Kubota W5021scc (self-propelled commercial model)

wimerjobe

Oct 18, 2014
Coppell, TX
I am reluctantly parting with the Kubota w5021scc commercial mower I have owned for 5 years. I moved to a smaller property near Dallas with lots of obstacles, so I use my boring Super Recycler more now.

Here are the details: This is the true commercial model with shaft drive, metal wheels, faster ground speed, larger gas tank, reinforced handlebars, etc. It is the most durable mower anyone could ever hope to own, and IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED COMMERCIALLY. The first owner was a middle-aged lady named Linda in Kaufman, Texas who bought the mower in approximately 1995. She used it for a short time and then dry-stored it because she hired a lawn service. Her nephew David then bought the mower for his lake house property, but he didn't get out there enough so he then stored it as well (David is the one who provided the mower's history). I bought it from him about 5 years ago. It is all-original except for the fluids and air filter. Original grass bag, original tires & wheels, etc. Everything operates correctly -- it's a joy to use. There are some light scratches on the sides of the deck (I used it about 8 times per year), and there is a slight abrasion on the grass bag (rubbed on shrub branches), but no rips or holes. My price is $600. This is a high price for a used mower, until you try to find another one of these in this condition. Retail price in 1995 was $949, which is $1,481 in today's dollars. Please see pics below. While I will not pay for shipping, I will take the mower to a local shipping location once payment has cleared. By the way, the mower comes with the original factory side discharge chute. Thank you for your consideration.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
$600 for a 19 year old mower is a bit steep. You're only asking for $300 off the orginial purchase price. And what it equates too in todays dollars is irrelevant. That kind of logic everything old would be expensive.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I had one just like it without the front bumper. Went to the local Kubota dealer to get a couple of parts and they said Kubota never made such a mower. "Never made a push mower, much less a gas push mower." I gave them the model number and the serial number, and they still didn't believe it was a Kubota. Finally got the parts, but what a job to convenience the parts guy it did exist.

I bought my mower at a yard sale for $125, use it for a few years and sold it for $50.

wimerjobe

Oct 18, 2014
Coppell, TX
Thanks for your comment, and for providing the ebay post. That mower is the much more common residential model (W5021SC) -- not the rare commercial model (W5021SCC). It does not have the bigger gas tank, aluminum wheels, faster groundspeed, reinforced handlebars, steel deck shroud, etc. Also, it comes without the bagger or bagger frame, which would together cost over $300 if you bought the parts retail.

wimerjobe

Oct 18, 2014
Coppell, TX
Thanks for taking the time to comment, Eric. I agree that my mower is fully priced at $600 (keep in mind that I've left a bit of room to come down off my price). Quality used commercials 21's sell out here for around $400 - $450. I'm talking about Toro 22197s, Honda HRC 216s, etc. But these mowers have been used commercially, and they are extremely common. For around $100 more, you could own the W5021SCC, which is arguably a better mower, has never been used commercially, and is a rare piece that inspires pride of ownership. If you see my mower as just another used commercial mower, then I would agree 100% that there's no reason to pay more than $400 - $450 for it (or maybe even less because it's older).

kubota joe

Jan 19, 2015
utica,ny
Hello,
If the Kubota mower (W5021-SCC) is still for sale please email me back as soon as possible if you would like to sell ?
Thank You,
Kubota Joe ------

TRWKubota

Equipment
Kubota W5021
Apr 6, 2015
Winston-Salem, NC, USA
If any of you still have interest in a w5021 please let me know. I have one in good shape save for a broken drive axle. Its the w5021sc - not the commercial model. Engine runs good and its in overall good shape. Did some servicing work on it and put a new bag last summer. Then the axle broke. Was afraid that repair might be too much for me as it looked like i'd have to go into the transmission to fix it. LCWELL, I see you're in Laurens, SC. I have family nearby and could get it to you if you're interested. I hate to just junk it.