Interstate Gelcel

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
This is for you Guys that know batteries. I have two Interstate DCS-75BT batteries. I was thinking of one for the kubota and one for the Gmc or the Steiner. Any info would be great. Thanks :D dusty

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Those batteries you have are great. You can put them in anything you have. They are a new technology that Interstate is building in their "glass matt" batteries. The Optima is what I have in my vehicles and boat at this time and these have a spiral cell that can be mounted in any position, including upside down, and are hard to beat.
This new battery you have is a flat cell, as opposed to the spiral cell, and it is supposed to be just like or better than the Optima series in all uses including high impact motor sports.
Optima doesn't do well with returning after a hard discharge.
This new battery is supposed to live much better with charge depletions.

Go for it, they will work in anything.

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Thanks Aquaforce, I bought a handicap scooter a while ago that had some electrical issues but had 2 new batteries. They both have charged up real fast on a 2 amp charge so that is real good news.:cool: dusty

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Joe. No I picked it up for $300 last summer with the two new batteries. I figure the motor is still good I am just not sure what I am going to use it for now. I built the grand kids a gocart in the summer. So that option is out. I don't know what i will do with the rest of it. I guess if someone needed the motor or other parts that would be good. Happy new year all.:D:D dusty