IBC container uses?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Why does my Gluteus maximus pucker when I see things like that??

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Deleted due to error

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
The last time I saw a girl dressed like that in a cage was in the late ‘60’s Houston nightclub called The Catacombs: They were called “Go Go Girls”
77DFBD44-1FB9-43B3-91B5-8663E68E180F.gif

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Question for the IBC crowd...
if you cut off the top rail to lower the overall height do you compromise the integrity of the basket? i want to lower mine one level but dont want to weaken it if im standing in the thing :)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Question for the IBC crowd...
if you cut off the top rail to lower the overall height do you compromise the integrity of the basket? i want to lower mine one level but dont want to weaken it if im standing in the thing :)
add a pallet to the floor instead

Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
did not think of that, thank you
The "floor" of my tote cage was sloped and I figured it'd get slippery anyway without some "wood" to stand on.

Added a saw holder to the cage as well.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I use the container to store large bags of protein pellets. I laid the tore on the side and cut the piece (that is now the top) off. Uses small sheet metal screws to attach the plastic back to the square tubing, then attached two hinges so that piece would lift up.

Keeps possums, coons and other critters out. I've put up to 1400# sacks in it. The pictures show the bag not totally in the container, but it all goes in!
unloading grain 002.JPG

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Cat how did you hinge the back side? That is a grand idea!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Skeets, I just used a couple of hinges about 6" long and 1" wide (where they hinged) and used metal screws to attach them to the metal tubing I cut to get the "lid" off!

george65

Equipment
Bx 2350 and lots of home made accessories
Oct 9, 2020
Sydney
I have done something a little different with an IBC

Please Forgive the Blasphemy, It's gone I Promise, all orange for me now.

This thing has been so handy. Just got a bit of rectangular tube, welded it to the IBC frame, welded the Hubs onto that and another bit of steel for a Drawbar.
I have upgraded the thing a bit since this pic was taken. I reversed the Axle so the wheels sit higher and the " Trailer" Lower. I bent the bit of round pipe for the drawbar so upgraded that.

I also cut the cage out the back for easier loading and tipping. I cut the Tank part out so it is open and the top and half way down the back. This way I can carry Dirt or bark Chip or whatever fine material just by throwing in the Liner.

Done so much work around the place with thing thing and it has a theoretical load rating of 1 Tone because the frame, the wheels ( off a Subaru) and the metal I used for a drawbar and axle would certainly hold that. Be a bit concerned loading it up that heavy even towing it with the 2350 on the sloping ground I have but It carrys plenty enough anyway.

Found a better shot after the upgrade. Better foreground too.

IMG_3487.JPG

The other thing I have done with these is cut one side out of 2 Cages and join them together to make a 2x1 Meter Frame work. I covered the sides with small wire mest and wire ties that on to make a Rabbit cage for my daughter. Put some stronger wire on the bottom, made a lift up lid lid with iron on a frame for a roof and Bingo.

Also wired a single cage with the smaller mesh and that is great as a compost bin.
Just lift it up with the tractor to get out the compost when it's done.
IMG_3801.JPG

About to drag a few complete IBC's out again and set them up under the big tree out the front.
I put LED floodlights in them with different coloured Gels. Wife found some Big Bow Decorations so I put them under the tree, 2 on the bottom, one on the top as Christmas presents.

Did that last year and have heard quite a few people mention them around town since., Mrs went to a new hairdressers the other week and chit chatting the hairdresser asked where we lived. She told her the Suburb and the woman said they went out looking at Christmas Lights and saw this one place with a huge Tree lit up and these Big square boxes lit up like presents. Mrs said yeah, I know the place, it's ours.

The doctor down the road has professionals come in and do his home in a way that would put the Griswalds to shame but seems my pathetic attempt has got some Notice.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Had a spare IBC and an old trailer axle. So I made a new fire fighting trailer today.
Best thing was I had all the bits hanging around.

50125-d071f75e893e369b51e1a043a0672a81.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 2 users

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Had a spare IBC and an old trailer axle. So I made a new fire fighting trailer today.
Best thing was I had all the bits hanging around.

View attachment 50125
Two questions for you:
1) what is going on at the ball hitch on the trailer; Part sticking up and backwards does what?

2) do Australians call that dog breed a border collie or some other name?

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
1) what is going on at the ball hitch on the trailer; Part sticking up and backwards does what?
Its' a hose winder for the lay flat hose. Looks ugly as its made from scrap, but works great.
It's just wedged in the frame to keep it out of the way
Basically the same as this but not so pretty looking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZArI_2UCkHo&list=WL&index=32

What you cant see in the pick is the plumbing.
I have outlets (on ball valves) for the hose reel, 19mm garden hose and 2in lay flat hose
I have inlets on ball valves for the IBC and a camloc.
Stored on the top if the IBC is the camlock suction line and the lay flat hose

I can fill from the creek/pool ect in a few minutes and switch right back to pumping
Can also pump at full rate, use the hose reel for fire fighting with the excess volume filling the tank

All in all works better than expected and all from scrap

You may also notice I did not use springs, just welded the axle on

2) do Australians call that dog breed a border collie or some other name?
Sure do, pure bred Border Collie

Last edited: