Local Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I remember my wife mentioning to me years ago (she is Japanese) that kids on farms on the Northern island of Hokkaido grow attached to cows raised on the farms.

When their favorite cows are shipped off to market, they feel sad…but at dinner time they ask for heaping portions of beef! LOL.

Reactions: 1 user

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Doubt she stopped for a hamburger on the way home.

Bet your ass she feeds her many cats some kind of canned “Seafood Mix” back home and then proceeds to let them urinate on the walls and carpeting because they are "free range" cats…..😉🤓
Fixed it for you 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I remember my wife mentioning to me years ago (she is Japanese) that kids on farms on the Northern island of Hokkaido grow attached to cows raised on the farms.

When their favorite cows are shipped off to market, they feel sad…but at dinner time they ask for heaping portions of beef! LOL.
Yeah.......but Kobe beef is the best!

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Jesus ate fish. So yeah, I’m OK with it…
(y)
Dominion over the animals....

Genesis 1:26

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

Reactions: 1 users

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Give a man a fish and you can feed him one meal. Teach a person to fish and you can feed him a lifetime.
That woman needs to get hungry, and her song would change.
Keep life simple..... it actually works.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
There is one aspect of this not mentioned and that is the catch and release only rules in some parts of the country. I grew up fishing with my dad, and we fished until we had our limits, took them home and ate them or froze for future feasts. I see no point in fishing for and harassing fish just for the fun of it. Perhaps that was what she objected to. I have always thought that unless you are very skilled at extracting the hook, a certain fraction of released fish are going to get a fungus and die.

• Dislike

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
There is one aspect of this not mentioned and that is the catch and release only rules in some parts of the country. I grew up fishing with my dad, and we fished until we had our limits, took them home and ate them or froze for future feasts. I see no point in fishing for and harassing fish just for the fun of it. Perhaps that was what she objected to. I have always thought that unless you are very skilled at extracting the hook, a certain fraction of released fish are going to get a fungus and die.
I agree. The entire BASS industry is based around a fish that very few eat. All for show and a ton of money.
If I do target bass I bring them home and will fry them up. There are other species I prefer for the dinner table.

• Dislike

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Agreed, catch and release is pointless imo and inhumane. I'd much rather fish with the intent of consuming and have done so plenty of times. Catch and release is pretty much the equivalent of trapping a deer by inflicting bodily harm to it to take a photo and then let it go, injured.

• Dislike

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
lol libs, pretty predictable. This is why we dont get along and need a divorce

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users

radas

Equipment
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Let's assume someone's political affiliation based on their stance on catch and release 😂 clear indication of low IQ. Thank you again for providing zero value to another conversation and turning something as simple as fishing into a political mess.

• Dislike

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Couldn't help but wonder whether the fish would prefer your approach, or the catch and release approach?...LOL

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Couldn't help but wonder whether the fish would prefer your approach, or the catch and release approach?...LOL
The fish were ok with it since they were going to be taken home to eat rather than live another miserable day

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I see no point in fishing for and harassing fish just for the fun of it. Perhaps that was what she objected to. I have always thought that unless you are very skilled at extracting the hook, a certain fraction of released fish are going to get a fungus and die.
Yeah she not only objected but placed her objection precisely so the children who were there to fish got to see. Hopefully the parents gave the children a good lesson about that certain "type" of person, then carried on having a great day of catch and release fishing....SHEEEEESH!!!!!

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
Agreed, catch and release is pointless imo and inhumane. I'd much rather fish with the intent of consuming and have done so plenty of times. Catch and release is pretty much the equivalent of trapping a deer by inflicting bodily harm to it to take a photo and then let it go, injured.
Easily the most ridiculous thing ive heard for a long time. You should be embarrassed.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Doesn't she realize that while she is wasting time standing there with her sign there are thousands of sad trees in the forest that really just need a hug.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
The wife is a Regan republican and I am left of center democrat. I love to fish, she hates fishing. She drinks wine, I drink bourbon. Been going at it for over 45 years so politics ain't an issue. Perhaps we can see both sides. Give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.