L35

clark_bailey

Equipment
Kubota L3710, L3600 and Bobcat T190
Mar 19, 2010
West Alabama
New to me L35, leaking hydraulic line on the hoe, goes under the boom lower pin. it's the upper far right line on the top if looking and seated on the seat. any advise on what this line controls before i dig into it to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Only you can look and see which valve the line is coming from or which cylinder it running to, it's a lot easier for you to look than us to guess! There are only usually 3 cylinders on a hoe boom to pick from. Lay the boom out flat, shut machine down operate all levers to reduce any pressure build up, slowly undo/bleed line in case there is any stored pressure. Pull it and get a new one made to length. Fit new hose.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Go thru the functions of each cylinder both ways. One of them should make the fluid squirt then you'll know which one it goes to.

clark_bailey

Equipment
Kubota L3710, L3600 and Bobcat T190
Mar 19, 2010
West Alabama
it's leaking under the big cover that all the lines run in so i can only guess the one i think it is based on the amount pouring out when pulling on the bucket stick but i was going to fast between movements before going to work to guess or determine which exactly was the culprit. i was gonna try to buy one on the way home if i could find out which one from work and get a length. But... i'm home now so ill just tear it down and make another trek to town for the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
In buying a replacement hose you'll be glad you brought the old one with you. A hose that's not quite the right length is trouble. Even an inch too long and it will stick out somewhere and get hit by something. Too short will fail early too. With the small differences in crimp fittings having the old assembly there to duplicate is the best way to go.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The boom cylinder is up inside the hoe boom. That one makes me mad every time I have to do one as the cylinder has to be removed in order to get the hoses off. It's not impossible by any feat, but why didn't Kubota design it so the cylinder is external? I guess I'm spoiled with some of the older Ford and New Hollands where they were all external.

On the hoses, you will need to remove the leaky hose once you find it (which might require cutting the sheath off) and having the exact hose made. Not in inch long or short, and not 1/4" larger outside diameter either since the hoses barely fit as they are. I have run into this often with local hose suppliers, especially with the small stuff. They wanna build you a hose that is slightly larger in OD and then you get it home to find out it don't fit. The hose sheath is going to be full of oil anyway and trust me, you'll want to just replace it rather than screw around with it being oily. They're not that expensive. I have had people request to just wash it out to save money but then they have to also understand that time=money, and the time it takes to wash and at least partially dry it costs more than just replacing it...