L3300 pto problem

vic gerbasi

Equipment
M110 L3300
Feb 19, 2016
dugald mb canada
when very cold weather my pto will not engage if i push the snow with the bucket for about 10 minutes I then usually can engage the pto just in time to use the rear mount snowblower on my neighbours property very annoying

I have the thinnest hydraulic synthetic fluid available in the L3300

Help id like to use the blower on my property as well as my friends

Thanks

Vic

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Vic,

what OIL are you using in the hydraulics? ANY chance you have water in the system????
Read somewhere that you guys have a hard time getting S-UDT2? If you can get that - use it - may cost an arm and a leg to buy for that large machine.
Also - I would allow a longer warm up time when you start her up, fire it up, mid idle and then get a cup of coffee or three and then see if there is any difference. Sounds like you have a viscosity problem or water freezing.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It could be as simple as the PTO clutch cable is out of adjustment, not allowing the valve to open and engage the PTO properly.

Another option would be a maladjusted regulator valve on the pump not allowing the valve or the clutch pack to get enough pressure to operate it properly.

I'll send you a link to a download of the WSM, should give you all the check and adjustment points to the PTO control. ;)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Sudt2 is available, just an hour drive away. The low temps we have been having doesent help much.
The kubota i ran at my last job was grumpy til it warmed up some, i put in the sudt last time it was serviced. Likely that will be the last service it ever sees.

Oil thats cold is slow to flow, add a little moisture and its like molasses on a winters day.
a ten minute warm up is nothing compared to an excavator sitting in the bush on a -20 morning. It takes quite some time to get the blood flowing in such cold weather.