Kubota emulator

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
If his story is true, someone has duped this person and now years later he's paying the price for it.
Like I said earlier, it's sad someone did this, as this model has a lifetime emissions warranty and would be fixed free of charge.
Because of someone adding a delete / bypass to it, it's now a rouge tractor that no dealer or kubota will touch.
Question on this…
Assuming that the emulator was installed into the factory wiring harness, nothing else done to the emissions system. Tractor warranty is void of course. But now remove the emulator and return the factory wiring back to original state by repair or replacement. Would that return the warranty on the tractor?

That is what I would pursue myself if I had not installed the device myself as the OP has stated several times.

If the filter is gutted (and expensive) then I might not pursue it.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Again,we'd have to see pictures of the engine and surrounding area, but I suspect , since it's been documented as a 'modified' tractor, for sure Kubota won't warranty the engine. Unknown about the emissions stuff, would have to see the 'paperwork' from Kubota as to what IS under warranty.

My gut is telling me the DPF isn't gutted,it's PLUGGED (full of soot ). That may explain why the engine will start then shut off. The 'computer' allows it to start, reads the sensors, then may try a regen, fails, and shuts down the engine. The 'computer' might try say 5-10 times,fail 5-10 times, then 'lockout', to prevent any more starts. Similar to logging in to banks and such.... 5 wrong passwords and you have to cal the bank to reset.
Kinda curious to know the hours on the engine.

Reactions: 1 user

Elliott in GA

Equipment
LX 2610SU w/535,LP RCR1860,FDR1660,SGC0554,FSP500, DD BBX60005
Mar 10, 2021
North Georgia
Question on this…
Assuming that the emulator was installed into the factory wiring harness, nothing else done to the emissions system. Tractor warranty is void of course. But now remove the emulator and return the factory wiring back to original state by repair or replacement. Would that return the warranty on the tractor?

That is what I would pursue myself if I had not installed the device myself as the OP has stated several times.

Returning the tractor to OEM configuration would not make much progress in terms of any warranty with regard to items/systems that could have been compromised/damaged by the alteration.

You would essentially have to be able to prove the alteration and use in the altered state did not cause the problem for which you are seeking warranty repair. The burden would be on the claimant to prove it.

It is difficult to image the costs of experts would make it feasible - even if it were true.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
On a GM vehicle, the tech can upload pictures and/or the checksum files and it is permanently void. Depending on how the tech words the concern/findings it could be just the engine warranty is void or complete vehicle and nobody knows unless the service advisors run the VIN. I have been screwed by a service advisor not running the VIN and I was told to perform the repairs under warranty. After it was done/fixed/gone and the claim was submitted to GM for reimbursement it was discovered that the warranty was completely voided(IIRC flood damaged)It took a lot of bitching to get paid for this job. But back to the original branch of discussion. I have only voided the warranty a few times, Usually right after being call stupid(and I have proof that the tune damaged the engine/transmission or the guy was a scammer(used car flippers buying flooded cars and not disclosing this to new owners). I was wondering if the OP's original concern was the $2400 repair and that the dealership is trying to replace the harness and then warranty what is necessary. I am not sure on Kubota's policy is for this. The OP still has not posted any pictures of harness or engine. I am also curious if the DPF/SCR is a empty shell or a plugged up sooted brick. As that would determine which way to go to get tractor working again.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
The biggest issue is that I can not find an accurate schematic for the wiring diagram. It would be really helpful to have a ladder diagram of the ecu program I am sure that. Will never happen. I got the tractor to run three days ago thought I had fixed it.. wrapped the wiring harness back up and the darn thing would not do anything except the display would work. I do not mean to be ugly to anyone I came here to get help not to be insulted.
You now have a schematic to use. From what I’ve read on the emulator wires are cut and then the emulator is spliced into the wires. I assume you have basically removed the emulator from the tractor wiring but I am not 100% sure what is done at this time or what wire was too short to repair.

Please post a picture or description of what was to short to repair and describe what stat the tractor is in when it was running.

I suggest you try to return it to factory (eliminate the emulator) and see if the DPF is whole. But I have no idea how to determine what the interior of the DPF would be “whole”

Good luck and keep posting. You can also put people on “ignore”. somehow I believe but it is difficult to follow a thread if you do that.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
bored... I went to the seller's website and watched the 'installation' video... My turkish is bad,but there are English subtitles ! Several minutes in there is a picture of what the 11 wires colours and where they go !!
Maybe someone familiar with youtube can 'cut and paste' that 'frame'. From the video ,it's clear YOU have to cut and splice into the engine wiring harness. It 'looks' like they read the DPF pressure, and 3 temperatures then 'fudged' the numbers and send them to the ECU via the CANbus. Maybe, I don't know as I don't have that emulator on my bench. There is no 'user interface'....just splice in 11 wires and 'it works'. Amazing, since their wiring doesn't conform to CANbus specs.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
This is a very entertaining topic, I do feel really bad for the OP. If the OP does go down the road of a replacement emulator(which is illegal)((nobody will/should install this except the owner)) do not be surprised that the country of origin is overseas or Canada. Also if the OP removes the sensors in the reformer, ya might be able to see inside of it. Another stupid law that the EPA has is you can not buy a used catalytic convertor and install it(must be new)((even if the new aftermarket one is not as good as a factory one))((aftermarket cats suck). The OP might try searchtempest and try to locate a reformer. Again not legal to sell, but, I have seen them on craiglist/facebook. I still don't think NIW will give it a sticky status. 🤣

• Haha

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Question on this…

Simple answer is anyone in a Kubota shop working on it is going to know it was bypassed for a length of time as the computer logs that info, and thus automatically voids the warranty.
I don't think there is a way to get it back into the warranty program.
The main issue I see is the question of what damage has been done to the wiring / computer / emissions / engine.

