• yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • no

Votes: 7 87.5%

• Total voters

ekin.kubota

Jul 30, 2021
ekin.2000
I have a kubota forklift which has v3800 engine. I am having some regeneration issues. DPF is clooged. 3 months ago i bought a new DPF. But I still have the same problem. I tried to remove the DPF and have it cleaned manually but it reclogged in 1 week.

It really bothers me. If there's someone having similar issues, please help me. I am really tired of cleaning it manually

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have a kubota forklift which has v3800 engine. I am having some regeneration issues. DPF is clooged. 3 months ago i bought a new DPF. But I still have the same problem. I tried to remove the DPF and have it cleaned manually but it reclogged in 1 week.

It really bothers me. If there's someone having similar issues, please help me. I am really tired of cleaning it manually
What else did you do about regen cycle? Computer controls?

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't have your forklift, but speaking in general terms:

The DPF system should have a sensor to let the computer know when the filter requires a regen. If it cannot do an automatic regen, then it should call for a manual regen (ie: warning light comes on). If it's not doing an auto regen and the light is not coming on, perhaps the problem is in the sensor? Is the warning light burnt out? Are you performing the manual regen procedure?

After a considerable number of regens, the filter will eventually clog with ash residue and require replacement or professional cleaning. But that should take years, not weeks.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I know you guys with regen problems have GOT to be tired of those of us who are SO GLAD we have Pre-Emissions tractors…. but I LOVE my M4700 with ZERO EPA devices.

DPF has got to be one of the dumbest ways to deal with the problem…. burn more fuel to convert harmless elemental carbon back to CO2 …with the idea that somehow that is better for the environment?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'd be calling anyone.everyone at Kubota as well as the forklift MFR for immediate help . There's a SERIOUS problem when the DPF filter gets clogged after 1 week( 50-100 hrs at most ?). Have to ask total hours on engine, is it original to llift, hrs on new filter,age of lift. I'm assuming an outdoor lift(most indoors ones are propane...). Anything else wrong ? (dashlights OK, runs smooth, etc ??)...no other problems ?? Have Kubota look at filter, maybe it was a bad one ??
Any chance a bad injector ? could you tell ?? (mine is very old, starts on 2.5-3 cylinders with 3 sqirts of ether, then the 4th eventually kicks in....
maybe google' V3800 engine DPF problems' ,see what 'hits' you get.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I'd be calling anyone.everyone at Kubota as well as the forklift MFR for immediate help . There's a SERIOUS problem when the DPF filter gets clogged after 1 week( 50-100 hrs at most ?). Have to ask total hours on engine, is it original to llift, hrs on new filter,age of lift. I'm assuming an outdoor lift(most indoors ones are propane...). Anything else wrong ? (dashlights OK, runs smooth, etc ??)...no other problems ?? Have Kubota look at filter, maybe it was a bad one ??
Any chance a bad injector ? could you tell ?? (mine is very old, starts on 2.5-3 cylinders with 3 sqirts of ether, then the 4th eventually kicks in....
maybe google' V3800 engine DPF problems' ,see what 'hits' you get.
Oooohh…. I know you know…. but just to keep others from Mucking-UP…. NEVER use ether or starting fluid in a diesel unless you’re willing to throw the engine away. Kubota specifically warns against using it with their equipment. (A compression-ignition engine such as a diesel creates extremely high compression and heat-energy during the compression-stroke… that’s how it works…. and ether will explode far sooner/before the piston gets to top-center…. very possibly leading to bent connecting rods, blown heads and holed-pistons, broken rings, etc.
Don’t use ether or starting fluid in your Kubota. It ain’t like some of the older diesels that had starting systems which timed injection of starting fluids only after TDC.

Last edited:

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
This a really common problem and it really tooks our money and time. That's why there is a lot of people using devices such as DPF Emulators.
I couldn't try one yet since I'm worried about legal issues. And also my problem was software based, my DPF wasn't harmed physically. So DTC Eraser/Soot Level Resetter solved my problems.
But let's say you are having issues with DPF differential pressure sensors or temperature sensors, you need to use a DPF Emulator.
In the firm i bought my DTC Eraser/Soot Level Resetter there is also DPF Emulators. Anyone having problems with DPF can find one from CAN-BUS also.
It is interesting How this person keeps showing back up and offering an ILLEGAL option to eliminate DPF. I guess the person can't read the terms of use for the website and realize that offering ILLEGAL options on a forum is not acceptable.

