Kubota Women

KimL

Equipment
Kubota 2380, 60” mower deck, LA344S Loader, 48” Grading Scraper, 54” Grapple
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
I’m a new tractor co-owner. Our Kubota and implements delivery is today and it’d be great to talk with other women tractor users. Men talk is good too, yet the forum search word “women” turns up men talking about bathing suits. Let’s Talk! Kim

Attachments

Reactions: 9 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Welcome, although I'm not a woman. My wife does use our tractor. Here are a few pictures of her using our tractor on the farm.

Resized_20190810_095327.jpg

Resized_20190921_111424.jpeg

Here is a picture of my niece learning to use the tractor
20201223_105445.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Unfortunately, my wife is terrified of 'power anything'. I have forcred her to ride a motorcycle (went 30'). Has driven teh Sears Garden tractor for about five minutes in 23 years. Drove the kubota 5', raised and lowered the FEL a little.
But running power equipment, it does not matter the gender, all operators are equal perched on the seat. Just be careful. Take off the boots before coming in the house!

Reactions: 2 users

KimL

Equipment
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
I always change boots on the porch. My husband could benefit from your advice though. He needs the encouragement. Ha ha. On looking for women: men posts are about changing parts and maintenance and zzzzzz stuff. I guess after a couple of days in the seat I’ll be greasing and repairing, too? Thanks for your comment.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Kim - - Welcome to OTT!

Several tractor gals come to mind that are active here.

Reactions: 1 user

KimL

Equipment
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
Then, I’ll keep an eye out for them. Thanks.

KimL

Equipment
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
The pictures are fun. Thank you!

KimL

Equipment
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
Unfortunately, my wife is terrified of 'power anything'. I have forcred her to ride a motorcycle (went 30'). Has driven teh Sears Garden tractor for about five minutes in 23 years. Drove the kubota 5', raised and lowered the FEL a little.
But running power equipment, it does not matter the gender, all operators are equal perched on the seat. Just be careful. Take off the boots before coming in the house!

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
men posts are about changing parts and maintenance and zzzzzz stuff. I guess after a couple of days in the seat I’ll be greasing and repairing, too?
It it is all part of the experience, if you don't do the maintenance it will get very expensive and unpleasant.

KimL

Equipment
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
The pictures are fun. That’s a big tractor. I’m reglad to see them on it. Thank you!

KimL

Equipment
Mar 26, 2022
Indiana
It it is all part of the experience, if you don't do the maintenance it will get very expensive and unpleasant.
HUSBAND knows that stuff! Yeah for me.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Kim, you have to realize there are many more men than women on this site. Women will pop in and make a comment or post a question, but you may have to lead the pack. You may also not be able to tell gender by someone's moniker! There is a woman member who is very knowledgeable about the newer tractors and how the engine works to keep clean and I've seen where someone makes a comment and refers to her as "sir" because they presume......

My wife has never been on this site. May have glanced over my shoulder to see something I was commenting about, but she is not very passive about a Kubota tractor forum. She does spend many hours mowing during grass growing season. It's her passion. She has a zero turn (with a Kubota engine) and mows more often then really necessary. She checks the fuel, oil, water before starting and cleans all the grass of the deck, seat and radiator screen before parking it. I provide the fuel and make sure it's greased.

But if you find operating equipment as relaxing, operating a tractor is much less expensive then a psychiatrist!

Welcome, and have fun. Hope you get that coat back in the closet soon also.

Last edited:

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
So that no one makes assumptions, what are your preferred pronouns? Mine are he/him. Welcome to the forum! Be on the lookout for sarcasm, at least as far as my posts concerned.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Kim,

welcome to the site - great bunch of folks - a tremendous amount of knowledgeable people here that will answer any question you have. And there are several ladies here as well.

With you new machine ............ read the manual, then a day later read it again......... and again.

TAKE your time doing small stuff - I would also suggest when using the FEL (front end loader) That you keep it LOOWWWWWWW when full and even when empty as you move.

I made a mistake hour 1 ........ load of firewood in bucket, turned around to back up, hand on joystick, and boom - log fell onto the hood ............ dent is still there.

AND be very careful on hillsides ........... go up and down (in 4 wheel drive even if you dont need to) never sideways.

AND - by all means ....upload pictures of your new machine - everyone loves new orange!

Reactions: 1 users

nbking

Equipment
L2501HST 4X4, Rtv-x900
Jul 8, 2018
Sonora, CA
My wife loves to drive the rtv-x900, skidding logs, running the winch controls, she will also use the splitter and the chipper. She does not use the chainsaw, snowblower or tractor. I have tried a couple times, and she has used them maybe twice each. We make a good team.

• Love

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I’m a new tractor co-owner. Our Kubota and implements delivery is today and it’d be great to talk with other women tractor users. Men talk is good too, yet the forum search word “women” turns up men talking about bathing suits. Let’s Talk! Kim
Tractor Gal (hope I got the name right) is one I can think of.

Sheepfarmer...why do I think you may be another? ...just seem to think that for some reason...certainly a positive thought!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
KimL Welcome to this large dysfunctional family, like a big bunch of kids we enjoy our toys, yes I said toys :) You might get some silly answers to a question but in truth if you cant find the answer here, well I dont know where you will. Ya might wana tag sheepfarmer, pretty smart about a lot of things

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Welcome to the forum Kim!

Tractor Gal and Sharryn are two gals that have dived right in with fixing and using questions. Not much that is gender specific about using a tractor. The lack of hand and back strength that might be more common in women creeps up with age and arthritis on everyone. Workarounds are suggested by all. Many of them just require the right tools to get the job done. Pay real close attention to the safety hints offered on these pages. Tractors will kill you.

We all have in common liking to be outside, and enjoying learning new skills.

yes Henro, she/her, although I always thought the picture of the gal on a horse herding sheep with a kid would make it clear. Guess the resolution of the picture leaves something to be desired.