Kubota emulator

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Thanks for the insults back at me!
Love this kind of input.
One of the other mods deleted you and I lifted it because I will prove to you your tractor has been modified by someone other than the factory!
Kubota Corp knows your not telling the whole story or that there is something wrong, because if they installed it they would be fixing it.
It's an aftermarket part that was put on by someone that wanted to get rid of the tractor.
This is not an insult, or calling you a liar, it's just plain facts!
Pictures of your "factory emulator" and it's location installed, pictures or your "factory wiring of that emulator" and still installed engine emissions components would help a lot of us, help you.

The B3350's have a long problematic history that is well documented, and this is exactly why kubota has a lifetime emissions warranty on that model and none other!
Lets start at completely unraveling this:

These are all the electrical parts:
No where in here will you find an emulator!
View attachment 107081

View attachment 107082

View attachment 107083

View attachment 107084

Here are the schematics for both versions of the wiring and components, find me the emulator, you can't!
It does not exist in factory wiring.

View attachment 107086

View attachment 107087

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Lots of popcorn eating and Beer drinking in this thread. Better than the oil wars!!!!

Reactions: 4 users

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Thank you for the drawings. I have downloaded them all. Sir i really know that what you are saying isn’t true, i really believe what i am saying is true. Maybe the women that i ordered will help. The main reason i feel i am right is that all of the wires on the reformer go back to the ecu. All of the wires going to the emulator go to the ecu. If what you are saying is true there would only one set of wires. I am truly sorry for getting angry with you. I was injuries at work with a spinal injury, the reason for buying the kubota. First new tractor i have ever owned need it to lift things.i also bought a tiller with it to try and have tomatoes and vegetables. I have been on a fixed income since march of twenty twelve. It really hurts me to spend the money i have on the tractor. After the regional manger refused to work on it after 5 years i have had to do it myself. It is extremely painful for me but i have not her choice. I broke down and bought another now when i have the money i can work on it as i can. That is one reason for the short fuse. The other I am a Marine sergeant I have real issues with disrespect and lastly i do not know if you know anything about the Mason’s I am a 32 degree Manson i have taken many oaths about my charter and trying to being upright as i can i am not perfect but i try as hard as i can. Another reason for the anger, i am so very sorry for getting angry an so very GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP so can we please just agree to disagree i have only shared this wit you and other so i could apologize for my uglines. I am sorry if i offended anyone with my post. At least i did not cuss anyone out. I am trying hard to stop that. Thanks Tom

Reactions: 1 user

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Simple answer is anyone in a Kubota shop working on it is going to know it was bypassed for a length of time as the computer logs that info, and thus automatically voids the warranty.
I don't think there is a way to get it back into the warranty program.
The main issue I see is the question of what damage has been done to the wiring / computer / emissions / engine.
There are two sets of wires one for the reformer and one set for the emulator they wind and wrap all the way to the ecu it would be nearly impossible to get the wires back after market.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Oh I just discovered something very interesting, to interesting to be a coincidence.
Sheads new light on things.

This was a post from tom jones in 2020 in the thread " B3350 DPF Bypass"

View attachment 107131

And low and behold 5 posts later

View attachment 107133
WOW the same emulator that tom jones discovered in his tractor. :rolleyes:
What are the odds of this? 🤔
You know i have greatly said that I have had to work on it myself since 2019 so you know what’s you can do with your reply imange that.

Hkb82

Equipment
M7060, Ford 5600, can-am defender
Nov 17, 2021
Ontario Canada
Yeah, imagine that. You come back on with apologies then end it with where someone can put reply. At the beginning of this thread, I felt bad for you, and I actually thought you had been taken advantage of by a dealer now I’m not so sure.
everybody on this thread seems to have the same opinion yet you want to disagree with all of them I guess if you know as much as you think you know you would have a working tractor right now, sometimes listening to people and having a civil conversation works way better. Nothing about your situation seems to make sense. I can’t help but wonder if you still own this tractor as nobody would take it on trade due to it being deleted. Maybe we can’t agree who installed it but I think we can all agree it’s been installed. Not documenting and saving the records wasn’t the greatest move either on a tractor you have had problems from the beginning. Unless you’ve peed off the dealers also they will be able to print ya off the service records but I’m doubtful they will send ya the emails back. From what I have seen so far this tractor has been nothing but issues for you since new so I think you should sell it for whatever you can and enjoy your new tractor.

Reactions: 2 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
quick chek says the B3350 came out about 10 years ago for about $20K. IF it was 'up and running' it might actually fetch 15to 20K , knowing how crazy prices are.
But, it seems to have had a fire or got mighty dang hot under the hood,been modified and currently not running, so from a resell point might get $5K ?? Add to that DPF,ECU and a whole lot of $$ will be needed to get it properly 'up and running'.
I've bought a lot of gas tractors,most non-running in the past 3 decades,far easier to get 'up and running'.

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
At all the many forums I am a member of, and the ones I modded on, OP's responses towards a respected mod here, would quickly get either a time out or a ban. As has been mentioned, one can only imagine how the interaction with the dealer has evolved. I'm not up on the new tractor emission laws, but if anyone associated with Kubota installed illegal equipment to defeat the standards of the time it was manufactured, I would think epa or similar agency could get involved.

