Kubota Quality

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The tractor itself seems flawless. I was under the mistaken belief that the tractor and loader were made in Japan, but now I know the loader was made in USA. One thing I wish the salesman would have recommended was ballast. I was using the loader with forks to move pallets around my house and discovered without the rotary cutter attached the tractor is very unstable when lifting. I ordered a ballast box online which is being delivered Tuesday, I plan to fill it with pea gravel.
I would see if you could find some body builder weights. A lot easier to remove should you want to use the box for something else. Mine is filled with 600 pounds of 1 1/4 # lead ingots. Too much work to remove them, so I am going to be putting suitcase weights in it for next year, or build a holder for the suitcase weights and sell the lead.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Salesman told me the unit had PDI done twice, joked about it going to cost them for one. He did not give me the copies of the PDI sheets. The first thing I did was purchase new grease gun and recommend impact rated grease and check all the fittings. We also torqued all the lug nuts per owners manual and checked all the fluid levels. When they gave me the owner's manual I asked about a manual for the loader and they said there wasn't one. I found the rotary cutter manual attached to cutter and ruined by rain so I downloaded a copy online. The box blade and fork attachment also had no manuals. The only manual I received from the dealer was the tractor owner's manual.
I purchased a Landpride QH5 from Messicks and it didn't come with the instruction manual. The salesman told me that they don't come with manuals. I called LandPride and asked them about the manual. They said that it is wrapped around the hitch and is in a plastic bag and that Messicks could order one and then submit a warranty claim to cover the cost. I guess that was just too much work, so they printed one out on their copy machine. The problem with that is that it is a loose-leaf copy and pages can get torn out of the binder, which they didn't include.
When I purchased my 3rd function kit from Messicks, I specifically said that I wanted the kit with the flat-faced couplers, but I got Pioneer couplers instead. They said that it was my mistake because I gave them the part number from the instructions, which showed flat-faced couplers. I had to escalate this to a manager, who said he would send me the flat-faced couplers, but what I received was 2 male couplers for a much larger machine. I then purchased some couplers from Amazon so I could get the project finished. When I last checked my account on Messicks website, I see that they charged out the wrong parts to my account, however, they never asked me to pay it. I will continue to buy parts from them, but I am still not happy about being blamed for a mistake that I didn't make, and then getting the wrong parts. The QH5 manual being missing was totally unacceptable. I probably should have contacted Neil, but I felt that I shouldn't have to go that far up the chain of command to resolve a simple problem. Maybe Messics salespeople need to watch the Warren Buffett video that was posted on these forums.

jrmorgan

Equipment
Kubota B2301HSD-1 with LA435 Loader
Dec 25, 2021
Southeast Texas
I would see if you could find some body builder weights. A lot easier to remove should you want to use the box for something else. Mine is filled with 600 pounds of 1 1/4 # lead ingots. Too much work to remove them, so I am going to be putting suitcase weights in it for next year, or build a holder for the suitcase weights and sell the lead.
The box I ordered has a sliding door to empty it. The reviews said sand leaks out that is why I was planning on pea gravel. It also has fork cut outs and a 2" receiver tube for a trailer hitch. I plan to store it inside when not in use.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Absolutely the reason I picked Kubota is because of recommendations and satisfaction of owners like you. Kubota has reputation for the highest quality and is the reason their products hold their value. Land Pride are the only implements I even considered, I did not shop around I trusted the dealer to give me a fair price for the quality I was receiving. I purchased the LP BB1248 and LP RCR1248 with the tractor, it wasn't a package deal. The Terra Force forks were the ones recommended by the dealer.
If you think Land Pride is good, you really should try Everything Attachments!
EA is THE BEST!

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I purchased a Landpride QH5 from Messicks and it didn't come with the instruction manual. The salesman told me that they don't come with manuals. I called LandPride and asked them about the manual. They said that it is wrapped around the hitch and is in a plastic bag and that Messicks could order one and then submit a warranty claim to cover the cost. I guess that was just too much work, so they printed one out on their copy machine. The problem with that is that it is a loose-leaf copy and pages can get torn out of the binder, which they didn't include.
When I purchased my 3rd function kit from Messicks, I specifically said that I wanted the kit with the flat-faced couplers, but I got Pioneer couplers instead. They said that it was my mistake because I gave them the part number from the instructions, which showed flat-faced couplers. I had to escalate this to a manager, who said he would send me the flat-faced couplers, but what I received was 2 male couplers for a much larger machine. I then purchased some couplers from Amazon so I could get the project finished. When I last checked my account on Messicks website, I see that they charged out the wrong parts to my account, however, they never asked me to pay it. I will continue to buy parts from them, but I am still not happy about being blamed for a mistake that I didn't make, and then getting the wrong parts. The QH5 manual being missing was totally unacceptable. I probably should have contacted Neil, but I felt that I shouldn't have to go that far up the chain of command to resolve a simple problem. Maybe Messics salespeople need to watch the Warren Buffett video that was posted on these forums.
I have had nothing but superior service from Messick's!

jrmorgan

Equipment
Dec 25, 2021
Southeast Texas
I found the Rotary cutter manual tied to the drive shaft, in a plastic bag and completely soaked and moldy. I downloaded a copy online. I'm told the manual for the loader is packed in a 5 gallon pale with the parts, I never received it so apparently the dealer threw it away. Still haven't found it online. Also when I first received the tractor the PTO cover was in the tool box, took the cutter off to use just the forks and discovered the cover is now missing, someone must have taken it when they switched the loader. Now I need to order a cover. We live in a country where employees can't be bothered to actually do their job and respect the customer who is actually paying their wages, sad. I am going to get a 3rd function installed because I plan on getting a small rake grapple but I wonder if I should just order and install it myself.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have had nothing but superior service from Messick's!
I have had nothing but stellar experiences whenever I ordered parts over the past many years, however, my last 2 experiences have been with the same salesman (or so I believe, but am not absolutely certain), and he didn't impress me as someone that I would want to do business with again. He is the salesperson at Messicks that screwed up! If I were to ever buy anything from Messicks in the future, I will seek out someone else for sure. The parts people are great, but there are some items that can only be purchased through a salesperson.

I found the Rotary cutter manual tied to the drive shaft, in a plastic bag and completely soaked and moldy. I downloaded a copy online. I'm told the manual for the loader is packed in a 5 gallon pale with the parts, I never received it so apparently the dealer threw it away. Still haven't found it online. Also when I first received the tractor the PTO cover was in the tool box, took the cutter off to use just the forks and discovered the cover is now missing, someone must have taken it when they switched the loader. Now I need to order a cover. We live in a country where employees can't be bothered to actually do their job and respect the customer who is actually paying their wages, sad. I am going to get a 3rd function installed because I plan on getting a small rake grapple but I wonder if I should just order and install it myself.
I would order the LandPride 3rd function valve for the BX and install it myself. I did mine and the PowerPoint instructions were adequate. I did need to call LandPride to get clarification on one item on the instructions, and they were very helpful.

I

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Yesterday, Christmas day, I was showing my son-in-law what I was doing in an effort to make my new backhoe usable. I had the cover off the console to look at the adjustments when we noticed that both bolts that retain the levers were ready to fall out. It never ends with this piece of junk, that crew in Georgia needs to be replaced by foreign labor, they simply don't deserve a job.
What makes you think the problem is not "foreign labor" at the Georgia facility already?

Reactions: 2 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
The box I ordered has a sliding door to empty it. The reviews said sand leaks out that is why I was planning on pea gravel. It also has fork cut outs and a 2" receiver tube for a trailer hitch. I plan to store it inside when not in use.
If you can fill with steel it has many times the weight of gravel or concrete (per CY).

F749C1B7-60D6-4315-965A-0AB42197EC8E.jpeg

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
When I bought my B2650HSD new in 2017 there were pretty much zero issues like you described, including getting both operating AND assembly manuals for all the attachments I purchased new at the same time and dealership: BH77, LA534, BB1560, B2782B, SSQA forks. The rest of my attachments have been acquired elsewhere since, used and new.

When delivered I went over all the bolt torque checks as well, none loose. Fluid levels, lubed zerks, tire pressures, etc etc.

Someone went over these machines before they delivered them to me, REALLY thoroughly.

The only issue I have had how tight it is to get the backhoe's right mounting pin to slide into place when attaching the backhoe. I've dealt with it by carrying a mallet for in-out assist, lightly grinding a slightly deeper bevel along the pin lead edge, and keeping the pins and raceways clean and lubricated. Now 4 years later it slides in just fine. It's a matter of not wanting to loosen all the BH subframe bolts and attempting a realignment myself, or sending the tractor 100km to the dealer for a fix.

I have no idea where exactly the machines were manufactured. Bought in Dec. 2017 in Manitoba, Canada.

It's been great.

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
thank you JRmorgan and Lynnmor. I think I will have the dealer deliver with the backhoe on so I can at least make sure it works correctly. I did order a thumb so I will try it out and make sure it adjusts. thank you for the information

jrmorgan

Equipment
Dec 25, 2021
Southeast Texas
If you can fill with steel it has many times the weight of gravel or concrete (per CY).

View attachment 72296
Looks like the same box I ordered, only mine is red. Wow, that is some serious lead weight. I don't really have a source for cheap steel or lead but that seems like a good choice. I wish I had every brake rotor and drum I ever threw away, lol.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Looks like the same box I ordered, only mine is red. Wow, that is some serious lead weight. I don't really have a source for cheap steel or lead but that seems like a good choice. I wish I had every brake rotor and drum I ever threw away, lol.
If you have a favorite auto repair shop I'll bet they could give you a lot of rotors. I know the shop that I use, allows me to pick their iron pile for anything that I would want. In the past few week I have cut off at least 6 GFI plugs from air conditioning units. They allow their customers to drop off unwanted metals for recycling. A couple of weeks before, I got a stainless steel restaurant-style coffee maker, and there was nothing wrong with it. The fellow that dropped it is a contractor and he was cleaning out a former restaurant. He also threw into the pile a construction air compressor that needed a new capacitor. Welcome to our throw-away society.

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
If there's a demolition site near you that's a good place also. I have several pieces of big chain from a demolished hydro dam inside the box.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you have a favorite auto repair shop I'll bet they could give you a lot of rotors. I know the shop that I use, allows me to pick their iron pile for anything that I would want. In the past few week I have cut off at least 6 GFI plugs from air conditioning units. They allow their customers to drop off unwanted metals for recycling. A couple of weeks before, I got a stainless steel restaurant-style coffee maker, and there was nothing wrong with it. The fellow that dropped it is a contractor and he was cleaning out a former restaurant. He also threw into the pile a construction air compressor that needed a new capacitor. Welcome to our throw-away society.
I live with a woman like that!
She will throw something away because she is "tired of it", or no longer likes the color.
Not just clothing!
FRUSTRATING!

Last edited:

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
I live with a woman like that!
She will through something away because she is "tired of it", or no longer likes the color.
Not just clothing!
FRUSTRATING!
Simplified version: I live with a woman - frustrating. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

BTW - married 30 years this month.

Clementine21

Equipment
B2401 with FEL, back blade, back rake, carry all
Dec 9, 2021
Troy, Idaho, USA
I owned a B6000 with loader, hoe and rototiller for over 45 years. Absolutely no issues (it you don't count the reverse rotation PTO!) I sold it this summer and bought a new B2401 which I love.

BUT... Checked the oil this morning (been moving the 18" of snow we have at near zero F temps) and found it about 3" high in the dipstick. (Leaking injectors? No unusual smoke on startup) Check the transmission dipstick and NO fluid on the stick! bought it 8-30-21 and only 27 hours on the machine. Who screwed up? Nearest dealer is over 40 miles of nasty roads away, plus a lot of downtime just when I need it for my quartermile driveway. Selling dealer (same company) is almost 100 miles away.

If I had that issue with a new car, the dealer would be at my doorstep to trailer the vehicle to the shop. Should I push for the dealer to pick it up?

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I would discuss it with the selling dealer first. Have you been checking the engine oil level frequently since you bought the machine? If not, it might have been overfilled with engine oil when you took delivery. I would pull the dipstick and see if there is a smell of diesel fuel to the engine oil. If it smells of diesel fuel, I wouldn't run the engine until it is repaired.