kubota info, OK , but then dont ask everyone else the same....

Balvar24

Equipment
L3800 HST, 5ft Rotary Cutter, 5ft Box Blade, Pallet Forks, 72" Rotary Tiller
Feb 18, 2014
Rock Ridge
I've found that when you open yourself up to dealing with the public, you're forced to deal with all of the public.

texoak51

Equipment
kubota m6800hd, modern 7' highway special brush hog, box blade, duel 3point hay
Feb 26, 2014
owasso,ok
I don,t feel anyone should be offended simply because someone asks the same question more than once. I t doesn,t necessarily mean a person does,t trust an individuals opinion but more that they need more clarification and understanding. I had a algebra teacher in jr high that would answer a question once and if you asked again due to not understanding he would get offended and say he pulled it out of his hat ,needless to say most algebra I learned from outside the classroom instead of him

Joisey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L47 TLB
May 31, 2015
Wild, Wonderful West Virginia
I'm reminded of something my Mother told me some fifty years ago. "Just because it comes easily to you, doesn't mean it comes easily to everyone else. Be happy for your gift and understand that other people are probably gifted in other areas."

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
Re: kubota info

as in the title really guys, and yes i am having a moan:mad:

If have no problems offering info to anyone if it helps them out, i'm allways doing it especially manual data, but please, dont ask me for info which i supply then go and ask everyone else for the same data that i just supplied, it just wastes my time :(
i just fail to see the point of it.....

moan over ...
rob
They are called "ask holes" got quite a few at work too .

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I'm reminded of something my Mother told me some fifty years ago. "Just because it comes easily to you, doesn't mean it comes easily to everyone else. Be happy for your gift and understand that other people are probably gifted in other areas."
In round about ways you just hit the nail on the head.

Often a person will ask what appears to be the same question not cause they didn't like the answer they just got...... it is because they are searching still for an answer their brain can wrap around. Every brain works/learns different. Not just a saying. That's what my 6 years of academic study in the field of learning strongly points out.

If it puts you off that someone did not get "YOUR" answer and did get it after someone repeated it (in a different way they understood)........ the problem is your own ego.

Coach a very complex sport that involves 100% physics and 500% mental and daily have to attempt to get things across to kids in various ways be it technique...... or how to over come the fear, anxiety, etc...... and fail and then have to try other ways and fail..... and finally get it across...... or drop my head in utter defeat (but happy cause they got it) when a classmate says something totally incorrect but for some reason it got it to "click" in the students mind. Heck I've even told students to do within a skill an action in what would be a biomechanically inefficient and would make the skill in the world of physics NOT WORK....... yet knowing the kid would exaggerate or under effort what Im asking them to do..... with an end result of them doing what........ I'm really asking them to do.

Sidenote-

Also; remember when you post an answer to a question your are NOT just posting to the one reader. You are posting to hundreds of people who have the same question or will in the future. Sure, Joe Blow who asked the question may not have understood your response and ask's it again..... But Bob, Greg, Suzy, Mary and countless others did get an education from your fine response. And they got potentially even deeper learning from all the responses combined that answered the same question with a different approach.

So in the end....... It's ALL (the answers) GOOD. :D

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: kubota info

You're welcome to use it every time you answer one of my posts! :D

LMAO !!! :D

here is an acronym for the masses !!! Tell someone to "F O C U S" at work on what they are doing.........

what is really means :

F#*@ OFF 'Cause U SUCK!!!!

ok a woman told me that!!!!!
she wwaaassss kidding .....
I think !:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I think you all should attend a council meeting for your local government, the questions asked get repeated until a councillor gives the better answer.
I was blown away by the questions,not to mention the 10 minute speech that was supposed to be a question.
Was on my bucket list-wont do that again.

If i try to help solve a problem, i do my best to get a point across.
Example, no crank-dash goes dead and comes back on a few minutes later.
Just explained to someone over the phone- battery and or cables and their connecting points.

