Kubota’s dirty little secret!

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I'm kinda new at all this, so cut me some slack, but how does a "newish" guy (like myself) tell the difference between a "commercial SSQA "and a "residential SSQA? ".

Is there a definitive way to tell the difference, like some sort of marking/stamping or something?

I honestly thought SSQA was an "industry standard".....much like National Pipe Thread or something like that.
I would be interested to know if that tractor is advertised as SSQA. If it is then go after Kubota for false advertising.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The problem seems to be only when a bucket designed for a tractor is used on a skid steer, the interference causes the destroyed tabs. So if the tractor was advertised as SSQA there is no problem, only when the implements are switched, and that would be the operators choice/responsibility.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I see that the most OBVIOUS reason here has been overlooked. The tractor bucket has wider flanges for a reason, that is because when you are in the seat trying to line up the bucket, you cannot SEE the bucket well enough to perfectly align it like you can in a SS. in a SS you are right there and can line it up easily. The flanges on the FEL bucket are there to guide the QA in. I know on my L4060 I cannot see the back of the bucket or QA very well unless I stand up, which causes the tractor to shut off.

If you look at the flanges, they are not 90* flat from the bucket but are angled off to the sides so that the QA can be guided into place.

There is no dirty secret here, its just using the wrong equipment on the wrong equipment. A tractor bucket is designed to work with a FEL QA. My forklift QA is meant for both a SS and tractor and is a PITA to align when sitting in the drivers seat. The tires block the view of the QA and slots. I finally figured out I just drop the forks on top of a pile of pallets to hook it up so I can see the darn thing.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I see that the most OBVIOUS reason here has been overlooked. The tractor bucket has wider flanges for a reason, that is because when you are in the seat trying to line up the bucket, you cannot SEE the bucket well enough to perfectly align it like you can in a SS.
Not overlooked at all. I stated this in an earlier post.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
Yet the conversation continues that it is Kubota being blamed for it.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
SSQA attachments/implements attach to SSQA mounts... Plain and simple. However not every attachment/implement is MADE to fit the piece of equipment the SSQA mount is on. Why can't some get that? The lack of common sense with this issue is austonding.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
I see that the most OBVIOUS reason here has been overlooked. The tractor bucket has wider flanges for a reason, that is because when you are in the seat trying to line up the bucket, you cannot SEE the bucket well enough to perfectly align it like you can in a SS. in a SS you are right there and can line it up easily. The flanges on the FEL bucket are there to guide the QA in. I know on my L4060 I cannot see the back of the bucket or QA very well unless I stand up, which causes the tractor to shut off.
On my L4240 I can see the side plates and the top quite easily to line up the QA to the implement. Wonder what the difference is?

Gaspasser

Equipment
L6060, FEL, forks, front snowblower. KX033 mini ex. Dump truck, Husqvarna saws.
Dec 16, 2023
NH
Perhaps a bit off topic but has anyone used the 3 pt hitch to SSQA adapters that are available? Unless I am misunderstanding something, seems like it would be possible to use my SSQA compatible FEL bucket or pallet forks on the rear 3 pt hitch when my front end has the sub frame and snowblower hooked up. It is enough of a time consuming process to switch out the blower and sub frame back to the loader arms that most folks tend to leave the blower on all winter. I understand that 3 pt hitch mounted bucket and forks might be limited and clumsy, but is this a viable option? If so, does anyone have any experience doing this or recs on a particular brand/model 3 pt to SSQA adapter? I've got a cat 2 3 pt on my L6060 with remote rear ports for hydrauiic top link option.

And if this is a crazy idea and I am overlooking some obvious flaws in proposing this, please be gentle lol. I am a newbie to the bigger tractor fold.

Thanks gang,

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 27, 2014
Your question got me to thinking. There is an implement many are not familiar with just because it's not real popular, but it's a 3 pt. "high lift bale stinger". It's made to back into a large round bale and be able to pick it up high enough to load the hay on a trailer, so one could load large bales without a front end loader.

Here's a picture of one I found on FB. There are some without hyd cyl. also. I was thinking you could fab up a copy of the mechanical lift part and attach your snow blade where the bale spike would be. Then you could push snow and lift to make a pile if necessary.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplac...wse_serp:da0bfaf3-b1ce-48d9-b1a8-625e6c494a09

1704294145548.jpeg

1704294109348.jpeg

1704294070825.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Back in November, you bid us goodbye, but you never left. All your posts are nothing more than complaints about us. Why is that????
Here is another quote from your postings...

