Kubota front weights dimensions: Need help pls!

Africa

Equipment
Kubota B2410 and Locust slasher
Mar 8, 2010
Durban, KZN, South Africa
Hi,

Can anyone help me with dimensions of real kubota front weights. A drawing or photo with measurements will help a lot. I have a Kubota 2410 and a mate will laser cut some weights for me. I use a Locust 125 slasher on it and need some front ballast.

Thank you,
from Africa

Africa

Equipment
Kubota B2410 and Locust slasher
Mar 8, 2010
Durban, KZN, South Africa
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to cut rectangle 20mm steel: 300X150 about 7kg each and bolt about 7 onto the front, should be sufficient. Will post a pc when its done!

irish

Equipment
B7200
Jan 18, 2010
Ireland
Hi Africa,
I have a homemade concrete weight on a B7200 (17hp)
It is 19 inches wide, 12 inches high and 6 inches deep.
It simply has 2 flat bars bolted through the the conctete (when wet) and bent over the front bracket of the tractor. It can be lifted off when not needed. I guess it weighs about 50 kgs. I'll put up a photo if you need it.
Good luck with whatever you come up with.
Irish

irish

Equipment
B7200
Jan 18, 2010
Ireland
Hi Africa,
Just read your post again. Apologies, you were looking for dimensions of Kubota weights.
Ignore previous post about the concrete plz.
Irish

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Africa dusty shows you what kind of people we have on this site dusty roamed around and found you a picture :Dshould have known dusty would come thru.handy

B7100

Equipment
B7100,B7100 with Backhoe and FEL, Goldoni Quad 20
Feb 11, 2010
Wales
Thanks for the reply, I'm going to cut rectangle 20mm steel: 300X150 about 7kg each and bolt about 7 onto the front, should be sufficient. Will post a pc when its done!
Have you considered increasing the size to give more weight?
I have 3 weights off a Massy Ferguson 135 on my B7100 each one is 25.5kgs but could do with more to stop the front lifting.The weights off quite a few tractors will fit on a Kubota front weight frame! ..if you look at the pictures I posted in "What Topper"you will see the weights on my tractor.
http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1240&page=2
Dave

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi Africa,
I have a homemade concrete weight on a B7200 (17hp)
It is 19 inches wide, 12 inches high and 6 inches deep.
It simply has 2 flat bars bolted through the the conctete (when wet) and bent over the front bracket of the tractor. It can be lifted off when not needed. I guess it weighs about 50 kgs. I'll put up a photo if you need it.
Good luck with whatever you come up with.
Irish
Irish, I'd like to see pic's of that. Please post the pic's.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
OOPS. This is the other one.
Irish,
Thank you for taking the time and posting the pictures of your front end weight. I like it and from the looks of the mud in your tires it's for surely doing it's job holding the front end down. Do you pretty much never take it off as it looks heavy enough to send one to the hospital if tinkered with.

What is the crawler next to the Kubota :rolleyes:

Thank you,
Scott

irish

Equipment
B7200
Jan 18, 2010
Ireland
Hi Scot,

It is kept on usually, except when I have to move the tractor on a trailer.
I take it off to reduce the length.

It is manageable by one person but just about. It sould probably have been made in 2 pieces for that reason.

The tracks are on a Yanmar mini digger, - my other toy!
Regards,
irish