Insurance

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Anyone else getting hit hard this year? We had no claims on either the house or auto insurance. House went up over $200.00, atv up $28.00, motorcycle up $58.00 and truck up $495.00. I'm the last person to ask government to get involved but there should be a cap on it so it can only go up a set percentage over a certain amount time. And that my friends is my rant for today.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
You might consider changing insurance companies. They seem to be of the mentality that if you stay with them three years they can make phenomenal increases in the premium and you'll stick with them. Or maybe a company gives a killer deal to new customers and raises them to the correct rate after three years. I think it's a racket but changing companies from time to time can hopefully save you from financial ruin.

jajiu

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560 HSTC, Grader, Backhoe, Snow Plow, Pallet Forks
Jun 5, 2016
Rowley, Massachusetts
Bearbait, my home insurance is good as is my vehicle insurance, I checked a few other insurers as I have been with my current provider for over 30 yrs. I found I was still getting the best bang for my buck. NOW on the other hand, I am the Quartermaster at the local VFW post and the insurance is killing us and now have requests for quotes out to a few places to see if we can do better. It doesn't hurt to look. Good luck.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Thanks guys, good advice from both of you. I should have mentioned that I changed companies because of the same thing just 2 years ago. For this year I think we'll probably stay with this company. It's not about not being able to afford the increase, it's more about principle. We'll see, a few days rest may put the fight back in me, thanks guys.

Donystoy

Equipment
LX2610HSDCC, B/H, Loader, plus numerous other attachments. B7200 sold
Dec 10, 2013
Binbrook, Ontario
Have not received this years renewal yet but I would think that with all the disasters like floods, fires and severe storms that seem to be increasing that my rates will increase.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah well RAPE is RAPE and thats what they do. Make a few calls to an independent broker you might find out that there are better deals out there for the same coverage

sagor

Equipment
BX25, BX2750D, BX2760A, 5' back blade
Jan 9, 2017
Sudbury, ON, Canada
Bearbait, my insurance went up about 25%. I think this is true for most insurance companies that had to cover those people who got flooded out this year (idiots that build in a flood plain). They increased the "water comprehensive" coverage to cover flooding, sewer backup, etc.
If my house is flooded, there better be an "arc" floating by (with Noah on it), as everyone else would be under water (I'm up on a hill). I'm on a field bed, and before I get any sewer backup, the lids on my septic tank would be overflowing first. It is all a crock of BS to cover the costs of the claims for people that got flooded during spring, or their city had a sewer backup. Not me....
I'm going to cancel the "water comprehensive", I don't need it.... I'll cover my own costs if something goes wrong (rare to happen)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
There are homes here that haven't EVER seen flooding, yet June changed that. I was lucky, but the elevation at my place is only 8' above the water's crest. And there is a hill 'tween me and the lower lying areas. That flood was no joke. The highway completely submerged. I've been here a long time and never saw it go that high; it was 4 foot higher than the previous record which was only a few inches higher than the previous 70 years of record-keeping. It wasn't just homes either. It was farms, cows, hog farms, chicken houses/farms, pets, personal property of all kinds, businesses, etc etc. Bad deal all around and it affects everyone in one way or another.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Good points all of you, thanks. I understand the concept that everyone pays a little more to help the people in trouble but that is quite the hike. Never say never but if the water comes up 30 to 40 feet it would take to flood this place we're all in trouble. Also how does my truck insurance jump almost $500 in one year when we had no claims and a year older? Bottom line is we all know we will never win at this game, they hold our tender parts in their hands.:eek:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
One thing to do is have ALL insurances on the same 'anniversary date'. It give YOU some clout to EASILY get quotes AND got to the best deal in town.....
I have it on my birthday so easy to remember AND I pay 100% that day, by credit card, so I KNOW I'm covered for the next year. 'they' can't say, 'sorry not covered, we didn't get your autopay cause the computer was down...'

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My wife asked one time if we should get flood ins, I told her to look up how high we are in this ridge, 1388 above sea level, she said nope if it gets this high you better start building an Ark :D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well after a few days of checking other companies there is no since changing, just goes from bad to worst. After talking to more agents then I cared to it looks like everyone is gonna take a hit and I can assure you I find no comfort in that. The rich keep getting richer once again.:rolleyes:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Well after a few days checking looks like we're all gonna take it on the chin and that being nice. Never did get any comfort having company in my misery but things never change, the rich keep getting richer.:rolleyes: