L3560 heat

macminn18

Equipment
L3560
Jun 4, 2020
Land of 10,000 Lakes
Newbie tractor owner in MN. As of right now, I'm only using the tractor on weekends. This weekend was in the mid 20's temp wise. I started it up, let it run for 15 minutes before using it. I used it for a good half hour, and the heater only blew cool air, hardly any warmth at all. Wondering if something is wrong or are my expectations too high? I guess I was hoping the heater would throw out heat in the cold weather.

conropl

Equipment
L3560 HSDC
Oct 17, 2016
West Michigan
Something is wrong. With my L3560 I take off my coat and I can't leave it on high without cooking myself (and that has been in a lot colder weather than you are talking about).

Reactions: 1 users

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I had that problem when I first got mine, there has been a couple of others here that have had that problem. When the tractor was assembled, the heater hose was crushed and needs to be replaced. I complained to my dealer and it was covered under warranty.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
MY L3560 will cook me out. After about 15 minutes, coat comes off and most of the time I adjust the temp down. The coldest I have had mine operating is in the 30s, but I would say, like the others have pointed out, you have an issue.

lacers123

Equipment
Kubota l2501
Nov 22, 2020
Turkey
There is definitely a problem. I think there was a part in the heater that automatically turned on and off. This part may be defective.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
This is an aside comment, I have a 3560 but no cab. It doesn't take 15 minutes to warm up to operating temp at 20 degrees, and the downside to idling it for 15 min is that your dpf filter will require a regen sooner. I would recommend that you leave the panel screen on the dpf monitor so you know what it is doing. It would be bad if you left it idling and it asked to do a regen and you weren't around to up the rpm. It needs both a critical temperature in the exhaust gases and rpm to start a regen. If my monitor says dpf filter is 99% full, I sometimes antagonize it into starting a regen before I put it away by idling it. That way it is already warm and I don't have to worry about it clicking over the next day when it is cold. Takes 10 min max and once started find something else to do that can be done at normal rpm.

Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
This is an aside comment, I have a 3560 but no cab. It doesn't take 15 minutes to warm up to operating temp at 20 degrees, and the downside to idling it for 15 min is that your dpf filter will require a regen sooner. I would recommend that you leave the panel screen on the dpf monitor so you know what it is doing. It would be bad if you left it idling and it asked to do a regen and you weren't around to up the rpm. It needs both a critical temperature in the exhaust gases and rpm to start a regen. If my monitor says dpf filter is 99% full, I sometimes antagonize it into starting a regen before I put it away by idling it. That way it is already warm and I don't have to worry about it clicking over the next day when it is cold. Takes 10 min max and once started find something else to do that can be done at normal rpm.
Good advice!! The first place to start would be to check your coolant level and make sure it's topped off. You also may have air in the system, maybe a collapsed hose or a bad thermostat that is stuck open. Start with the easiest first but whatever the problem is you should have no shortage of hot air.

Proflyer

Equipment
L3560 LE
Jan 29, 2021
Elizabeth, CO
Had the same issue. Some hose was twisted or crushed to the heater core I guess. Mine will cook me out now. I plowed snow at 2° the other day in shorts and flip flops to get a laugh out of my wife (and my old man who highly suggested I get a cab).

Reactions: 1 users

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Had the same issue. Some hose was twisted or crushed to the heater core I guess. Mine will cook me out now. I plowed snow at 2° the other day in shorts and flip flops to get a laugh out of my wife (and my old man who highly suggested I get a cab).
Sometimes I have to open my side windows to let the heat out, or turn off the heat for periods of time since the hoses were replaced. It seems the assemblers of these tractors love to crush or fold the heater hoses.

Last edited: