Kubota Quality

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Regardless, it should have been caught in QC as you say.
If you ever worked extensively in manufacturing, you would know that it is impractical to inspect quality into the product. QC, if it even exists, likely checks a small number of samples. You get quality by having those with direct contact understanding and performing quality work. My opinion is that, in the current labor climate, employees are hired if a pulse can be detected.

Reactions: 2 users

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
If you ever worked extensively in manufacturing, you would know that it is impractical to inspect quality into the product. QC, if it even exists, likely checks a small number of samples. You get quality by having those with direct contact understanding and performing quality work. My opinion is that, in the current labor climate, employees are hired if a pulse can be detected.
I agree with you there. In my mind each employee who works on building the bucket or car or whatever should be part of QC. if they see something that doesn’t look right they leave a note or pull it off the line. And definitely agree with you regarding hiring on pulse detection, it has gotten worse since the lockdowns.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
QC isn't just one thing, it's a multi-faceted approach to producing quality products. For the record, I've worked and continue to work for companies that produce products for which quality is essential. QC involves working with vendors to make sure that Cp and Cpk are acceptable, line workers are given the tools to make constant checks, GD&T is used to control parts, QC personnel pull random samples of parts and finished products to run CMM operations.

(MOD DELETE: TOO RUDE TOO COLORFUL)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
QC isn't just one thing, it's a multi-faceted approach to producing quality products. For the record, I've worked and continue to work for companies that produce products for which quality is essential. QC involves working with vendors to make sure that Cp and Cpk are acceptable, line workers are given the tools to make constant checks, GD&T is used to control parts, QC personnel pull random samples of parts and finished products to run CMM operations.

(MOD DELETE: TOO RUDE TOO COLORFUL)
Sorry I like his posts because he was contributing to the whole conversation?

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Sorry I like his posts because he was contributing to the whole conversation?
Thank You. What some don't know is that I have been involved with manufacturing for over half a century, much of that was running my own tool & die shop. I have been entertained with all the alphabet QC games on both side of the fence so I am not impressed by those that list their favorite abbreviation.

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
Thank You. What some don't know is that I have been involved with manufacturing for over half a century, much of that was running my own tool & die shop. I have been entertained with all the alphabet QC games on both side of the fence so I am not impressed by those that list their favorite abbreviation.
I just kept the conversation going as I enjoy learning more about the manufacturing process.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
May I join this clam bake? I just completed this curriculum:

1000000037.jpg

I found it strange that we had to lay on our sides during the class.

• Haha

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Sad, really sad, the issue with quality can be found right here in a number of the above comments. It takes people with integrity to consistently produce good product, not those that fell it is appropriate to belittle others.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Sad, really sad, the issue with quality can be found right here in a number of the above comments. It takes people with integrity to consistently produce good product, not those that fell it is appropriate to belittle others.
mcmxi is particulary adept at that!

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
I think people on here (and all forums to be hoenst) sometimes dont realize or dont care and thats where a lot of the belittling comes from, but a good amount of us are on here to learn, the amount of stuff I have learned by communicating with other members and just reading others experience, has greatly helped my experience in operating the tractor and maintenance. For example I started up the tractor and drove it around for a few to make sure it was operating well, as I havent started it in 2 weeks. I checked all the fluids before and all the levels were good, but then checked the hydraulic sight glass after shutting it off and noticed it looked empty. I immediatly went on here and saw the process people used to check, and then checked the manual for the hundreth time and the advice matched up. I left the implement and loader raised off the ground while checking it, hence the fluid was stuck in those lines. Once I lowered it, it was perfectly fine.
🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
mcmxi is particulary adept at that!
I guess that there are more folks on this forum that qualify for the ignore feature. It is a shame that we can't share information without all the finger pointing.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I guess that there are more folks on this forum that qualify for the ignore feature. It is a shame that we can't share information without all the finger pointing.
Not just, "finger pointing" either!
Downright nastiness!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I've been away from the forums for the past 10 days, and I come home to this type of character bashing. I am sure glad that I didn't read this while lying in a hospital bed because it definitely would have raised my blood pressure to boil over. I only wish that the moderators would shut this type of rhetoric down before it becomes so toxic to the forums.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Well I think we've all heard enough on quality control for a while!

Carry on but keep it clean and civil please!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Well I think we've all heard enough on quality control for a while!

Carry on but keep it clean and civil please!
I apologize for my outburst and for anything inappropriate. I've only met one member on this forum and that's you @North Idaho Wolfman and apologize for putting you in this situation. Sometimes I let things get to me that have no actual bearing on my life. I shall endeavor to do better.

Cathy Liebchen

Equipment
KUBOTA L3901, MX5800, MULE PRO FX, MULE PRO FXT
The dealer has been very responsive from day one, I have absolutely no complaints about them. This defect was costly to me though. I took two days off work to clear a half acre lot I own across town and arranged for the tractor delivery early Thursday morning to my home. My son and I drove to my employer Thursday morning to pick up a lowboy trailer before the delivery, about a 60 mile round trip. I'm not able to safely leave the tractor at the property so I needed to transport it. My lowboy needs new tires and rims but the 5 hole pattern rims could not be found locally. I wasted two days of vacation and 120 miles of gasoline because somebody at Kubota didn't do their job. This weekend the property was too wet because it rained for days so I still haven't been able to work with new tractor. Kind of puts Kubota in a bad light when you spend so much on something and couldn't use it.
Trying to line up and juggle so many things at once is the issue

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
My l2501 (made in Japan) was flawless, but the bucket (made in the US), had horrible welds with air bubbles in it and looked like garbage, with my neighbor even mentioning he worried how long it would last, especially if water got in the divots (it looked like a golf ball but deeper divots). I actually ground down the welds and my neighbor re-welded them. I for sure will not be buying any land pride implements in the future.
If you are referring to the orange painted bucket that came with your loader it was not manufactured by Land Pride. The orange buckets are manufactured in Georga.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
If you are referring to the orange painted bucket that came with your loader it was not manufactured by Land Pride. The orange buckets are manufactured in Georga.
Good to know!
Not a Land Pride (mfg.) issue!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know I get really tired of people bashing a brand they own,, if it sucks that bad, get rid of it,, cut your losses and buy something else and then you can whine about that as well. Just put your big girl pants on and get over it,,, my R4s suck but I dont bad mouth the tire they are not made for this application, or the tractor she does what it dose, with I do complain about is the clown the figured those tires are what needs to be on this machine !

• Wow

Trustable

Equipment
l2501HST
Jul 5, 2022
Michigan
good to know. The dealer said the bucket was land pride when I inquired about the choices of bucket that come with loader. Makes me feel better about the box blade I have That actually is land pride.