Kubota L47 intellipanel reads in metric measures

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
one final 'number'.... India's population is now GREATER than China's !!!!!

think about that a bit.....

Reactions: 1 user

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Gentlemen, I will try all of your suggestions tomorrow. Thank you for your help. Hopefully something will work, because sure as hell, Kubota doesn't care. Actually, I don't care, but something like this, being assembled and partially built in the US should have the the readouts in US measures. It's not a lot to ask. Lacking availability of US measures, this should be disclosed in the tractor specs to say the least. My 2018 Toyota truck reads in US measures. I mistakenly took for granted my tractor from Japan would.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
If all else fails take the tractor to dealership and start a warranty claim. This was done to me a couple times(as a GM tech) and I had to start a diagnostic case. It would take a few days but then the engineer that designed it would call and give me the Nintendo code to reset to metric or imperial. The engineers definitely designed in some Easter eggs when programming stuff, doesn't matter what it is.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
True. Imperial measurement put a man on the moon.
It was the width of a horse that kept man (or at least, US men and women) in space.

Roman roads were built to accommodate two horses harnessed side by side. Naturally, the carts and chariots they pulled were sized to fit on the road. Those carts dug ruts in unpaved roads, which over time became a standard. When railroads were invented, the rails were similarly spaced because early railroad cars used off-the-shelf axle assemblies. Although the trains themselves overhung the track, there's a limit to how wide and tall they could be and still be stable. Train tunnels and bridges over the tracks had to allow enough room for the biggest trains to fit.

Flash forward to the space age, and the solid rocket boosters had to be small enough to fit through the tunnels, as even segmented they were too heavy for roads and had to be transported by rail from Utah to Florida.

So ultimately, it was a horse's ass that limited the shuttle's payload. ;-)

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
hmm you'd think as they were assembled in the USA, they'd be set to 'american numbers' and not the World standard of Metric ??
Sadly it appears the selling dealer doesn't have a clue. This should have been at least noticed when the dealer went over every feature of the tractor for the new owner.
Maybe. Maybe not. Most, if not all, vehicles can be changed at will with the proper software and a laptop. Just depends on where their final destination is intended to be. Ford, VW, BMW, Hyundai, Stellantis...all manufacturers that I can change the displays and other things with freeware and a OBD dongle. It really shouldn't be too difficult.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It was the width of a horse that kept man (or at least, US men and women) in space.

Roman roads were built to accommodate two horses harnessed side by side. Naturally, the carts and chariots they pulled were sized to fit on the road. Those carts dug ruts in unpaved roads, which over time became a standard. When railroads were invented, the rails were similarly spaced because early railroad cars used off-the-shelf axle assemblies. Although the trains themselves overhung the track, there's a limit to how wide and tall they could be and still be stable. Train tunnels and bridges over the tracks had to allow enough room for the biggest trains to fit.

Flash forward to the space age, and the solid rocket boosters had to be small enough to fit through the tunnels, as even segmented they were too heavy for roads and had to be transported by rail from Utah to Florida.

So ultimately, it was a horse's ass that limited the shuttle's payload. ;-)
There were actually quite a number of rail gauges. Anywhere from 2.5 feet to 6 feet. Different areas and countries used different gauges. It wasn't until after the Civil War that US rail gauges were unified.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
There were actually quite a number of rail gauges. Anywhere from 2.5 feet to 6 feet. Different areas and countries used different gauges. It wasn't until after the Civil War that US rail gauges were unified.
Oh absolutely true. There's still places in the world and even within the US that use different gauges. But the "standard gauge" became standard because early on many US railroads were buying engines from England (where Romans built much of the original road network), and that was the most common gauge in England, so it became the most common gauge in the US. When the gauges were standardized for inter-operability, they picked the most common to minimize the miles of track and number of cars that had to be converted.

As a further aside, I think it's amazing that after the US civil war -- a time before automated track laying machines -- they managed to convert the southern tracks to standard gauge in only 2 days! We couldn't manage that today in 2 months.

We now return you to the regularly scheduled metric conversion conundrum...

Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
dongle...first used decades ago to refer to the addon hardware device used for 'security' purposes. it go installed between the parallel printer port of a PC and CNC machine / vinyl cutters. That way you couldn't use the peripheral without it. These days they just embed a microcomputer inside, like batteries and ink jet cartridges.

dongle as it 'dangled' off the printer port.......

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
dongle...first used decades ago to refer to the addon hardware device used for 'security' purposes. it go installed between the parallel printer port of a PC and CNC machine / vinyl cutters. That way you couldn't use the peripheral without it. These days they just embed a microcomputer inside, like batteries and ink jet cartridges.

dongle as it 'dangled' off the printer port.......
You should have started that off with .....

You know Narmy, it's a little known fact......
download.jpg

Thanks Cliffy 🍺

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
Well, I discovered how to change to US units of measure. I didn't sign on this morning, but I did look thru my service manual. As MapleLeafFarmer said, it is in option J. Hold down the mode button, turn the key on and select option J. Tap mode to go to MPH, then hold down mode to select MPH. Now everything is in US units.

I guess the dealer's lead mechanic doesn't have a service manual. Thank you everyone for your help.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Man ,I for one am HAPPY you got it 'configured'.... Now QUICK, write it down what you did, cause when you replace the battery..........

A 'smart' display would KNOW where you were (easy...GPS data) then adjust the 'units' accordingly...

I remember when Canada went 'metric' and the guv 'got it wrong' for fertilizer and seed rates...... ONLY the old timers who DIDN'T read ( used THEIR knowledge ) had good crops that year.......

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Man ,I for one am HAPPY you got it 'configured'.... Now QUICK, write it down what you did, cause when you replace the battery..........

A 'smart' display would KNOW where you were (easy...GPS data) then adjust the 'units' accordingly...

I remember when Canada went 'metric' and the guv 'got it wrong' for fertilizer and seed rates...... ONLY the old timers who DIDN'T read ( used THEIR knowledge ) had good crops that year.......
Its ok he can always come back on here and see how he fixed it! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users