Let's See Some Garden Pictures

Fro65

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525, BH77, LP tiller, LP grader box, LP blade, BX2380
Dec 30, 2014
NorthEast Indiana
Anyone else winding down?

Spent today picking pumpkins and watermelon. 242 and 68 respectively. Been calling everyone I know to come get some. Odd year for us, the melons are huge and the pumpkins are small...opposite is usually true. Only thing remaining is cantaloupe because they got a late start.

Been canning and freezing beans and corn for the past three weeks...was getting tired of it but they will sure taste good when the snow is flying.

Looking forward to tilling the gardens for the first time with the new BX2380. Should be more maneuverable than the L and I'm hoping the wife will give it a try.

Attachments

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Yep most of the garden is done for the summer plantings. I followed my new taters with okra which I cut the first ones yesterday, should be plenty of those for the next month.

I planted 15 Black Krim maters and I should have some ripe ones by first of next week. the first round was great mostly German Johnson and Better Boys, been wanting to try some Black Krims. Grew them 10 or so years ago but not since. They are awesome big mater that has a smoky flavor to them and are black and red on the inside favoring a German Johnson.

After this storm blows by I'll subsoil and plant a cover crop of wheat and rape in the big garden.

The small garden and planter boxes will get Kale and lettuce.

Happy gardening friends.

Jay

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yep most of the garden is done for the summer plantings. I followed my new taters with okra which I cut the first ones yesterday, should be plenty of those for the next month.

I planted 15 Black Krim maters and I should have some ripe ones by first of next week. the first round was great mostly German Johnson and Better Boys, been wanting to try some Black Krims. Grew them 10 or so years ago but not since. They are awesome big mater that has a smoky flavor to them and are black and red on the inside favoring a German Johnson.

After this storm blows by I'll subsoil and plant a cover crop of wheat and rape in the big garden.

The small garden and planter boxes will get Kale and lettuce.

Happy gardening friends.

Jay
If there's a staple in my life it's meat and potato's. For as long as I can remember we always bought red or yellow spuds but for the last 5 or 6 years the spuds have been terrible, dried out and full of bad spots. Finally this year so far they haven't been near as bad and I hope it keeps up.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just pulled up the tomato and squash plants last week. Wife just got tired of gardening, they produced a bunch. One of the squash plants was 8 ft long. Only thing left is green pepper and it is staked up to 5 ft.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I have to say that while I did get some taters,, not one pepper, not one matter, not one zucchini, and forget the pumpkins. I dont know what garden gnome I up set this year but I sure did something wrong

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
The cucumber vines look rough, but it's still producing. Zucchini is still going strong. I have a few turnips and a couple of kohlrabi left with one bell pepper. I just planted radishes, but I think that I was too late unless we get a late frost.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Thought I would bring this thread back from the depths.

Disked garden yesterday, next weekend we will plant ours.

Sweet corn
Peas
Squash
Maters
Flat green beans (Italian)
First round of sun flowers
Beets
Cukes
Asparagus coming up now
Taters over wintered some and planted new ones about month ago.

What you planting or getting ready to plant?

Jay

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Rain and snow here inthe coal country,, so not for another 3 or 4 weeks

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I took out the packet of pea seeds and looked at the minimum soil temperature for germination on the back, and put it back. Snow possible tonight, but warmer by Sunday.

michigander

Equipment
B2601
May 29, 2018
Northern Michigan
I took out the packet of pea seeds and looked at the minimum soil temperature for germination on the back, and put it back. Snow possible tonight, but warmer by Sunday.
We had snow flurry's yesterday afternoon when I was out getting carry all out of shed.

winter wheat is looking green here for the deer.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
UPS delivered my garden seed today. 15 lbs of sweetcorn seed. Together with about 2 lbs left over from last year it should be just about right. Now will have to drag the planter out of the woods and get it ready for the big day in May. :)
Sweetcorn Seed (2).jpg

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Best garden I have had in years, few pests, great yields, enough ran, not too hot been great year so far.

Flat beans - canned (5) 5-gallon buckets- plan to pull the plants this weekend for final pick, this way we can lay them on the table instead of bending over. Toss them back in and disk in

Squash - bumper crop and planted another 60' row of them to have later

Corn - first pulling this weekend have 5 60' rows

Peppers - plenty

Beets - pickled 21 pints and replanted 2 60' rows

Taters - digging this weekend been digging under hills for weeks getting some to eat

Water melons - doing well got a lot about 4 to 6 inches long

Peas - blooming nicely still few weeks away

Black berries - not sure how many pints of jelly maybe a dozen

Figs - still green but should be turning soon

Maters - have 84 plants and the yare out of control, common to have 16oz to 20oz Better Boys and German Johnsons, Roma's plentiful as well.

Okra - first cutting this week have 2 60' rows of them

How are your gardens looking, been blessed with nice harvest so far. Got some rain coming in today so that should keep it producing well.

Good day!

Jay

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well CM tell ya what Im gona do,,I am going to gather up all the wabbits, whistle pigs, ground squirrels, and all the other furry fuzzy critters and send them down for you to play with :) No point in me having all the fun

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
Tomatos are about a week away. Broccoli is producing. Some cabbages and beets are ready. Mowed and rototilled lettuce and spinach beds up. Too many weeds in kale beds, so will do over.

Attachments

tlefire

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100, L2350, L2501
May 18, 2017
talladega alabama
Just got through putting up 189 ears of sweet corn. More to pull later. 2 bushels of Kentucky wonder beans canned. 15 pints of hot dill pickles. Waiting on the butter peas and tomatoes. Last count had 67 cantaloupe in various stages. Plenty of hot peppers, bell peppers, and onions. Life is good.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
So far so good, way behind you guys though. We were still having frosts in late May early June, and I don’t move so fast these days. First planting of corn looks great and broccoli under a row cover is just thinking about heading. We’ll see if the flea beetles and potato beetles win or not. Trying food grade diatomaceous earth dust on eggplant and potatoes.

749A0A9C-7B7D-4086-8D42-0B16D3E7567F.jpeg

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
This year our sweet corn patch was "waist high by the 4th of July". Barring any major windstorms and hopefully with a few more timely rains there will be tons of corn to get rid of again. This is year 20 of raising sweet corn and time for a long overdue rotation! No, not the crop.......the grower!! It's getting to be too much for me to do all the planting/picking/hauling now that our boys are long out of the picture. :LOL:
Sweetcorn 2021.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Ps I’d like some lettuce for my dinner but I’d need a transfusion if I went out there. We had sort of a drought and then about 3 weeks of rain. Every species of mosquito we have up here has just come out. I was at the elevator to pick up some feed and the gal said she’d sold 56 bottles of bug spray and nearly every phone call was asking for some kind or other.