Just bought a repo BX23S on auction (title edited)

ejb11235

Equipment
BX23S, Braber BBR4G 4' Box Blade & LRM5G 5' landscape rake
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
First time tractor owner and first-time poster!

I just bought my first tractor on auction last week and transported it last night. 2020 BX23S with 17 hours on the meter. First time driving it was backing down the ramps off a dump trailer in the dark. Everything went smoothly without any mishaps.

I've started reading the operator's manual and am still figuring the terminology and organization. I'm seeing a fair number of mistakes in the diagrams too. Maybe my PDF is from a early version.

My question is this: in the description of the machine on the auction site, it says "2 Mid-Mount Remotes, Mid-Mount PTO, 1 Rear Remotes" I assume the mid-mount remotes would be hydraulic circuits in the middle of the tractor, and the rear remote would be at the back of the tractor. Does my tractor actually have these? And if so, how do I control them?

Thanks!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Take a picture of your right side control area, do you have buttons on your loader joystick? Do you have any hydraulic fittings mounted on the loader or at the 3pt at the back? I have the same tractor, never heard of a 23s having mid mount remotes? Rear remotes would be 2 fittings at your 3pt, you will have 1 more lever on your controls than I do.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
sure hope that you got a good deal on the tractor because it is obvious that the auction house didn't know what they were selling...

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Thanks! I don't have the third-function buttons on the loader joystick.

I had done some research before I bid. I wasn't really expecting that I had these remotes, so I'm not particularly perturbed by this apparent error.

I won't be able to look at the actual controls for a couple of days, but will take some pictures when I can.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I just realized that I have the pictures from the auction site ...

In the manual, there's a place for two additional control levers. What do those levers do? I don't have them on my tractor.
extra controls.png

empty slot where those levers would be
my-bx23s-controls.jpg

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Those WOULD be the 'dual rear remote' levers.....they'll control two ,double acting cylinders, 24/7
If I keep my BX23S I'll add them instead of the '3rd function' kit.

BTW, I'd sure love to know what the dealer was saying !!!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Those WOULD be the 'dual rear remote' levers.....they'll control two ,double acting cylinders, 24/7
If I keep my BX23S I'll add them instead of the '3rd function' kit.

BTW, I'd sure love to know what the dealer was saying !!!
I got a copy of the installation instructions for this accessory, and to use it on the BX23S will require scrapping the hard lines that come with the kit and using rubber hoses and relocation of the remotes to the outside of the ROPS instead of the inside of the ROPS as intended by Kubota. I wonder why Kubota didn't make a separate kit to use with the BX23S? Possibly landPride will come to the rescue and design a similar kit with hard lines for the BX23S?

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Fascinating!

My unit was a repo, and I established good relations with the service manager at the dealership that was holding it on behalf of Kubota Financial. I'm going to call him next week and try to get a definitive answer about the description in the listing as it pertains to mid and rear remotes.

As I initially mentioned, I never actually thought I had all the remotes that were described in the listing, so I'm not particularly perturbed if I don't have them.

EDIT: I'm so ignorant about this ... I've been wondering how the three point hitch was raised and lowered ... thought it was the draw bar ... I'm looking at the pictures thinking "wow, it sure looks like that mount point is part of the tractor frame" ... then finally realized it's the bottom arms that are actuated by the hydraulics. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
BTW, the
I got a copy of the installation instructions for this accessory, and to use it on the BX23S will require scrapping the hard lines that come with the kit and using rubber hoses and relocation of the remotes to the outside of the ROPS instead of the inside of the ROPS as intended by Kubota. I wonder why Kubota didn't make a separate kit to use with the BX23S? Possibly landPride will come to the rescue and design a similar kit with hard lines for the BX23S?
There's another post on the forum that has the installation instructions LINK How did you determine that the hard lines don't work with the BX23S?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
BTW, the

There's another post on the forum that has the installation instructions LINK How did you determine that the hard lines don't work with the BX23S?
Right from the dealer I got mine from. The 23s built in BH frame prevents the kit from being a direct bolt on from the none BH models. It’s also been posted around on here as well.

Reactions: 1 users

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I think I figured it out ... the "mid-mount remotes" are the loader controls, and the "rear-mount remote" is the three point hitch.

But this was good ... I learned about "dual rear remote levers"

Thanks for your help!

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Take a picture of your right side control area, do you have buttons on your loader joystick? Do you have any hydraulic fittings mounted on the loader or at the 3pt at the back? I have the same tractor, never heard of a 23s having mid mount remotes? Rear remotes would be 2 fittings at your 3pt, you will have 1 more lever on your controls than I do.
Maybe they were referring to the loader joystick hydraulic block when they referred to mid mount remotes?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Fascinating!

My unit was a repo, and I established good relations with the service manager at the dealership that was holding it on behalf of Kubota Financial. I'm going to call him next week and try to get a definitive answer about the description in the listing as it pertains to mid and rear remotes.

As I initially mentioned, I never actually thought I had all the remotes that were described in the listing, so I'm not particularly perturbed if I don't have them.

EDIT: I'm so ignorant about this ... I've been wondering how the three point hitch was raised and lowered ... thought it was the draw bar ... I'm looking at the pictures thinking "wow, it sure looks like that mount point is part of the tractor frame" ... then finally realized it's the bottom arms that are actuated by the hydraulics. LOL
I would ask the dealer to have someone go over the functions, operation, and maintenance with you.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
I would ask the dealer to have someone go over the functions, operation, and maintenance with you.
heh heh, I'm actually reading the Operator Manual! I downloaded a PDF and printed out the important parts. Then I found the printed copy in the "glove box" this morning. Checked the oil, transmission fluid, coolant levels this morning. Cleaned the radiator screen. Checked the tire pressure. Tomorrow I'll start greasing the fittings.

Reactions: 1 users

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
And the rear remotes they were referring to was the hydraulics to the backhoe attachment.
I thought that too but then decided that it was more likely the 3 point hitch they were referring to. I don't have the terminology down yet, but I would call the backhoe hydraulics a "circuit" rather than a "remote" because it's not controlled by anything.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
heh heh, I'm actually reading the Operator Manual! I downloaded a PDF and printed out the important parts. Then I found the printed copy in the "glove box" this morning. Checked the oil, transmission fluid, coolant levels this morning. Cleaned the radiator screen. Checked the tire pressure. Tomorrow I'll start greasing the fittings.
Check the front axle oil. For some reason, this gets overlooked and is a critical area.

ejb11235

Equipment
Jan 20, 2022
Seattle, WA, USA
Check the front axle oil. For some reason, this gets overlooked and is a critical area.
funny you should say that...a friend of mine who owns a Kubota, told me this morning to check the front axle. I hadn't seen that mentioned in the Operator's Manual as something to check. I'll have to go back and look. Either way, it certainly seems like something to check. Thanks!

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If the Kubota dealership is doing the pre-delivery setup as outlined by Kubota, you wouldn't have to do this. Unfortunately, most of the dealers are not doing set up as they should, and this is leading to customer complaints.