Local Paper

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
This was a new clip from a local news paper "the conway daily sun" , from conway New Hampshire. My sister forwarded it to me.
For thoses that can't enlarge it it says "the fish and game club is holding a kids fishing derby and this woman is protesting the "coercion" of childern to harm and kill animals".
Ive fished since I could walk. One of my personal places to go mentally to focus and love nature and leave the world behind. I actually feel sorry for this woman.
Screenshot_20220607-143832~2 fishing.png

Reactions: 1 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Seems like a good place to stop and eat a haddock sammich

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Jesus ate fish. So yeah, I’m OK with it…

Reactions: 7 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Doubt she stopped for a hamburger on the way home.

Bet your ass she feeds her cat some kind of canned “Seafood Mix” back home…..😉🤓

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
At the risk of being insensitive, she doesn't appear to have missed too many meals, and I'll bet she's not a vegan.

• Love
  • Haha

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
This was a new clip from a local news paper "the conway daily sun" , from conway New Hampshire. My sister forwarded it to me.
For thoses that can't enlarge it it says "the fish and game club is holding a kids fishing derby and this woman is protesting the "coercion" of childern to harm and kill animals".
Ive fished since I could walk. One of my personal places to go mentally to focus and love nature and leave the world behind. I actually feel sorry for this woman. View attachment 81489
That photo is an absolutely perfect image of a liberal wacko!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
At the risk of being insensitive, she doesn't appear to have missed too many meals, and I'll bet she's a virgin. :giggle:

• Haha

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
If we all become herbivores, would the theory of evolution predict that our eyes would move to the sides of our heads?
Should we complain about the birds and grizzly bears eating fish?

Reactions: 1 user

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Just for that I think I'll keep a limit next time rather than just lunch

Many think that fishing is just catching fish and there is some truth to that. I'm like WFM above, fishing to me is as much the challenge, as it is getting away from everything and using the time to think, pray, meditate, whatever. And I have the perfect spot for it that nobody else dares to go. Don't get many fish up there but I also don't try too hard. They're there I just don't really care if they are biting or not. Sometimes I'll snag a few just to have a lunch, or dinner or whatever.

I was guiding the river for a living, for a little while. Fun but WORK. Some people that's all they cared about is that they had a fish every cast. Some were just using me to figure out how to do it. Then there were a select few, usually city slickers, that had never been on the river, had never been outside of a stocked pond in the middle of town with 300 other people lining the bank trying to catch stocked 10"-15" catfish. And that's all fine to do that, I did too growing up. We hop in the boat and head upriver, past all the houses, boat docks, multi-million dollar investment properties, and we get to an area, about 3 1/2 miles of river (as far as I can go in my boat, safely) where there is...NOTHING. Deer, turkey, squirrels swimming across the river, snakes, otters, etc. Had a lady in her early 40's flew in from near Akron, OH, because it was a "dartboard toss vacation". In other words, she's got a map on a dartboard, blindly throws the dart and it landed here, she googled what's there and found this. NEver been fishing a day in her life. Yay I get another beginner. But, she was a trooper. We get on up where the fish is at, I gave her a quick rundown on how to cast a spinning rig, and she had it down in no time flat. Hung the first fish, I netted it, nothing special just a 14" Rainbow, and you'd have thought she was in heaven. The air temp at the top of the hill was probably 80 degrees, but down on the river it might have been 60-COLD considering the fog and humidity. A few fish and about an hour later she's like "I'm just going to sit here and relax". Ok cool I'll throw a lure or two if you don't mind. As we sat there, a pair of Eagles flew over. She'd never seen Eagles in real life only on TV. Little while later a squirrel swims past. They have black squirrels where she is, so seeing a gray one was "odd" to her. At the end of our 4 hour fishing trip--and about 25 fish later (we only kept 5 each), she took her catch to the cabin she rented and cooked 'em up using a recipe that we found online while I was cleaning the fish. I got a nice tip, made a friend, and she found a place that has way more to offer than her faster-paced way of life that she's so used to.

I know it's really just a little thing, fishing, we take it for granted--but it is so much more, if you let it be.

Reactions: 6 users

PAshooter

Premium Member

Equipment
L2850 LA650 Bradco 8MD2 Woods RD6000 B7300 LA271 RCK54-24B 48" Befco
Sep 27, 2020
PA
Sign lower left says shes an outdoors women. My guess is never been a hungry outdoors women.

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
I profusely apologize for the whackjobs of my state getting loose and infecting life in your state.
:(

• Haha

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
You don't haver to be a liberal to be a whack job! There are plenty of all stripes to go around :)
She is a beauty tho!
Thank you. Really surprises some people that a few of us liberals hunt and fish. I no longer hunt but love to fish.
Any one that has had a pickeral or pike nail their finger knows that fish inflect pain !

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You don't haver to be a liberal to be a whack job! There are plenty of all stripes to go around :)
She is a beauty tho!
If she is not a liberal wack job, then what is she?

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
Doubt she stopped for a hamburger on the way home.

Bet your ass she feeds her cat some kind of canned “Seafood Mix” back home…..😉🤓
No doubt.

Had a young friend who was asked to take care of a dog owned by a vegan family that was going on vacation for a couple weeks. Dog had a vegan diet, same as the family. As a prank, my friend fed the dog all kinds of good meaty dog food for those two weeks. When the family came back from vacation they reported their dog was refusing to eat....

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
There have been studies that show fish have 21 pain receptors in the mouth area. They do feel pain. Not the same a human pain and but understood yet.
When you are the top of the food chain who cares about our dinners pain.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There have been studies that show fish have 21 pain receptors in the mouth area. They do feel pain. Not the same a human pain and but understood yet.
When you are the top of the food chain who cares about our dinners pain.
Do we really know that broccoli does not feel pain though ?:ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.