L4701 I am an idiot how screwed am I ?

Jday

Equipment
Kubota l4701
Jan 4, 2022
Texas
Moral of the story have someone checkout your tractor that is qualified before buying! That and but a Kabota!

Reactions: 2 users

Quick

Equipment
B2601, LA435, BH70, LP SGC0554 Grapple, LP RB1672 Rear Blade, King Kutter 60" BB
Sep 23, 2021
St. Clair, MO.
So update!!!! Just heard from Navasota WC dealership. Kabota is going to cover it under the Warranty! Praise the lord!! Thanks for all the help everyone. If you need a great dealership see Frank!! Beyond happy and blessed! They have earned a customer for life! Have a great weekend everyone!
I've been following your adventure and am very relieved to hear this! Good on you, "Kabota!" (-;

Would still like to hear cause though, if you can find that out.

Congrats, man! <WHEW!>

Reactions: 1 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I've been following your adventure and am very relieved to hear this! Good on you, "Kabota!" (-;

Would still like to hear cause though, if you can find that out.

Congrats, man! <WHEW!>
This is very good news of course but as you say, it would be interesting to know what the issue was. The dealership should provide an invoice showing all the work performed since they'll be billing Kubota and hopefully we'll get to see it.

Reactions: 2 users

Jday

Equipment
Kubota l4701
Jan 4, 2022
Texas
Moral of the story have someone checkout your tractor that is qualified before buying! That and but a Kabota!
Kubota stupid spell thing on phone sorry! I will let ya know if I find out.

Reactions: 1 user

Jday

Equipment
Kubota l4701
Jan 4, 2022
Texas
Absolutely I just know right now waiting on new engine.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
So update!!!! Just heard from Navasota WC dealership. Kabota is going to cover it under the Warranty! Praise the lord!! Thanks for all the help everyone. If you need a great dealership see Frank!! Beyond happy and blessed! They have earned a customer for life! Have a great weekend everyone!
Great news! Happy for you!

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
That is great news. Congratulations on your new engine.
(unforuntaly its on a ship off Cally waiting to be unloaded) patentices

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Also called original owner he answered the phone and was very happy. If he was ripping me off no way he answers phone. Long live Kabota!
Kubota

Nicksacco

Equipment
Kubota L35 TLB
Sep 15, 2021
Bahama, NC
Outstanding!
Like the others who mentioned it, I too am curious as to what the heck happened to the engine and why.
Good for YOU!

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
Outstanding!
Like the others who mentioned it, I too am curious as to what the heck happened to the engine and why.
Good for YOU!
👍 I am pleasantly surprised.

I would expect Kubota to be interested in finding the root cause so they may have the dealer send them the bad engine for tear down and inspection. If you hear anything back about what happened please let us know.

Jday

Equipment
Kubota l4701
Jan 4, 2022
Texas
I will let everyone know what happens I want to know also!

Jday

Equipment
Kubota l4701
Jan 4, 2022
Texas
Wanted to update everyone. New engine is running like a champ! The guys at Navasota Kubota were great to work with. I even added a third function and bought a Grappler. Love the grappler well worth it. Learning something new every time I am running the tractor. 4 wheel drive is a must on most applications. I would never own a tractor without it. They never said what happened with the motor but I am going to check to see if they have heard anything. Now to figure out what other attachments I want to buy!!

Reactions: 9 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Wanted to update everyone. New engine is running like a champ! The guys at Navasota Kubota were great to work with. I even added a third function and bought a Grappler. Love the grappler well worth it. Learning something new every time I am running the tractor. 4 wheel drive is a must on most applications. I would never own a tractor without it. They never said what happened with the motor but I am going to check to see if they have heard anything. Now to figure out what other attachments I want to buy!!
Glad in the end it worked out for you!

Thanks for the update!

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Good to hear all went well. Have fun with the grapple.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
sometimes a dealer will actually do things that they aren't really supposed to, in order to salvage a customer.

I saw it many many times. SM would often tell flat lies to get things done, which I don't agree with. But that's why I wasn't the SM either.

This might be one of those cases.

Either way, I'm glad you're up and running again!