I try to quit, Dusty, I really do. Late night comes around and the wife is working late and I get bored. So here I am.

Not to get too personal, But...
I may come across as harsh, or arrogant, but I blame my profession as a Law Enforcement Officer for 25 years. So, I don't suffer the fool. Prior to that I was in construction in one way or another. Company Owner, Chief Estimator, Project Manager, Purchasing Agent, Site Engineer, Equipment Operator.... you get the idea. Any other profession and I'm a ignorant about it.

Having been in law enf you hear all these lies and made-up stories about how or why they did the crime. So, my empathy only goes so far. Sometimes they ARE innocent. May God help them. Generally, I have Great empathy for the disabled, veterans, and those who are poor because they didn't put themselves there. And to the innocent. But not to fools.

When I said "bad guys" it was based on 25 years in a major city working with questionable people and full-blown criminals. Gangsters, murderers, rapists. And the worst of the worst.... pedophiles. These guys read my posts on here, while sitting in a jail cell. There are some REALLY bad hombres out there. And that's why I try to shut up. I pray that they ALL find God before this life ends.

It seems as though you, Dusty, have a personal beef with me. I don't know why. IF you were the one who posted about trespassing after dark to look at a tractor you were shown on google maps... And the owner of the property wasn't home. That could be it. I would have gladly seen your butt in jail and let the attorney's fight for you. If that wasn't you, I don't know what your beef is. Doesn't matter I suppose.

Anyway. Please remember that there is construction grade equipment, and property owner / farm equipment. Check the fit before you assume it will.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Your question got me to thinking. There is an implement many are not familiar with just because it's not real popular, but it's a 3 pt. "high lift bale stinger". It's made to back into a large round bale and be able to pick it up high enough to load the hay on a trailer, so one could load large bales without a front end loader.

Here's a picture of one I found on FB. There are some without hyd cyl. also. I was thinking you could fab up a copy of the mechanical lift part and attach your snow blade where the bale spike would be. Then you could push snow and lift to make a pile if necessary.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/600749405434428/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:da0bfaf3-b1ce-48d9-b1a8-625e6c494a09

View attachment 119326

View attachment 119325

View attachment 119324
Very interesting idea.
Are these things in current production by someone?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I almost bought a 3PH forklift for $500 one year...12' height, then said WHAT do I really,really need it for....

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I try to quit, Dusty, I really do. Late night comes around and the wife is working late and I get bored. So here I am.

Not to get too personal, But...
I may come across as harsh, or arrogant, but I blame my profession as a Law Enforcement Officer for 25 years. So, I don't suffer the fool. Prior to that I was in construction in one way or another. Company Owner, Chief Estimator, Project Manager, Purchasing Agent, Site Engineer, Equipment Operator.... you get the idea. Any other profession and I'm a ignorant about it.

Having been in law enf you hear all these lies and made-up stories about how or why they did the crime. So, my empathy only goes so far. Sometimes they ARE innocent. May God help them. Generally, I have Great empathy for the disabled, veterans, and those who are poor because they didn't put themselves there. And to the innocent. But not to fools.

When I said "bad guys" it was based on 25 years in a major city working with questionable people and full-blown criminals. Gangsters, murderers, rapists. And the worst of the worst.... pedophiles. These guys read my posts on here, while sitting in a jail cell. There are some REALLY bad hombres out there. And that's why I try to shut up. I pray that they ALL find God before this life ends.

It seems as though you, Dusty, have a personal beef with me. I don't know why. IF you were the one who posted about trespassing after dark to look at a tractor you were shown on google maps... And the owner of the property wasn't home. That could be it. I would have gladly seen your butt in jail and let the attorney's fight for you. If that wasn't you, I don't know what your beef is. Doesn't matter I suppose.

Anyway. Please remember that there is construction grade equipment, and property owner / farm equipment. Check the fit before you assume it will.
Nope, it wasn't me, and if you go back to your post saying "goodbye" and read what I had posted you should know better. As for being a retired LEO, I do understand where you are coming from, because I might have been there at one time long ago. So long ago that I don't ever talk about it publically or privately. I don't trespass on other's land, and I don't walk through cemeteries after dark. Heck, I will be the last one to let you down. Just don't make your first ride in a hearse your last. Peace be with you.

Reactions: 2 users