Reactions: 2 users

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Yet still the OP does not give us pictures or answers about the reformer. We need answers to be able to help guide you to get the tractor going. Also it is 25 HP is the limit for tractors before emissions are needed, that's why my tractor is at 24.8 HP and my brother bought his used(L3240)((I told him to go bigger)) I am sure if the OP just wants it gone we could start an auction. Also in cooler temperatures your tractor might have a bra to help raise underhood temperatures to clean the reformer, make sure you use this if going the fix tractor and keep emissions route. I use the bra in the winter time on mine just to keep the temperatures in the sweet spot(snowblowing in shorts and t-shirt). I wondering if the emulator(that just appeared)) and the reformer is still in place. Also just because I do not own that model does not mean I do not know anything about it(before the LX was checking on Craigslist, Facebook, and local dealers for a screaming deal on a B3350 with a cab). I just knew what I was getting into and how to resolve concerns thru a lot of research.

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
… in cooler temperatures your tractor might have a bra to help raise underhood temperatures to clean the reformer
Your comment may be totally appropriate, since the OP has mentioned women at least several times in different posts. Of course, I realize they were probably typos… but I think, offering a bra as a solution for the OP’s problem is pretty cool! 😂

edit: Or should that be kewl? Guess I’m showing my age…

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
At all the many forums I am a member of, and the ones I modded on, OP's responses towards a respected mod here, would quickly get either a time out or a ban. As has been mentioned, one can only imagine how the interaction with the dealer has evolved. I'm not up on the new tractor emission laws, but if anyone associated with Kubota installed illegal equipment to defeat the standards of the time it was manufactured, I would think epa or similar agency could get involved.
Their there is a class action law suit. It showed up in a search for the b3350su search at any rate.
Yeah, imagine that. You come back on with apologies then end it with where someone can put reply. At the beginning of this thread, I felt bad for you, and I actually thought you had been taken advantage of by a dealer now I’m not so sure.
everybody on this thread seems to have the same opinion yet you want to disagree with all of them I guess if you know as much as you think you know you would have a working tractor right now, sometimes listening to people and having a civil conversation works way better. Nothing about your situation seems to make sense. I can’t help but wonder if you still own this tractor as nobody would take it on trade due to it being deleted. Maybe we can’t agree who installed it but I think we can all agree it’s been installed. Not documenting and saving the records wasn’t the greatest move either on a tractor you have had problems from the beginning. Unless you’ve peed off the dealers also they will be able to print ya off the service records but I’m doubtful they will send ya the emails back. From what I have seen so far this tractor has been nothing but issues for you since new so I think you should sell it for whatever you can and enjoy your new tractor.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I was up most of the night before laid down around around noon just woke up. I did mean the apologies i should have not got mad. The women part was typo’s I am using an I pad and if you do not watch the recomnbed word it will put the one highlighted in the box iI was trying to put wsm and it defaulted to women. Your entitled to your option but the emulator was installed from the factory new. That may be one of the reasons with not getting hot enough nit would not regen properly

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Yet still the OP does not give us pictures or answers about the reformer. We need answers to be able to help guide you to get the tractor going. Also it is 25 HP is the limit for tractors before emissions are needed, that's why my tractor is at 24.8 HP and my brother bought his used(L3240)((I told him to go bigger)) I am sure if the OP just wants it gone we could start an auction. Also in cooler temperatures your tractor might have a bra to help raise underhood temperatures to clean the reformer, make sure you use this if going the fix tractor and keep emissions route. I use the bra in the winter time on mine just to keep the temperatures in the sweet spot(snowblowing in shorts and t-shirt). I wondering if the emulator(that just appeared)) and the reformer is still in place. Also just because I do not own that model does not mean I do not know anything about it(before the LX was checking on Craigslist, Facebook, and local dealers for a screaming deal on a B3350 with a cab). I just knew what I was getting into and how to resolve concerns thru a lot of research.
Thank you

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
I did buy a new tractor which is stated in the post before yours

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Folks i am thru defending myself. I will only respond to helpful comments on the tractor. With that being said the last thing done was to drain the fuel from the tank and filter. The displays works the fuel pump starter and glow plugs will orf if i bypass the relays if they are not bypassed the fuel pump the starter will not work can’t ttell if the glow plugs do or don’t with out it being by passed. Next steps is to reconnect the filter and fuel lines. If there are no more ideals on the next steps will remove the covering on the wiring and continue to look for problems. I replaced the fuse box with inline fuses the wires in the back were staffed and were most likely shorting at times. Thanks those who have tried to help

MountainMeadows

Equipment
L2501, JD 655, Ford 841, JD 6x4 Gator, Gravely 432.
Jun 6, 2022
Poconos, PA
I can't help with your emissions issues. This is the main reason I chose a few less horsepower for no emissions but with all this talk about women...........

A1C438CB-9ABC-43D3-954C-D858E691F93F.jpeg

Smile Guys............ Life's Too Short!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users