Russell King

Equipment
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Simple answer is anyone in a Kubota shop working on it is going to know it was bypassed for a length of time as the computer logs that info, and thus automatically voids the warranty.
I don't think there is a way to get it back into the warranty program.
The main issue I see is the question of what damage has been done to the wiring / computer / emissions / engine.
My old L185 only has a very basic electrical system so I always make the mistake that all tractors are still simple mechanical systems and forget about the computer on newer tractors and how they log information.

Thank you for reminding me of that fact on data storage.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Is the only warranty left just on the emissions(DPF/DOC) side on the tractor? Could the OP post a record of the service history?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Tom Jones greatest hits!

your moderators do a shitty job. If you want to call people liars and dispute what is being ask and assault people’s word you should keep your ugly comments to yourself.
Your wrong I know exactly what was done and I am back so your wrong and stupid on two counts.
I do not mean to be ugly to anyone I came here to get help not to be insulted.
Oh by the way I reported your rudeness expect contact from kubota
Would love to hear from them!

They total history with this tractor and all the times I have tried to get kubota to fix it would take several pages. I have been an electronic instrument tech for 40 years. It is hard to work on something without the data you need. Thanks again
So in 14 years you've never been able to get a WSM?

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This thread is kinda like watching an old John McEnroe tennis match....
Lots of back and forth with the occasional tantrum.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Oh I just discovered something very interesting, to interesting to be a coincidence.
Sheads new light on things.

This was a post from tom jones in 2020 in the thread " B3350 DPF Bypass"

1689228839338.png

And low and behold 5 posts later

1689229381526.png

WOW the same emulator that tom jones discovered in his tractor. :rolleyes:
What are the odds of this? 🤔

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Oh I just discovered something very interesting, to interesting to be a coincidence.
Sheads new light on things.

This was a post from tom jones in 2020 in the thread " B3350 DPF Bypass"

View attachment 107131

And low and behold 5 posts later

View attachment 107133
WOW the same emulator that tom jones discovered in his tractor. :rolleyes:
What are the odds of this? 🤔
Thank you for the added information you provided. I am sorry for my response to your replies to my questions. I will also post this in the main thread. I really felt you were calling me a liar. I am not. Until the last time the tractor died I never touched the wiring harness. I never got the swim for three four reasons. I was stupid enough to think that I could get the data I needed from this group, Kubota, my knowledge and was to cheap to pay for the women’s. After Kubota refused to fix the emission system under warranty and wanted a outrageous amount to. Fix it. I was stuck. I started looking for any way I could get the tractor to run. The manager felt sorry for me I guess He told me that there were no interlocks in the ecu to shut down the tractor if a regen did not work. That the only thing that would happen was the filter would plug and the tractor would slowly bog down. I am not a tractor tech. I was stupid enough to believe the regional rep who refused to continue to work on the emission system. I have contacted over 50 salvage companyes look for a salvage harness with the emulator on it. No luck. The emulator went to the ecu along with the reformer. It was on it when I got it. The wiring harness is so full of wires that there is no way it was added afterward. I did not know it was on there until I started tracing the wires one by one and came across the melted box or heat damaged box. I did not know about the web site until I took the pictures of the boards. I was told by the regional rep that the tractor was the first ones that had it on it. I think Kubota knew the tractor would not generate enough heat to burn the carbon correctly and put the emulator on it to help with errors on it. I really not sure what is currently wrong with it. I know that after I temporarily fixed the emulator it started and ran once. So with that said it either the emulator or when I fixed it I put pressure on the harness a loose connection to make contact and caused it to start. When I rewarded the wiring harness I must have pulled it loose again. I have made a lot of mistakes mostly trusting what I was told by Kubota. They must have started the life time warranty on the emissions after the regional manager refused to fix mine. They never contacted me with that information. The other mistake was not keeping the endless emails and documents for the issues with the emissions. There are other things I could add but this is already a long post The last thing I will add here is that when I bought tractor the dealer told me not all new tractors had the emissions controls. Those under 30 hp and tractors that do heat up enough to burn the carbon. The b3350su is a 33hp tractor and does not produce enough heat to burn the carbon so to meet standers it has to have the emission control.. Thank you for trying to help. I think I have covered all of the confusion of this thread. So that is it. If you or anyone else have questions please ask.

tomjones2266

Equipment
b3350
Oct 7, 2017
Ralston, Ok
Tom, here is a site selling that emulator for $99. https://www.canbusemulator.com/dpf-emulatorleri/kubota-dpf-emulatoru
I would be sure your dpf is clean, buy a new emulator and see if that doesn't get you running.
Thank you for your kindness I have it saved have to wait till I have more money to get it. Between the parts I have replaced I have replaced and the new tractor my money is really have to build it back up again. It sucks being on a fixed income lol