L3200DT Buying Advice

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
Hi,

Newbie here. Looking at a 2010 L3200DT (geared) with LA524 loader, 611 hours. Appears very clean, starts, runs, does all it should do as far as I can tell. I'm needing this to move a lot of creek gravel as my current ride (2WD '57 Ford 860 with a pond scoop) might take longer that I have left on this Earth. Built a new shop last year and want to gravel all around it and touch up some road washout. After that I'm sure it will make itself useful for other tasks. Grandpa's old Ford tried its best to get stuck down in the creek bed so I was looking at 4WD (MFWD).

We're currently at $12,000 with "free" delivery. Seems OK based on local (SW Missouri) pricing I've been watching. The only better deal I saw lasted a day and was a couple hundred miles away.

Is this a good tractor/loader for the immediate task at hand? Is that price somewhere in the ballpark?

Hopefully I'll be a Kubota owner soon. This seems like a great place to hang out. Thanks in advance for any advice y'all can offer.

Bob in Booger County

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Good tractor, no negatives.

Excellent price, most are going for 15 K to 16 K

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
One thing to always keep in mind when buying a use piece of equipment and that is, it will be rare to have it 100% turn key.. Even new can have issues but new equals a warranty, used don't, so expect to 'invest' some bucks in it no matter what.

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
One thing to always keep in mind when buying a use piece of equipment and that is, it will be rare to have it 100% turn key.. Even new can have issues but new equals a warranty, used don't, so expect to 'invest' some bucks in it no matter what.
Duly noted -- thanks SidecarFlip. I'm already trying to figure out what it would take to change the loader to a skid steer type attachment, add a 3rd function valve and get a grapple to clean up the dozens of trees piled up from the Great Hungry Creek Flood of 2017. Sounds like an adapter kit, a little welding, a 3rd function valve kit and the grappler itself. Is it best to stay in the Land Pride / Kubota family or does that really matter?

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have the same tractor and am very happy with it. Price sounds good, I wouldn’t sell mine for that! As far as the SSQA mount, I don’t know if the mount for the current LA525 loader is the same as the 524, but if so it should be readily available at the dealer. Mine is a later L3200 and it has the 525 loader.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The thing that caught my attention is you want to move a lot of creek gravel, and the tractor is geared. It'll get the job done, but an HST would be MUCH better, meaning easier to go forward and reverse, therefore quicker and less strain.

Don't let distance be a big factor in purchasing what you want/need.

If your budget was a bit higher I'd sure look at this machine. Listed at 18,750, one owner, 218 hrs. He just wants a skid steer. Near Wichita, Ks. Saw it facebook marketplace.

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
I have the same tractor and am very happy with it. Price sounds good, I wouldn’t sell mine for that! As far as the SSQA mount, I don’t know if the mount for the current LA525 loader is the same as the 524, but if so it should be readily available at the dealer. Mine is a later L3200 and it has the 525 loader.
Thanks Fordtech86. I’ll check with the local dealership.

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
The thing that caught my attention is you want to move a lot of creek gravel, and the tractor is geared. It'll get the job done, but an HST would be MUCH better, meaning easier to go forward and reverse, therefore quicker and less strain.

Don't let distance be a big factor in purchasing what you want/need.

If your budget was a bit higher I'd sure look at this machine. Listed at 18,750, one owner, 218 hrs. He just wants a skid steer. Near Wichita, Ks. Saw it facebook marketplace.
Thanks for the lead D2Cat!

Tempting, but my budget has crept up as it is. Each little bump seems like a possibility, but where would it end? With me having a new one delivered most likely. ;)

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Nice machine Bob. Now get down in that creek and get some rock.

I do the same thing. It's nice washed, smooth rock. I have a hay wagon frame with a steel flat bed with stake pockets and hyd. cyl dump. I put 2x6 sides and front on it and load it with one tractor and deliver it to the needed area with the other.

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
Nice machine Bob. Now get down in that creek and get some rock.

I do the same thing. It's nice washed, smooth rock. I have a hay wagon frame with a steel flat bed with stake pockets and hyd. cyl dump. I put 2x6 sides and front on it and load it with one tractor and deliver it to the needed area with the other.
Good idea! I've been eyeballing this ... 1953 Studebaker 1-Ton dump.

1953_Studebaker_1_Ton.jpg

SouthernSky

Equipment
L3200 & L2650, 5' Modern cutter, 5' boxblade, LP FDR1672 mower
Sep 15, 2017
Deville, LA
Good tractor, no negatives.

Excellent price, most are going for 15 K to 16 K

I have a L3200DT with a finishing mower I bought three years ago and paid 10,000. The guy I bought it from had over 20 people come look at but without a front loader everyone passed.

I didn’t need a loader because my old L2650DT had one if I needed it. (PTO broke and I don’t have the time or interest to get it spinning again under a load). About a year later I added an Ansung loader identical to the LA524/5 for $4000 because it was 2k cheaper than Kubota brand. It turns out I missed the weight on the front and didn’t want to do ballast blocks. The only accessory I’ve added was a right side grab handle.

I’ve got just over 200 hours now on it. I’ve replaced the speedo cable twice, and found lots of trash in my fuel line and filter. Nothing major so far. One thing I don’t like is running a bush hog and backing up to a ditch edge or small bushes. It seems like it took a lot less clutch work on the L2650DT. Overall, I like the L3200DT except for the PTO slowdown backing up.

[I was going to sell my old tractor to help pay for the new front end loader, but getting older I really hate changing implements so I now have a box blade permanently attached since the rear PTO doesn’t work anyway. ]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BobHufford

Equipment
2013 Kubota L3200DT
Mar 6, 2020
Cabool, MO, USA
I have a L3200DT with a finishing mower I bought three years ago and paid 10,000. The guy I bought it from had over 20 people come look at but without a front loader everyone passed.

I didn’t need a loader because my old L2650DT had one if I needed it. (PTO broke and I don’t have the time or interest to get it spinning again under a load). About a year later I added an Ansung loader identical to the LA524/5 for $4000 because it was 2k cheaper than Kubota brand. It turns out I missed the weight on the front and didn’t want to do ballast blocks. The only accessory I’ve added was a right side grab handle.

I’ve got just over 200 hours now on it. I’ve replaced the speedo cable twice, and found lots of trash in my fuel line and filter. Nothing major so far. One thing I don’t like is running a bush hog and backing up to a ditch edge or small bushes. It seems like it took a lot less clutch work on the L2650DT. Overall, I like the L3200DT except for the PTO slowdown backing up.

[I was going to sell my old tractor to help pay for the new front end loader, but getting older I really hate changing implements so I now have a box blade permanently attached since the rear PTO doesn’t work anyway. ]
Thanks for the info SouthernSky. I'll keep an eye on the fuel. Not sure if I have an immediate need for the PTO as I'm keep the old Ford and still enjoy running it around in ever smaller circles with the mower / brush-hog. I'll probably put the pond scoop on the Kubota and grab a little gravel at both ends (and the weight in the back won't hurt).

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Good idea! I've been eyeballing this ... 1953 Studebaker 1-Ton dump.

View attachment 47645
My dad who knew from experience said, "They ruined Studebakers when they took the tongue off of them."

For those that are not old enough to know this Studebaker started out as a manufacturer of horse drawn equipment.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You probably ain’t far from me. If you need any help send me a PM :D