Is it me or is Kubota becoming overpriced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Totally stupid on the part of the government! Killing millions of birds because ONE within a flock was infected is insane. Is anyone working on a food or water borne vaccine that could be administered to the whole flock? That's what the Ag Dept should be exploring - not mass extermination.

Would you quarantine (or worse) a whole school class just because one student tested positive for measles, mumps, or even TB? No, you wouldn't.
No…but you’d vaccinate the rest of the class…. Farmers can avoid flock-annihilation if they’d vaccinate.

https://www.freedomrangerhatchery.c...and-treat-the-5-most-common-chicken-diseases/

We really should avoid these kinds of discussions at these forums. I …and most others….come here for real and factual information on Kubota tractors….not hysteria and ignorance on politics and economics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
deleted double post

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
On the bright side, 2x4 studs are back down to around $3.34 now. They were around $7 at the peak a around a year an a half ago...I was feeling good about using some of the ones I bought for $5 each as they were going up in price...now feeling bad again...only have a few left though...LOL...have not accomplished much since covid started...:confused:.

Went through a similar thing when the kids were in college...no money lead to laziness addiction. Withdrawal was painless though when funds became available again. (y)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
We really should avoid these kinds of discussions at these forums. I …and most others….come here for real and factual information on Kubota tractors….not hysteria and ignorance on politics and economics.
Edit: YIKES! It is not the off topic forum...my BAD! LOL

Well, it is the OFF TOPIC forum.

Hopefully (probably unlikely) some of us will see the light when offered factual information that may conflict with what we have stated.

But again, it is the OFF TOPIC forum. We need not read it if we only want tractor information.

Not that this forum should be free reign...but within reason, thoughts expressed should be accepted for what they are, and responses should be civil for the purpose of helping others see the light, or for us to see the light.

And general forum rules should be followed. Which I believe is no political or religious posts.

Reactions: 1 user

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
I didn’t find Kubota overpriced as I’ve been shopping. I was actually surprised by how affordable Kubota was compared to JD. A BX was priced right along the other subcompacts with JD being several thousand more. I did like the 1025r, but not for the price, and my local dealer just doesn’t listen to me as I don’t spend enough there so I went elsewhere. Now, I still have some gift cards and I’ll have to use them towards Stihl. 😂

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

Hopefully (probably unlikely) some of us will see the light when offered factual information that may conflict with what we have stated.

But again, it is the OFF TOPIC forum. We need not read it if we only want tractor information.

Not that this forum should be free reign...but within reason, thoughts expressed should be accepted for what they are, and responses should be civil for the purpose of helping others see the light, or for us to see the light.

And general forum rules should be followed. Which I believe is no political or religious posts.
Absolutely!
There is a LOT of valuable information to be gleaned here.
NOT specifically about Kubota tractors.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I doubt you could find many people outside of government who would agree with you. I KNOW chicken farmers, who are the real experts, don't agree, and I doubt consumers would either.
I think I would ask a veterinarian, which is how USDA operates. Those disease control programs are based on the advice of veterinarians. Like all medical people, I’m sure not all agree.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Beer has gone up about the same percentage. What was $16 is now $20. Thankfully bourbon hasn't followed suit....yet.
If you ask my loving bride she will tell you that my bourbon and cigar cost have gone way up. It may be retirement or the cost of living.
As to tractor cost, it seems that there is a thread around here that extols the virtues of a free market system.
Limit the number of units on the market and demand will bring up the cost.
Like divorce , the cost of tractors are high because they are worth it !
I'll keep my old tractor and very old wife as I can not afford a newer model. Besides, I know how this model works and what it takes to keep it happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I can't figure out the 'economy'...
biz here ALL have 'help wanted' signs...no one walks in
we import 500,000+ new people a year
cost of materials for my addition is <$16K, contractor quote $92K
I can't give away BNIW SS sheets
and
a 65 Ontario Mustang sold for $90K the other day.....

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
That Pic is a visual image of some of the political and economic understandings in this discussion.

So what if you say is true…?? What if there is some insidious administration plan to murder millions of chickens..? Is Hunter getting into the chicken-breeding business…?…gonna corner the chicken-selling market?

Meanwhile, Kubota is offering ZERO Down and SIX or SEVEN YEARS at ZERO INTEREST (ZDZI) for a new Kubota. If the recent price increases are taken into account, then the tractors have actually GONE DOWN in asking price.

And this tells me how much one can bargain/haggle the price as well. Example, Take $25K and look at your banks’ financiing-rates over 6 or 7 years and figure out how much interest you’ll be paying….then DEDUCT that from the retail price of those ZDZI offers….and THAT is approx. how the retail price has moved over the last few years.
They are essentially raising the price to continue 0% for 60. Lol. Sort of like when stores raised prices in October in preparation for the Black Friday sales.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas

THIS thread isi the “Buying Advice & Pricing” forums. :cool:

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Again, just look at the historical chart for US inflation to see when it happened. Just one example ...

View attachment 97286
Yes. The same time that inflation increased worldwide. Those facts show a real mixed bag. GDP is up, unemployment at record low levels, inflation and interest rates up, but not at record highs. A 1980s style economy but somewhat lower inflation and interest rates. Neither collapsing or booming. But better than many other first world countries in this post Covid world.

Last edited:

KKBL

Equipment
L2501 HST QA 525 loader, 42" forks, brush hog, grader/box/back blades
Jan 5, 2022
Girard, PA
January 2022 we purchased a L2501 HST with quick attach that included a new unused set of 42 inch forks.
Just under 70 hours and was like new. Bucket looked like it had been lightly used and PTO had never been used. Paid $18,500 no tax.
I don't think we could find one for that price now - only 14 months later.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.