Reactions: 1 users

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I don't think a tool that allows the user to access service functions like a forced regen or DTC reset through software is illegal, per se. At worst, it may infringe on a dubious copyright claim designed to circumvent 'right to repair' legislation. However, a DPF emulator is certainly illegal.

Does Kubota even make forklifts? I know they supply engines to some forklift manufacturers.

Reactions: 2 users

ekin.kubota

Jul 30, 2021
ekin.2000
It is interesting How this person keeps showing back up and offering an ILLEGAL option to eliminate DPF. I guess the person can't read the terms of use for the website and realize that offering ILLEGAL options on a forum is not acceptable.
Dude we literally couldn't find any true solutions even with authorized service. I assume Kubota couldn't foresee that we can use this vehicles in harsh conditions. As im doing really heavy duty, there is always problems. As I said i couldn't try an Emulator because im worried about legal issues but there is nothing illegal about using dtc eraser/soot level resetter.

ekin.kubota

Jul 30, 2021
ekin.2000
I don't think a tool that allows the user to access service functions like a forced regen or DTC reset through software is illegal, per se. At worst, it may infringe on a dubious copyright claim designed to circumvent 'right to repair' legislation. However, a DPF emulator is certainly illegal.

Does Kubota even make forklifts? I know they supply engines to some forklift manufacturers.
Yes there is nothing illegal about using devices like DTC eraser or Soot level resetter. As DPF emulators are illegal, using them is a decision tho.

Yes they do supply engines, i bought mine from a local manufacturer.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
My A-C forklift has a BUDA BD153 diesel, mid 70's, zillion hrs on it, massive 'blowby'. I'd need a 3rd battery to run the intake 'glowplug' to get enough heat,long enough to start 'normal' ,so for 10+ years, 3 quick squirts gets her going, any time of the year. It's a lot cheaper than the $5K quote to rebuild and that's AFTER I remove from forklift(wanna have fun ?? 4,000# weight has to come off 1st !).
Agree though, follow the machine's manual for starting....especially for NEW equipment.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Readers beware. This op is a fraud and has just joined here with a "make believe" problem so that he can pop back in and propose HIS magically solution. This is just a way to leverage the forum without paying a sponsorship. Hopefully an admin can delete.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I suspect you are right. More sophisticated than most of the automated bots we see though.

ekin.kubota

Jul 30, 2021
ekin.2000
Readers beware. This op is a fraud and has just joined here with a "make believe" problem so that he can pop back in and propose HIS magically solution. This is just a way to leverage the forum without paying a sponsorship. Hopefully an admin can delete.
Are you serious? Did anyone in the forum could tell me anything close to a solution? No. Did the authorized service find any solution? No. I am just sharing my knowledge with people having similar problems. I wish I had a sponsorship lol

ekin.kubota

Jul 30, 2021
ekin.2000
My A-C forklift has a BUDA BD153 diesel, mid 70's, zillion hrs on it, massive 'blowby'. I'd need a 3rd battery to run the intake 'glowplug' to get enough heat,long enough to start 'normal' ,so for 10+ years, 3 quick squirts gets her going, any time of the year. It's a lot cheaper than the $5K quote to rebuild and that's AFTER I remove from forklift(wanna have fun ?? 4,000# weight has to come off 1st !).
Agree though, follow the machine's manual for starting....especially for NEW equipment.
You are mostly right, although anything did not work in my case. Till I found out only my sensors were problematic. That is why this devices worked for me.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
if you are having frequent regen you need to know the system; how it works, what does what, etc--in order to know why the regen is more frequent.

Dirty oil dirty air filter poor fuel poor oil high oil level are a few causes. Engine oil usage is another big one. PCV issues another. All has to be addressed.

the dealer is the only place that can reset all the settings that are needed in order for regeneration to work properly. This assumes that all of the sensors are working properly, again dealer is the only one who can hook into the system and watch all the sensor data.

One cannot just pull the dpf an clean it and stuff it back in. There are changes that must be made in the ecu as well. And the actual cause of the soot plugging needs to be addressed, or it will just continue over and over.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
And Lugbolt should know. He is a Kubota mechanic who frequently shares his knowledge on this board with anyone who asks.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Are you serious? Did anyone in the forum could tell me anything close to a solution? No. Did the authorized service find any solution? No. I am just sharing my knowledge with people having similar problems. I wish I had a sponsorship lol
Tricking the system into thinking it is not plugging and not performing a ReGen will solve nothing. There is still soot building in the DPF. Your shiny little trinket did not solve anything, it's the same as putting a piece of tape over the SES light in your car because it's on.