Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Strangely, I was not asked the question that I almost always have to answer:
"Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so, what do they say?"
Apparently, they use it as a gauge to see if you are opinionated; if you are opinionated enough to have a bumper sticker, you might be too opinionated to be swayed, or you might sway other jurors to your viewpoint.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
I'm a life member of the NRA and a registered Republican living in MA. That alone should be enough to get me off jury duty here!!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
LOL...

some great answers in this thread! the good thing in America is that we all have our own choices & the ability to make them.

my "civic duty" to my country is to serve if called upon, vote, pay my taxes.

being a jurist requires that you can be fair & impartial. i can NOT.

which would make me a lousy juror & since my position is openly sated on it? any jury that would ever pick me is obviously going to have any decision they would make be open to an appeal. so i am NOT called upon.

my Wife is a court reporter for the state..... this also excludes me from the jury pool... as im "tainted". MLOL

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Strangely, I was not asked the question that I almost always have to answer:
"Do you have any bumper stickers on your car? If so, what do they say?"
Apparently, they use it as a gauge to see if you are opinionated; if you are opinionated enough to have a bumper sticker, you might be too opinionated to be swayed, or you might sway other jurors to your viewpoint.
Got one for a gun manufacturer :D Probably would excuse me on several levels :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I did come home with one thing from my service- a bad cold. The guy I had to sit next to throughout the day was hacking & coughing all day. Started with a scratchy throat last night, full blown death-warmed-over today. Sore, scratchy throat, congestion, body aches, really tired. Crap, I hate being sick.

m32825

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Jul 12, 2013
Central FL
I made it to the jury selection process one time. Did not get selected, but the experience impressed on me the importance of doing everything in my power to ensure my fate doesn't end up in the hands of a bunch of people who are grumpy about being there, and who are convinced that I'm the reason!

-- Carl

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
When they ask "if convicted by a jury of their peers, would you recommend sentencing to the maximum extent of the law? " Simply answer, "Fry em till they're crispy. "
No more summons........

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Bill,
Sorry you got more than just inconvenienced. Sounds like you were in the County Courthouse in downtown Phoenix. That is the pool my wife and I (both ex-military) get summoned for. Nearly 80 miles round trip for us. I tried to get moved to the closer courthouse only 16 mi away but they refused to do it.

I lost the lottery and had to go down twice in 20+ years. It was back when I was a Federal Officer. Never seated on a jury. Now, with concealed carry, I will always carry to the courthouse.

My wife did last time she went and, walking up to the X-ray machines, she advised the guards she was armed. They pointed her to an office where they store the gun and give you a ticket. My wife said the guy, in a funny but firm tone said, "AND DON"T DRIVE OFF AND FORGET YOUR GUN!!!" She was actually glad to have it, walking back to the garage.

If I get in another jury pool interview, I'll mention I always carry a firearm to the courthouse. That ought to set the tone. If they want me, great. If not, adios.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Geez you don't have to go to such great lengths in MI, just wait a few years. Got a letter a few months ago saying I could be excused from jury duty if I wanted because, I was, well, old. I filled out the form and said I was willing to serve if the roads were good and I could be home before dark :D

Haven't heard back.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Sounds like you were in the County Courthouse in downtown Phoenix
Yup. Beside the normal "I hate being sick", I really have to be careful that I don't pass it to the wife, and that she doesn't pass it to her folks. (87 & 89)

Got a lot of sideways looks when the x-ray machine found my credit card look-a-like lock pick set. Been carrying it for probably 40 yrs, so I just spaced on it.
Had to leave it, and when I came back with my ticket to get it at the end of the day, someone had signed the register on my line, so "I had already picked it up."
I asked how that was possible when I had the ticket & the guard had my lock pick set? They called a supervisor who reviewed the situation. He informed me that I couldn't have the item, because the name on the card didn't match my ID. A few more minutes of err, discussion, and I left with my picks.
Tater-headed morons.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Geez you don't have to go to such great lengths in MI, just wait a few years. Got a letter a few months ago saying I could be excused from jury duty if I wanted because, I was, well, old.
Same here, but the threshold is 75. Got a few more to go before I hit that milestone.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I had to go to that court house at least bi monthly if not more for almost 3 years, I was not a fun experience.
I was a state witness in a long case.
Think getting in and out of there with a lock pick set is tricky, try taking a wolf in there, yep did that for years! ;)

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I had to go to that court house at least bi monthly if not more for almost 3 years, I was not a fun experience.
I was a state witness in a long case.
Think getting in and out of there with a lock pick set is tricky, try taking a wolf in there, yep did that for years! ;)
Now we have a clue why you had to move to Northern Idaho.:eek:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Didn't know they had a wolf protection program...

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
His wolves threatened to gang up on him if he didn't move them out of Phoenix. It started with toe nibbling and bed hogging at night. He had no choice. It was move, or become dog chow.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
His wolves threatened to gang up on him if he didn't move them out of Phoenix. It started with toe nibbling and bed hogging at night. He had no choice. It was move, or become dog chow.
Wolf Chow! :D

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I hate to hog up Lil foots thread.
Does anyone want the leading reason for the wolves and the Idaho relocation?