Kubota BX Winter Front Cover

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Here’s the new BX winter front cover that will fit all the BX ’80 series compact tractors, including the BX23S.

This is a one-piece cover that attaches with concealed magnets to the air intake grill work below the steering wheel. And just like the other covers available, it requires no tools for a quick easy on/off.

Thanks to Joe for supplying this picture of his cover installed on his BX1880.
Kubota BX 80 Series Cover.jpg

If you have a soft cab this will help with the influx of outside cold air being drawn into your cab and between your legs on its way through the radiator. You may need to provide an alternate fresh air source to the radiator, such as removing a plate that should be below the battery, etc.

You could also just fold back an end of this cover, re-attach it to the grill work, giving you the size of air opening you need to help maintain your preferred engine temperature while blowing snow or operating in wintertime temps.

For current pricing and availability see Post #1 on the “For Sale” listing of the different winter front covers available.

Reactions: 1 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The BX23S is designed so that it gets its engine cooling air from the sides of the engine cover, not the grill inside of the cab. Do you make a cover for just the hood of the Series 80 tractors? I can send you pictures of the BX23S cab mounted on the tractor. I am inclined to believe that if the covers were put over the hood of the tractor it would help to insulate the engine from the cold and increase the engine temperature for better heater performance.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
The BX23S is designed so that it gets its engine cooling air from the sides of the engine cover, not the grill inside of the cab. Do you make a cover for just the hood of the Series 80 tractors? I can send you pictures of the BX23S cab mounted on the tractor. I am inclined to believe that if the covers were put over the hood of the tractor it would help to insulate the engine from the cold and increase the engine temperature for better heater performance.
Hi Dusty,
I don't have any patterns for the sides of the hood. But they should be fairly easy to make after coming up with a paper pattern.

If you'd like to send some pics of the sides and hood, I'd be happy to help work up a pattern and set of covers for you and whoever else might benefit from them. Once a plan is made....it's fairly easy to make an accurate pattern from some heavier weight paper. Once we have that the rest is pretty straight forward.

Message me with your thoughts and those pics and let's see what we can come up with!!

David