Loader arms not in sync, difficult to re-attach loader

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
BX2380 with LA344 loader. Recently - last 2 times I've taken loader off, it's been very difficult to re-attach. When sitting on tractor, the right loader arm is "slower" than the left arm when operating the hydraulics to prepare for re-attaching the loader. When re-attaching the loader, the left arm will seat very easily and the quick release is easy to use and re-attach. However, the right arm will be 2-3" off and I'll have to keep adjusting the bucket and often inching the tractor to get it lined up for the loader arm to seat properly.

hydraulic level is full, no visible leaks (keep in parked in garage on concrete floor). It's still under factory warranty (purchased last year), if it's a simple fix, I'd rather go that route than scheduling time for dealer to come get it and repair it and then deliver it.

thanks in advance.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Is EVERYTHING on a level surface when being taken off and back on?

vanhanz

Equipment
Kubota L3301 HST, Hustler SD60, Kawasaki Mule 3010 Trans 4x4
Aug 1, 2018
GA
Exact same thing happened to me a few months ago on my L3301 with LA525 loader. It ended up being a bent cylinder rod on my bucket tilt. I had it taken care of under KTAC insurance at the Kubota dealer.

It could be other stuff like a stuck valve or a bent frame, but mine ended up being the bent cylider rod.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Is EVERYTHING on a level surface when being taken off and back on?
Yes, even if it wasn't, that's not the issue I'm trying to describe.
For example, when connecting just the hydraulic hose connection and activating the arms as if I'm trying to raise the loader, the arms move at different rates. The left one will reach full extension well before the right, same with lowering, the left is completed well before the right.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Exact same thing happened to me a few months ago on my L3301 with LA525 loader. It ended up being a bent cylinder rod on my bucket tilt. I had it taken care of under KTAC insurance at the Kubota dealer.

It could be other stuff like a stuck valve or a bent frame, but mine ended up being the bent cylider rod.
thanks for that experience. I may need to get it taken in for service after all.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The loader arm cylinders share the same lines it's just a matter that one side has less resistance than the other that's why they don't move in sync.
All you need to do is push the leading side and the other side will catch up.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
The loader arm cylinders share the same lines it's just a matter that one side has less resistance than the other that's why they don't move in sync.
All you need to do is push the leading side and the other side will catch up.
I'm not sure what you mean by "push". Are you saying add resistance while trying to move the left side? Or push to give "assistance " to the right (slow) side?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
When re-mounting my loader, I drive up an align the tractor with the frame. With the hydraulic lines attached, I pull back on the joystick as though I'm raising the loader. That brings the bottom part of the brackets toward the tractor. Generally, one side bumps the bracket on the tractor first, and that directs the fluid to the other side and it bumps. Don't let off the joystick after the first side hits.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you are lined up with the loader arms so they will fit into the top mounting plate of the bucket, simply pull the tractor forward slowly, as the first tractor plate touches the bucket the other plate will roll into place. Then raise the loader arms to get them in place on the bucket, then roll the bucket so the bottom pins are in place. Then pull the levers down.

Just different words describing what the previous two post explain.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
When you are lined up with the loader arms so they will fit into the top mounting plate of the bucket, simply pull the tractor forward slowly, as the first tractor plate touches the bucket the other plate will roll into place. Then raise the loader arms to get them in place on the bucket, then roll the bucket so the bottom pins are in place. Then pull the levers down.

Just different words describing what the previous two post explain.

If this procedure does not allow you to connect the tractor to the bucket you may have the loader arms out of time by hooking one side while the other side free or had weight in the bucket.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. The issue I'm describing is attaching the loader to the tractor, the bucket is always attached the the loader. I've never attached or removed the loader from the tractor while the bucket had anything in it - the bucket was always empty.

I need to take the loader off again, I'll try to get some pictures demonstrating the difference in the loader arms.

Thanks all

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Maybe I'm misunderstanding. The issue I'm describing is attaching the loader to the tractor, the bucket is always attached the the loader. I've never attached or removed the loader from the tractor while the bucket had anything in it - the bucket was always empty.

I need to take the loader off again, I'll try to get some pictures demonstrating the difference in the loader arms.

Thanks all
I think I described what you asked for in Post# 8. It's my procedure when I reinstall my loader (loader = frame, bucket together). D2 describes reattaching the bucket to the frame.