Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
It's getting so I'm scared to turn on the news anymore. Just seen where a 28 year old woman shot and killed kids and adults in Nashville, what the hell is going on. Every day it's a new shooting or people stabbing someone and not just in Canada and the USA but everywhere...for Christ sake people get a grip.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
At least this time is was a WOMAN, still dreadfully sad....and of course 'media' are BLAMING the gun !

Perhaps one reason is it's because too many people don't have JOBS and have too much FREE time on their hands " Idle hands are the Devil's tools ??

Pretty sure if you work 8 hrs a day, sleep 8 hrs a day and spend time with friends and family the othe r8... well, there just isn't time to MURDER anyone....

The other reason, ZERO true accountability for your actions. In the USA now, if you're a federal 'terrorist' you CANNOT be executed. Same in Canada, murder 1 or 100, you can live to a ripe old age NOT executed.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Its a bit crazy out there. Speaking to the US i sincerely believe it is the so called media--all of it, both sides, no exceptions. They have convinced us that everyone that doesn't agree with us (our 'side' whichever that may be) is the worst of the worst.

People do not know how to disagree anymore and turn to violence immediately. Since when did we all have to think exactly alike? Since when were you allowed to shout down a guest speaker with a different opinion, until he just leaves? Since when are you allowed to protest and cancel (destroy their life) someone with a different point of view?

Far too many of us today have no respect for anything, including human life, so violence is easy.

Reactions: 3 users

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
and of course 'media' are BLAMING the gun !
Thats the other problem because no one wants to address the real issues. Remember, it wasn't until 1986 that automatic weapons were banned. Thats the year I graduated high school and I cannot remember ONE TIME someone using one to shot a school up and you could buy them at the gun store.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It's getting so I'm scared to turn on the news anymore. Just seen where a 28 year old woman shot and killed kids and adults in Nashville, what the hell is going on. Every day it's a new shooting or people stabbing someone and not just in Canada and the USA but everywhere...for Christ sake people get a grip.
I think I recently heard of a shooting in NS somewhere near where you are.
NS/Canada has crazy tight gun laws...right?
No hand guns...etc,...etc..
Gun laws.....Much like using a band aide for open heart surgery.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
At least this time is was a WOMAN, still dreadfully sad....and of course 'media' are BLAMING the gun !

Perhaps one reason is it's because too many people don't have JOBS and have too much FREE time on their hands " Idle hands are the Devil's tools ??

Pretty sure if you work 8 hrs a day, sleep 8 hrs a day and spend time with friends and family the othe r8... well, there just isn't time to MURDER anyone....

The other reason, ZERO true accountability for your actions. In the USA now, if you're a federal 'terrorist' you CANNOT be executed. Same in Canada, murder 1 or 100, you can live to a ripe old age NOT executed.
I just don't understand, if it were an animal that did harm to a human they would be put down and in my mind these people should suffer the same fait. It's so heart breaking to see so many lose their loved ones. Yes it's not the guns or knifes, it's the damn crazy humans.

Reactions: 1 users

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I think I recently heard of a shooting in NS somewhere near where you are.
NS/Canada has crazy tight gun laws...right?
No hand guns...etc,...etc..
Gun laws.....Much like using a band aide for open heart surgery.
Guns laws are like locks, they're only there for the good folks...maybe it's time to bring back the death penalty. Yes you're right there was a shooting close but over the last few years we have had more than our share of crazy.

Jchonline

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L6060, KX040-4, M7060, RTV X1100C, M62 (sold)
Oct 28, 2018
Red Feather Lakes, CO
I think its Social Media. I grew up in a non-digital world, then computers hit in college. Without a doubt the internet and computing changed the world in many ways for the better. However I think in the case of social media it made it worse. Honestly what I struggle with is would the world be better off without it all.

Reactions: 5 users

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Yup, look as if She was a He. That kind of sums it up. But blame the gun?

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Criminals do NOT obey the law. It's one of those basic, common sense KNOWN to TRUE things.... So no amount of 'antigun' laws will prevent a CRIMINAL from murdering anyone. Have a look at the antigun laws of Chigaco to see how well they DON'T prevent murders.....

Trial just ended here, trucker killed lady ,he gets $2000 fine and loss of driving for a year,sort of. Lots upset ,after all he murdered her right ? WRONG..she was a 'save the pigs' protester and walked INTO the semi ( his blind spot). Had she stayed on the sidewalk or grass, she'd be alive today. SHE broke the law.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Yes, yes they are. Lots of very impressionable people taken advantage of by greedy MFers. I think as more and more of these folks finally find/take the ‘red pill’ (maybe by mistake) you are going to see more of this…look at how people have been lied too and for how long and sensationalized by a dishonest media.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I receive an opinion from a guy a few times a week. He's usually straight forward and plain to understand. This is part of his discussion today.

Who's to blame, guns, TV, movies....? We're a bunches of wooses who don't want to discipline anyone, everyone gets a trophy, it's always someone else's fault, not held accountable!

Minnesota apparently wants to challenge California as the state that can lose the most residents each year. Their legislature is getting set to pass a bill that will allow the state to take children away from their parents if the parents don’t agree to sexual reassignment surgery. The rulers basically are telling their serfs, “Let us destroy your children based on the claims of a radical teacher with a nose ring and an infected tongue piercing or we will take your children away from you.” You know this will only be applied to patriotic Americans.

