Loader valve, victor, dukes, now qcc

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
Loader valve, Victor, Sauer danfoss, Dukes, now QCC.

On my l185 the loader valve is leaking on the raise lower valve. So I slid the spool valve out to replace the o-rings on each end in the housing. Now my bucket never floated and now I know why. At the end of the valve there is a rod that screws into the valve with a spring, it has the cover that goes over it. On the cover there are 2 bolts that screw into it, the bolts have small ball bearing in them. One is shot the other is worn out. Now the shaft has a groove that the balls lock into to hold it in the float position. I have been looking for those parts, but have run into a dead end. Seems Victor was sold then Dukes took over the company then Sauer Dan Foss now QCC maybe not in that order but you get the point. So has anyone had luck finding parts for these? My valve is a victor or dukes dv23fats004. I have called many hydraulic shops around and if your not buying a new one they can't really be bothered.

Attachments

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A new valve will cost around $300 from various suppliers.

Or, you could get a couple of bolts with the same thread as your wasted ones, have a machine shop cut a divot on the end of them. Then get a couple of steel ball bearings and put it back together (after a serious cleanup).

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Heck!

Wire brush/ sand paper the **** out of the spindle, put in new balls, pack it with grease and keep it out of the weather.

See how it goes....

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
I wire wheeled the rod before I took the pic , its not in good shape. Unfortunately there is more to the balls than dropping in new ones, they are part of the bolt that goes in. Bolt had a hole drilled in the end,spring inserted then a ball then swedged in somehow. Making a new rod with a bolt will not work , if I still had my job at united technology I could make a new piece with no trouble, but I dont. And other suggestions are welcome.

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
Yea, I am leaning in that direction but you cant blame a guy for trying to fix the old one. So i put it back together with new o-rings, used a hook and chain to hold it in the float position for now. Looking at a single lever 2 spool valve with the float position.

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Well it's 2 years later.. and I've nursed the fel 2 spool valve long enough. Today the valve practically fell apart, so I have to bite the bullet and get a new one.
I'm thinking this would work, it is cheap and it's 11 gallons per minute.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202540318231
Having a loader valve too big will result in loss of fine control of your loader.
it is a case of better too small than too big in flow rating.

I cannot find the spec's of your particular tractor but others around the same model are:

Models L175-L225-L225DT
159. TESTING. Gear-type hydraulic
system pump is mounted on right side of
engine and gear driven from rear of injection
pump camshaft as shown in Fig.
135. Specified pump delivery is 14.06
L/min (3.7 gpm) at 2700 engine rpm

11 gpm is too big!!

Dave

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well it's 2 years later.. and I've nursed the fel 2 spool valve long enough. Today the valve practically fell apart, so I have to bite the bullet and get a new one.
I'm thinking this would work, it is cheap and it's 11 gallons per minute.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/202540318231
I know that price is appealing, but, sorry that valve has several issues, biggest being, no power beyond.

Here are a couple options:

https://www.surpluscenter.com/Brand...rince-MB21GB5C1-DA-Valve-w-Float-9-7862-F.axd

https://www.amazon.com/Hydraulic-Di...ocphy=9029659&hvtargid=pla-569958059403&psc=1

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If it doesn't come with the PB adapter you'll have to get that to make it work. ;)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
To be honest, I really don't know anything about the valves, other than they work. I can fix things no problem. So going to a joystick would really throw me off. So I'm just looking for a control valve that works. I read about the power beyond setup but that's if I put extra attachments on that need hydraulics.
The pump on my tractor says it's good for 5.3 gpm ,it's a aftermarket pump. So if I go with a 11gpm valve it's to big? The 8 gpm valve is still bigger than the pump can deliver. So what's the answer?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
To be honest, I really don't know anything about the valves, other than they work. I can fix things no problem. So going to a joystick would really throw me off. So I'm just looking for a control valve that works. I read about the power beyond setup but that's if I put extra attachments on that need hydraulics.
The pump on my tractor says it's good for 5.3 gpm ,it's a aftermarket pump. So if I go with a 11gpm valve it's to big? The 8 gpm valve is still bigger than the pump can deliver. So what's the answer?
There really isn't any difference in the valves from a 2 handle to a joystick, it's just the linkage that controls it is different.
The line hookups are the exact same.
A joystick valve you can control both movements at the same time.

You need PB because that is what feeds the three point, without PB your three point won't have any power to work.
That is unless I missed something and you have a seperate crank run pump with it's own fluid reservoir running the loader, then yes you could get a valve without PB but it needs to be an open center valve. ;)

Yes you'll be fine with a valve in the 5GPM to 15GPM, the lower the GPM the better for finer control.
You wouldn't want a 25GPM valve. :(

Last edited:

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
There really isn't any difference in the valves from a 2 handle to a joystick, it's just the linkage that controls it is different.
The line hookups are the exact same.
A joystick valve you can control both movements at the same time.

You need PB because that is what feeds the three point, without PB your three point won't have any power to work.
That is unless I missed something and you have a seperate crank run pump with it's own fluid reservoir running the loader, then yes you could get a valve without PB but it needs to be an open center valve. ;)

Yes you'll be fine with a valve in the 5GPM to 15GPM, the lower the GPM the better for finer control.
You wouldn't want a 25GPM valve. :(
Thank you, now I understand I did not know that the valve powered the 3 point hitch. So in reading about all the valves they all have a power beyond option. Some have a block off plug others don't so I need to decide which one will work best for my pocket.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The pump on my tractor says it's good for 5.3 gpm ,it's a aftermarket pump.
Is this pump incorporated into the main tractor hydraulics, or driven separately off the crank or PTO? Pictures might help if you are not sure. If it is independently mounted and not part of the original hydraulic system, then you probably don't need Power Beyond as the tractor's 3PH will be powered from the original system.

shooter56

Equipment
kubota L185 w/fel
Sep 25, 2015
CT.
Is this pump incorporated into the main tractor hydraulics, or driven separately off the crank or PTO? Pictures might help if you are not sure. If it is independently mounted and not part of the original hydraulic system, then you probably don't need Power Beyond as the tractor's 3PH will be powered from the original system.
Sorry I was not that clear about the pump. It is in the original spot on the engine.the paperwork that came with the pump stated 5.3 gpm at 2200 rpm. I bought it off of eBay a couple years ago when the original one was barely putting out any pressure, the fel would creep up.