L3560 LE Capabilities and Pricing

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
I have been reading through the forums for about 6 months, but I am getting close to finally purchasing a tractor and was looking for some feedback from the forum members.

I am in the process of purchasing 40 acres in northern Michigan and I am planning to purchase an L3560 LE to help maintain it. The entire property is wooded. I plan to use the tractor for the following tasks:

• Building and maintaining a driveway and a short section of the road
  • Plowing snow
  • clearing brush and trees throughout the property.
  • Clearing and grading the ground that I plan to build a barn and house on.
  • I'm sure I will come up with many other tasks to use it for as well.

I have read many posts from people with very large tractors on small properties and posts from people with small tractors on large properties. Will the L3560 be enough tractor in the long run? I don't plan to do any mowing with the tractor and I don't want to go too big since I will be taking it into tyhe woods from time to time. I just wanted to get other peoples opinion.

The second question is about the tires. In addition to plowing, I will be working in some very soft and muddy areas in the woods. I really don't want to get the tractor stuck. I was planning to purchace R1 Agr. tires for their better traction. I don't have a lawn to worry about. The dealer keeps telling me this is a mistake and the R4 tires will be better in the snow because they are wider.

Lastly, I feel like he is giving me a fair price, but I wanted to see what others thought. I am looking at the following options:

• L3560 HSTC-LE
  • Industrial Tires (that's how he quoted it)
  • LA805 Front End Loader with grill guard, quick coupler and 72" quick attach bucket
  • 3rd function valve kit

The total price he quoted me for everything listed is $31,150 before tax (plus zero percent financing). Does this seem like a good deal? I thought it was reasonable, but I had read where some people said you should be able to get it for under $30K.

Thanks again to everyone on the forum for the great info. I am looking forward to getting a tractor.

Nick

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The second question is about the tires. In addition to plowing, I will be working in some very soft and muddy areas in the woods. I really don't want to get the tractor stuck. I was planning to purchace R1 Agr. tires for their better traction. I don't have a lawn to worry about. The dealer keeps telling me this is a mistake and the R4 tires will be better in the snow because they are wider.
R1's aren't really the best for woods work because they have soft side walls and soft tread.

R4's with logging chains, excellent for work in the woods and soft dirt ground, also the only way R4's are good in snow.

Last edited:

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
Thanks, where can I find a set of chains? Can I buy them online, or do I have to get them from a dealer?

Sent from my SM-T720 using Tapatalk

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA

Attachments

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We have an 80 acre farm. 60 acres is shared crop out and we are working on maintaining the rest. The farm has continuously been farmed, but the maintenance of the grounds basically stopped in 2003. So starting last year, when dad officially inherited the farm (plus, my mom had passed and my grandma which both required around the clock care that my dad had been providing), we started working on clearing the farm. If you have the money, get the grapple sooner than later. I have been amazed at how much we have used the grapple.

Here are some pictures of the L3560 being put to work.

Attachments

Reactions: 3 users

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Hello fellow Michigander (I live in Oceana county). I have the L3560HSTC, and use it for much of what you have it planned for.

Tires - R4's are better than R1's in snow. But since you are planning on plowing with it, then I agree you will need chains. I blow snow so less if an issue.

Cab vs Woods - Many say you shouldn't have a cab in the woods. I disagree... it has not been a big issue for me. The only real problem has been the mirrors, but the LE version does not have mirrors. So you should good, and you will be real happy in the winter (although a close second to the benefits is the A/C in the summers and not getting chewed up by mosquitos and black flies).

Grapple - I agree with Bmyer. If you are clearing brush and trees, then get a grapple. It was a game changer. I got the Land Pride SGC1060. It works great to get under roots and pull up brush or pry out small trees. And you can add it to the package at the dealer. I tried with the bucket, but the grapple is way more efficient and easier on the tractor.

Box Blade - Box blade may be a good idea for what you want to do. It is good rear ballast, doesn't extend out back to far, good for moving dirt, and works good for pulling snow away from builds or other areas that are tough to get close to (you have a lot better view of the box blade edge that you do a plow on the FLE). A land plan is better for smoothing out drives or building pads, but the box blade may be more virsital including snow removal. Depends on what your plans are.

Price - The price they gave you seems pretty reasonable. I think you did good.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I've been very happy with my L3560. I used my pallet forks a lot to lift heavy things, move lots of things around and as a remote workbench! You might consider them. Your price seems good.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks, where can I find a set of chains? Can I buy them online, or do I have to get them from a dealer?

You can buy the chains online for normally much cheaper than a dealer, but it never hurts to ask what their price is, and compare! ;)

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
We have an 80 acre farm. 60 acres is shared crop out and we are working on maintaining the rest. The farm has continuously been farmed, but the maintenance of the grounds basically stopped in 2003. So starting last year, when dad officially inherited the farm (plus, my mom had passed and my grandma which both required around the clock care that my dad had been providing), we started working on clearing the farm. If you have the money, get the grapple sooner than later. I have been amazed at how much we have used the grapple.

Here are some pictures of the L3560 being put to work.

