L275 Loader and 3 pt lift not working correctly

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
I have L275 with 1800 hrs and NEVER had any work done to it. Front end loader VERY slow tonight and 3 point lift also not lifting a 5 ft disc harrow. Changed transmission fluid approx 50 hrs ago and fluid level is fine. From researching this site, I dont think it has a hydraulic filter but not sure. Everything else works great and I love the tractor but I need to get lifts working before spring. It there anything that could be clogged that I can repair? NONE of the loader or 3pt lift cylinders are leaking. Any ideas?? Thanks :)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Not familiar with your model, but I've yet to see a hydraulic system that does not have a filter/strainer. I'm sure someone who knows your machine will jump in here.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The L275 does have a spin on canister style hydraulic filter. It looks like an oil filter. Its under the hood on the right side of the engine.

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
you're right I forgot there is a screw on filterand I have changed the filter. I don't think there's a screen or anything else that could get clogged. Any other ideas? Thanks

MikeL

Equipment
L185F L245DT L1200 L1700 L235 L4530B
Aug 29, 2012
Falls, PA
lbelrod, if you have had the tractor that long and never changed the filter, don't worry about the brand of oil. CHANGE THE FILTER. The attached picture shows what it will look like located upside down above the hydraulic pump.

Attachments

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
As I stated earlier, I changed the hydraulic oil filter when I changed the hydraulic oil ( 40 hrs ago). I used Kubota hydraulic oil. Problem did not start immediately after hydrailuc oil change and oil level is fine. I know that ( on some L models) there is a hydraulic screen but I dont think the L 275 has a screen that can clog.

Both front end load and 3 pt lift hydraulic VERY slow so it has to do with the hydraulic SYSTYEM and not one or the other./ Any reliief valves, etc that I can check or replace before I have to haul to the dealer for possible hydraulic pump replacement ( this is my only guess for what may be the problem )??? Thanks...

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I know you said it had 1800 hrs with no work done to it. What kind of service has been done prior to the service you just did? Was this the first time you ever serviced the hyd system?

Then again the oil change could be throwing all of us off. Does you tractor have the short rubber hose in the suction line going to the hyd pump. If so have you looked at it to see if it has a crack and letting the pump suck air.

Apogee

Equipment
B6100, B7100, B8200, B9200, G4200, L175, L35
Jan 22, 2012
Tacoma, WA
I'd guess an air leak also. Is the system whining?

You didn't mention if it has power steering. If it does, there is a relief valve in the flow priority valve. Under Integral Power Steering, Drawing 116000 #017 on the Kubota parts site.

Good luck,

Steve

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
OK I went back tonight and all is fine,.. Why would hydraulic lifts quit and after sitting overnight, all is fine... It has done this before... It has the Kubota hydraulic oil.. Any ideas???

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'm thinking at this point drain and flush the hydraulic system to get all the trash out of it. Then check for air in the system and bleed the air out.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It really does sound like air in the system now. Maybe for some reason it had some trapped in the system somewhere and it worked it's way out.

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
Thanks for all the advice -- working fine now but this has happened before -- Is there any way to bleed the hydraulic system following a fluid change -- again I have a front end loader and 3pt hitch ( obviously) and a field of mine told me that these system,s are "self bleeding ". Is a vent hole necessary in plastic fill cap in order for the system to "fart" as some of you indicate.

My hydraulics only seem to get slow ( basicallty stop working) when I am working it hard for a while which is why I thought there might be a relief valve somewhene that has a bad setting or responds incorrecgtly when it gets hot or at high pressure ... Starts working again after I let it sit overnight.. Thanks again ..

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
When you did the hydraulic change did you flush the system with a cheap fluid to get all the old gunk and crap out of there? I'm wondering if you have some left over residue from the old hydraulic fluid and could be enough to thin down the fresh fluid when it warms up.