I wonder if Minnesota will clean up their act before or after 3M and other major companies leave the state. I am surprised that 3M, formerly known as Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company, has stayed this long in a state that did not even object when the Harris-Biden Administration shut down the nickel and copper mines in the state and imposed new restrictions on manufacturing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
I think some of it has to do with not being able to discipline our children as was done in the past. Kids are being raised with a sense of not being able to held accountable for their actions.
I’m not talking about physical abuse but a good axx whopping even in public when you have miss behaved to me is good medicine. Teachers are no longer able to discipline kids who are disrespectful, disruptive, and so on.
I’ve heard of kids telling their parents that if they touch them they will call the police, no respect for parents, teachers, or anyone in authority where do you think that will lead.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I think some of it has to do with not being able to discipline our children as was done in the past. Kids are being raised with a sense of not being able to held accountable for their actions.
I’m not talking about physical abuse but a good axx whopping even in public when you have miss behaved to me is good medicine. Teachers are no longer able to discipline kids who are disrespectful, disruptive, and so on.
I’ve heard of kids telling their parents that if they touch them they will call the police, no respect for parents, teachers, or anyone in authority where do you think that will lead.
When we took away my 15yo sons cellphone as punishment for not completing schoolwork, we were accused of "emotional abuse" by some family members and a school nurse. DHS (child protective services) paid a visit. Nothing came of it except the DHS person convincing him that it wasnt emotional abuse but rather good parenting. Hes in the NAVY now but I realized about then that America is in a downward spiral and will NOT recover. We disowned a couple family members over it.

Reactions: 4 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I don't think it is exactly blaming the gun per se, but how to solve the problem of who should own them. How to keep weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of fruitloops to make a broad category.

Here is a link to a blog from someone with a close perspective to a Canadian shooting and the recent one at MSU. I agree with her and as above, that there is a cultural problem.

https://stephanietodd.substack.com/...-one-in?publication_id=205245&isFreemail=true

My personal reaction was enough with the flowers and prayers. We need citizens, neighbors, friends to DO something. At least a dozen people knew there was something wrong with the MSU shooter AND that he had guns. He was target shooting in his city backyard. They did nothing much. Asked him to leave their stores. Didn't give him a job. Of course in his case he was black. Reporting mental illness to the police in black kids or adults and asking for help has not ended well for those individuals recently.

A year ago when a kid at the Oxford high school brought a gun, the parents would not take him home. He asked for help. The school officials knew he had a gun somewhere. They let him stay in school until he shot a bunch of kids.

If the gun culture is predominantly saying "I want to do what I darn well please with my guns, and that I have no responsibility to my community and neighbors" it encourages irresponsible behavior. I don't disagree with those people that want to limit ownership of assault rifles. I think enforcement of the laws we have depends on the attitudes of both gun owners and non gunowners. It is a complex topic, but I am sure sick at heart at the do nothing approach.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
I don't think it is exactly blaming the gun per se, but how to solve the problem of who should own them. How to keep weapons of mass destruction out of the hands of fruitloops to make a broad category.

Here is a link to a blog from someone with a close perspective to a Canadian shooting and the recent one at MSU. I agree with her and as above, that there is a cultural problem.

https://stephanietodd.substack.com/...-one-in?publication_id=205245&isFreemail=true

My personal reaction was enough with the flowers and prayers. We need citizens, neighbors, friends to DO something. At least a dozen people knew there was something wrong with the MSU shooter AND that he had guns. He was target shooting in his city backyard. They did nothing much. Asked him to leave their stores. Didn't give him a job. Of course in his case he was black. Reporting mental illness to the police in black kids or adults and asking for help has not ended well for those individuals recently.

A year ago when a kid at the Oxford high school brought a gun, the parents would not take him home. He asked for help. The school officials knew he had a gun somewhere. They let him stay in school until he shot a bunch of kids.

If the gun culture is predominantly saying "I want to do what I darn well please with my guns, and that I have no responsibility to my community and neighbors" it encourages irresponsible behavior. I don't disagree with those people that want to limit ownership of assault rifles. I think enforcement of the laws we have depends on the attitudes of both gun owners and non gunowners. It is a complex topic, but I am sure sick at heart at the do nothing approach.
If we ban schools that would 100% stop school shootings

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Hmm...2½ years of lockdowns, no jab-no job edicts, lying and gaslighting by the media and all government entities, a tanked economy, incompetent "leaders", parental rights trampled, drag queen story hour, antiwhiteism, banks failing, etc. Sooner or later people snap. Ever see the Michael Douglas movie "Falling Down"? You can only poke a bear so much before he pokes back.

Reactions: 7 users

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 4, 2018
Maine
The news reports it as a "famale that identifies as trangender." Does that mean an actual female? An actual male pretending to be a female due to mental illness or an actual female pretending to be a male due to mental illness?
Public information sources are too scared to say the truth so have to just figure it out through back channels..lol

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
^^^^^^

Pfffttt.........

If mine had ever said that to me.....it would have been a week before she woke up and could pick herself up off the floor to call the Po-Po.

That crap would never have 'flown' in my house.....and because my child KNEW it.....it didn't happen.

She grew up to be a responsible citizen and productive medical professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.