I was looking at the EA Grapple. I will likely wait until I pick up the tractor and then purchase a couple of attachments. I have been considering the following (not necessarily all at once):

• Grapple
  • Chipper
  • Box Scraper / Land Rake
  • Pallet Forks

By the time I get the tractor, it will be late in the season, so I likely won't buy any snow removal equipment until next year.

ngiovas

Equipment
L3560 LE
Oct 29, 2019
Clarkston, MI
Hello fellow Michigander (I live in Oceana county). I have the L3560HSTC, and use it for much of what you have it planned for.
I live in Clarkston on the SE side of the state, but the property is in Kalkaska. Not too far from you. We love the West side of the state.

I am really sold on the cab. Hot, cold and bugs are all good reasons :). I'm a little nervous about the woods, but I will likely be very careful.

As far as the price, I thought it was fair, but who doesn't want cheaper? I may ask the dealer if he will throw in a workshop manual or some filters.

One other thing I have thought about is Top and Tilt kit, possibly with a third valve. I can't decide if I should spend the money up front.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I have the EA 55" Wicked Root Grapple and have been very pleased with it. I have the 72" box blade from Bush Hog (SBX72) because the local dealer had a sale going on with them and couldn't pass up the price.

Been pleased with both of them. We have a gas chipper that we can pull around and that doesn't tie up the tractor.

I to have a set of pallet forks on the list to purchase in the future.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I have been reading through the forums for about 6 months, but I am getting close to finally purchasing a tractor and was looking for some feedback from the forum members.

I am in the process of purchasing 40 acres in northern Michigan and I am planning to purchase an L3560 LE to help maintain it. The entire property is wooded. I plan to use the tractor for the following tasks:

• Building and maintaining a driveway and a short section of the road
  • Plowing snow
  • clearing brush and trees throughout the property.
  • Clearing and grading the ground that I plan to build a barn and house on.
  • I'm sure I will come up with many other tasks to use it for as well.

I have read many posts from people with very large tractors on small properties and posts from people with small tractors on large properties. Will the L3560 be enough tractor in the long run? I don't plan to do any mowing with the tractor and I don't want to go too big since I will be taking it into tyhe woods from time to time. I just wanted to get other peoples opinion.

Lastly, I feel like he is giving me a fair price, but I wanted to see what others thought. I am looking at the following options:

• L3560 HSTC-LE
  • Industrial Tires (that's how he quoted it)
  • LA805 Front End Loader with grill guard, quick coupler and 72" quick attach bucket
  • 3rd function valve kit

The total price he quoted me for everything listed is $31,150 before tax (plus zero percent financing). Does this seem like a good deal? I thought it was reasonable, but I had read where some people said you should be able to get it for under $30K.

Thanks again to everyone on the forum for the great info. I am looking forward to getting a tractor.

Nick
Only you can answer your first question.

I would get R-14T tires if they are yet available in the size needed. Of all of the commonly available tractor tires, R-4s are the worst in snow (without chains) but none are very good. Sounds like your dealer knows little or nothing about tractor tires.

Can't help with pricing.

SDT

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN

Tirechains.com or North States through your dealer (they do not sell retail).

When I bought my B3350 in 2018, I found that the North States option was less expensive than tirechains.com but only because I had my dealer wait until they were buying some wheel weights from NS such that the total shipping weights including my chains exceeded 1,000 Lbs. NS ships orders without charge if the total shipping weight is 1,000 Lbs. or more.

SDT

Last edited:

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I live in Clarkston on the SE side of the state, but the property is in Kalkaska. Not too far from you. We love the West side of the state.

I am really sold on the cab. Hot, cold and bugs are all good reasons :). I'm a little nervous about the woods, but I will likely be very careful.

As far as the price, I thought it was fair, but who doesn't want cheaper? I may ask the dealer if he will throw in a workshop manual or some filters.

One other thing I have thought about is Top and Tilt kit, possibly with a third valve. I can't decide if I should spend the money up front.
Ask for first service. Most do.

I always insist upon a FULL set of filters when buying a new tractor but not first service because I prefer to do my own (non warranty) maintenance.

Your dealer should give you a PDF of the WSM. I have copies for all of my Kubotas, even the 1994 B1750.

SDT

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Though I've never commented on this thread, I too own property in northern Michigan and I've had my M9 up there before. I would not get a cab tractor to fiddle around in the woods with. I take my open station M9 up there. Way too many branches and stuff to damage a cab tractor.

Your call but be apprised that it's very easy to damage a cab and very expensive to fix as well.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
That's a nice tractor you're getting and I think it'll be plenty large enough. I don't know if resale is important to you but given where you are I'd imagine you'll get much of the money that you spend on a cab back come trade time.

If I were out doing field work all day in mid-west sun and heat, or southern heat and humidity, and or spent a lot of my tractor time blowing snow I would go for a cab. But I don't, and for working in the woods and just the ease of getting on and off it's hard to beat an open tractor... think of it as your convertible. :D
Then again I don't have to deal with excessive heat or cold, nor thankfully any bugs here. How about that for cab waffling advice! :)

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Anyone every put bars on the corners of the cab to prevent the worst of the damage?

I always figure that anything that hits and damages your cab would have otherwise hit and damaged your face. But I suspect when you're in a cab you're a bit less careful, since it won't be your face that gets damaged.