to fix the zerk ...either by replacing it or clearing it. (There are tools which can clear it ”in situ” but they force whatever is blocking it into the machinery and that’s not usually a good idea, especially if the blockage is a chip of broken spring inside the zerk or dirt or solidified grease.)

In the case of the maladjusted nozzle the fix is to twist the nozzle-end tighter or the nozzle-stem inward. That usually takes care of the problem.

For those who don’t want to perform “proper” maintenance on their grease gun and zerks... these difficulties can usually be overcome with a tool such as the Lock N Lube... but it’s an expensive way to not perform mx like the book intends, IMO. (Standing-by with my Nomex suit on....). :geek:
No Nomex suit needed in my view,. however, cheap couplers lack the adjustable collet jaws. All mine are Plews and they adjust just fine, so I would never pony up the funds for one. No need that I can see. I do suspect that many people don't know that knurled end is the collet adjustment, but then I use all lever guns, no cordless electric grease guns here either. Much of my equipment drivelines specify a certain number of pumps, especially for the double Cardan (CV joints) Too much is as bad as too little.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I use one on my grease gun at work. It sure helps simplify the job when your in a really hard to reach location.

xrocketengineer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1880, FEL, Grapple, 36 in. Forks, 48in. MMM, Quick Spade, Ripper
Nov 14, 2020
Merritt Island, Florida
I have been using a Macnaught KY+ (funny name) grease coupler since breaking a fitting on the FEL. My problem was that the original coupler would get stuck on most of the tractor fittings until I broke one. It is kind of pricey (over $30 at Amazon) but I have not had any more problems.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
I bought one to use when I grease the landing gear on my plane. There are 30 zerks, 10 each on the mains and nose gear, and the LNL makes it a LOT easier. I have one at the shop too, to use on my BX and JD430, and they will fit all the zerks on them, except a couple of the u-joint zerks. Those are tight to get even a standard Lincoln coupler onto them.
They are pricey, but they will last a long time, and they even give you a set of new jaws for it too.