Gentleman just called me- was a bad ground and a crappy battery.
I made zero dollars, but my reputation went up a notch. Good enough for me.

Also, fixing things over the internet, is just like giving a haircut over the phone, it physically cannot be done.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I've learned a lot over the time I've been here since buying my first diesel tractor. There are a few who really do have the experience to answer anything that comes along. Bulldog is one that comes to mind right off. Thank God the forum has folks like him for folks like myself. As far as more then one person answering my question ....I always welcome it. But its good to know there is at least one member who is #1...and will tell you so.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
I values everyone's opinion whether i like it or not. I think making informed decisions are good decisions. Also remember with text its hard to determine tone and many maybe just trying to be helpful.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
I work with people of various capabilities all day long in a very confusing/complex field (computers). Tractors are relatively easy by comparison as they tend to have far fewer input commands and operate on more common sense principles.

Sometimes, it is all how the question is asked as well as how it is answered. We should be very careful not to assume we've even read the question correctly or fully understand what the asking person is requesting. I can tell you from 3 decades of experience on computers that only an expert can put a significantly concise question about computers together in a couple of sentences that other experts can understand. The more of a novice they are, the longer it takes to actually get to the bottom of what they are asking for or issue they are actually experiencing.

Same is true for tractors. I can usually tell when someone is an expert looking for another experts input. I can also tell when someone needs to provide more information than "It doesn't work when it used to." and know what level of operator they are.

Either way, I've found it's best to ask more questions myself of the asker if I'm unsure of what they are getting at. I certainly don't care if someone doesn't take my advice or counsel on something as I only know what I know and it may be different for someone else that knows more or can explain it better.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Link added to Ultimate [[READ ME]]

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
There are many times, asking too many questions to find a solution may drive someone off. Not the intention. I recall something more like an interview that brought me to a solution to an intermittent problem. I poured a cup of coffee and sat with customer in waiting room,discovered car was in a collision some time ago and was repaired by insurance company, wiring was damaged and not repaired properly and caused intermittent faults. One big nick in harness, it would have taken days to find....

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
wfm,,,, bulldog don't know crap, he calls me for answers and them posts them to get credit..((really big grin, bulldog lives close to me))

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
othumpa,, does your cave have a door??? I try to read every post hopeing I will learn something from whoever is haveing the problem and who is trying to help. That being said, on another forum, there is one guy I will not evenattempt to help. If you ask him to ck something( pressure, volts) , he never does and then to close the post he makes up some fix, most of which I know are not true. I do wish those here would at least make an effort to let us know what the final outcome was, even if the problem never got fixed.

Timirvin3

Equipment
Bv 4160
May 9, 2021
Liberty ky
I need help on bv 4160 rolled 20 plus rolls hay would not work on auto then 3 belts came un lace while bailing . Any thoughts?

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Lots of people talk out their a$$.....so that's why people don't take one answer from an "expert"

We don't all know each other personally, so that is why people "shop" around for answers.

I see lots of inaccurate info from time to time. And I also see lots of really good info.

So I can see both sides of the fence here.

Reactions: 1 user

CGMKCM

Equipment
RVT-1100C, ZD323, L4760
Jan 26, 2021
Randolph county N.C.
I need help on bv 4160 rolled 20 plus rolls hay would not work on auto then 3 belts came un lace while bailing . Any thoughts?
I would start a new post topic with 4160 in the title. I think you will get more feedback than on a topic from 2014.

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
kubota info

as in the title really guys, and yes i am having a moan:mad:

If have no problems offering info to anyone if it helps them out, i'm allways doing it especially manual data, but please, dont ask me for info which i supply then go and ask everyone else for the same data that i just supplied, it just wastes my time :(
i just fail to see the point of it.....

moan over ...
rob

Pretty much the nature of the beast... the same with all innanet forums/ One either embraces it, or moves on.
Other folks want to possibly help also, and could maybe add a point or two. really, nothing wrong with that.

I have a stupid question I want to ask also, but i'm holding off..