Is it me or is Kubota becoming overpriced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
Hey folks, just was pondering after I visited my dealer last week and noticed a BX2380 on the showroom floor. They had a price tag on the ROPS bar. It said original price of $23,800, on sale for $21,800o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. Loader, 60" deck, and R4 tires. Same exact setup when I bought mine. I looked at my bill of sale when I got home. I paid $18,500. I believe that is almost a 30% increase. I know there's inflation, but geesh. What's even better, they have a location about 20 miles west of this one and their showroom BX2380 said on sale for $21,100.... no wonder both their lots are full of new Kubotas....

Reactions: 1 users

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
I don't think you fully appreciate what injecting BILLIONS of dollars worth of "fake money" into a nation's economy does to said economy. For a good, easy example, look to Venezuela, where a loaf of bread costs about $1000.

As for Kubota, I have always been a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". There are much cheaper machines out there, but I don't want them.

• Sad
Reactions: 12 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
The steel itself is much higher ......labor........... shoot - have you bought eyes lately?

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Nope they are not overpriced at all. Everything has gone up in price due to the situation we are in. Is Kubota supposed to be the company with no increase?
Quality is worth every penny.

Reactions: 2 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Same exact setup when I bought mine. I looked at my bill of sale when I got home. I paid $18,500. I believe that is almost a 30% increase.
When did you buy it? Have you priced eggs lately?

I agree with injecting money into the economy wasn't helpful, and at the same time wrecking other parts of the economy with other "changes". I just hope all of those voters who voted for run away inflation notice what they did. Unfortunately, most of them are too clueless to notice.

Even if they did, they'd probably blame it on the last administration when the economy was in decent shape.

Reactions: 11 users

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Everything is priced at crazy levels. Kubotas will be no exception. The new normal. I am thankful I have what I do. Stopped at Lowes the other day to look at 2" PVC for guide posts for my boat trailer. Unreal what the price is now. Thankfully I found some old pieces in my barn. (benefit of being a packrat)

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Everything is priced at crazy levels. Kubotas will be no exception. The new normal. I am thankful I have what I do. Stopped at Lowes the other day to look at 2" PVC for guide posts for my boat trailer. Unreal what the price is now. Thankfully I found some old pieces in my barn. (benefit of being a packrat)
Funny you mention PVC for boat guide posts ............ I had a butt load of PVC pipe - yet none was 2".

Lady had a piece of 20' 2" - gave her 20 hardback books of my mothers.... in trade. Now cut in 48" pieces and ready to go!

Reactions: 1 user

dieselbob69

Equipment
Kubota BX2380 (previously a BX1870 and GR2100)...
Jan 2, 2022
WNY
I bought it on December 28th, 2021, when trying to find ANY new equipment was a tough task( empty lots, delays, etc). I can understand a price increase, but over $5k is a little overkill IMO. As far as cheaper machines someone else mentioned, Kubota was it. Massey was about same, LS was comparable, New Holland and JD were way over $20k at time. And as far as eggs go, they were almost at $6 dozen in January, when I bought some few days ago, they were at $2.86 a dozen…

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Hey folks, just was pondering after I visited my dealer last week and noticed a BX2380 on the showroom floor. They had a price tag on the ROPS bar. It said original price of $23,800, on sale for $21,800o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O. Loader, 60" deck, and R4 tires. Same exact setup when I bought mine. I looked at my bill of sale when I got home. I paid $18,500. I believe that is almost a 30% increase. I know there's inflation, but geesh. What's even better, they have a location about 20 miles west of this one and their showroom BX2380 said on sale for $21,100.... no wonder both their lots are full of new Kubotas....
When did you buy?

Tractor prices typically increase annually, regardless of economic conditions. This has been going on for decades. But, with the current inflation and market conditions, the price increases been more frequent and higher by percentage.

For example, I bought my L2501 roughly two years ago. If I bought a new one today, the new price is $3K higher by comparison. In another couple years, the difference will be $5K. In this sense, tractors in general are a good investment that typically retain their value if kept in good condition both mechanically and cosmetically.

Mike

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I bought it on December 28th, 2021, when trying to find ANY new equipment was a tough task( empty lots, delays, etc). I can understand a price increase, but over $5k is a little overkill IMO. As far as cheaper machines someone else mentioned, Kubota was it. Massey was about same, LS was comparable, New Holland and JD were way over $20k at time. And as far as eggs go, they were almost at $6 dozen in January, when I bought some few days ago, they were at $2.86 a dozen…
Eggs are still over $6 per dozen here if I’m buying at a grocery store. $3 per dozen if I buy from neighbors.

I don’t like that Kubota is now pricing their tractors similarly to John Deere but, Kubota is a much much better tractor than the competitors. To me, Kubota is still worth the premium but, the lines have been muddied a bit.

Mike

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have just listed my Kubota on a separate insurance policy that will pay to replace my Kubota should it be stolen. It is worth more today used than what I paid for it 2 years ago. Same with my implements. Cars go down as they age, but tractors seem to just keep going up.

Reactions: 3 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Beer has gone up about the same percentage. What was $16 is now $20. Thankfully bourbon hasn't followed suit....yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

I agree with injecting money into the economy wasn't helpful, and at the same time wrecking other parts of the economy with other "changes". I just hope all of those voters who voted for run away inflation notice what they did. Unfortunately, most of them are too clueless to notice.

Even if they did, they'd probably blame it on the last administration when the economy was in decent shape.
Umm. I think the economy collapsed in 2020 during Covid. And steel prices increased a year or two earlier due to tariffs.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
If the Kubota prices rise at similar rates as comparable other brands….then it’s not politics (despite the popularity of blaming a current admin for economical issues resulting from far more complex market than the typical voter knows about either politics OR economics..)

The currency exchange rate and diminished supply during a worldwide pandemic has a lot more influence. (Not to mention Avian flu decimating the egg-laying-hen population.)

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
If the Kubota prices rise at similar rates as comparable other brands….then it’s not politics (despite the popularity of blaming a current admin for economical issues resulting from far more complex market than the typical voter knows about either politics OR economics..)

The currency exchange rate and diminished supply during a worldwide pandemic has a lot more influence. (Not to mention Avian flu decimating the egg-laying-hen population.)
I farm chickens / eggs. A little off topic, but just FYI, Avian Flu is NOT killing millions of birds. The government is killing millions of birds in their attempt to control the disease. See any parallels with any other mistakes our government has recently made?

Reactions: 7 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Umm. I think the economy collapsed in 2020 during Covid. And steel prices increased a year or two earlier due to tariffs.
You need to go back and look at the charts to see where the economy was. Even with the Covid dip, the economy was on the upswing until Nov 2020. I get it ... that's a lot of trouble to find out you are wrong. ;).

Almost everything in the popular media was a lie for the past few years. It's coming out ... just slowly.

Reactions: 9 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Everything cost more these days - It's called build back better.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

Orangeglow

Equipment
2015 BX2370
Jun 19, 2014
Prescott, Ontario
Smart consumers, could control market prices, unfortunately there aren,t enough of them.
Very simple formula, supply and demand equals price. What are the manufacturers going to do with their product, IF NOBODY IS WILLING TO BUY IT, AT THEIR ASKING PRICE ?

Status
Not open for further replies.