L 245 crankshaft

bigdpontiac

Equipment
l245dt
Feb 18, 2010
woodstock,ohio,united states
Hi everyone, I found another l245 and it has a spun rod bearing.(according to the seller)This might sound odd but I'm considering buying it. Are crankshafts, bearing kits, gasket sets available at a decent price? When I get bored it costs me money for some reason. Whats up with that?

Last edited:

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Not sure of parts availability. I'm sure Vic will chime in.
I just want to let you know, if you decide not to purchase...
I'm looking for a parts tractor for my 79 L245DT.
Please contact me if you decide not to purchase.
Thank You

Milo

Milo Holroyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 L245DT w/1700 FEL, 2003 L3130 HST,w/ LA723 loader,,and L2174A snowblower
Be glad to pass along a good deal, but as a redneck, don't enjoy feeling like someone considers me to be prey.
WHOA UP there! I'm certainly not a predator (as far as tractor buying humans are concerned).
I just wanted to make my desire of a parts tractor known.
Don't take it personal!

Milo

RDR

Equipment
M5400,B6100E,K008,L175,TG1860Diesel,JD355D,3)Leyland 154D's,YM2000,IH1466
Oct 13, 2009
Danevang, Tx.
You should be able to find a machine shop to turn the crank. If the journal is too far gone it can be welded and ground to match the size of the others. Don't expect to find a cheap set of rings, etc. You might want to call a Kubota dealer for engine parts prices. You might change your mind.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
It's getting kinda hot in here :mad:

Maybe this will help cool it down some....:rolleyes:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I think I would like to buy the side lights separate they would look better on an orange tractor. She looks like my sister but Mom says I can't use her for a side light.:cool::cool: Dusty

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I think I would like to buy the side lights separate they would look better on an orange tractor. She looks like my sister but Mom says I can't use her for a side light.:cool::cool: Dusty
Dusty, how many sisters do you have? If I remember right, you said your sister was the one in yellow :rolleyes:

:D:p:D

bky

Nov 8, 2009
ky
I also might be interested in it. if milo dosen't want it .:):D
Maybe it was my comment that made him feel as if he was "prey". its certainly wasn't intended to sound that way. But the parts availability on these gems are getting harder to find.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Maybe it was my comment that made him feel as if he was "prey". its certainly wasn't intended to sound that way. But the parts availability on these gems are getting harder to find.
I wouldn't even worry about it. This is the internet and forums can get really funky at times.

Heck I was even gonna make a post about wanting the tractor for parts and I don't even have that model :D

It's what we do, have fun and poke at each other when somebody posts that they are looking at buying something :p

Besides, how many people posting about wanting the tractor for parts are actually really seriously going to pursue it :rolleyes:

Scott

bigdpontiac

Equipment
l245dt
Feb 18, 2010
woodstock,ohio,united states
Thanks for the new screensavers! The 245 is not that far from me but I probably will not buy it either. The advertised price is as much as i paid for my dt. and mine runs. I don't want to post his contact info. on a forum, hope you understand that, wouldn't do that to you if situation were reversed. Don't understand pm thing, took me two days to log on.