IBC container uses?

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
kvc - I’m just poking some fun at dirtydeed. We’ve chuckled about it a couple times. It really is a cool idea.

You might need to look at picture #2 a little closer....... I did...🤓

A couple weeks ago he said the attire was just fine.....no safety britches required.....😎
Ya - I got it and saw it lol. Safety bikini bottoms... Would be a bit of a distraction for me I'm afraid....I wouldn't be looking at where the tractor wheels were, but somehow focused on what's above me...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
I like the safety cage manlift idea. Two things to think about: 1) add a chain and lock around the brick guard to keep the basket from sliding off the forks. 2) A safety belt or harness tied off to the brick guard just in case because you know some one will climb the fence to reach that last little bit.

I got one of those little Honda generators and a pole saw to reach out a little more from the basket to trim the trees.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
deleted

Last edited:

Schmitty

Equipment
L4740, grapple, forks, box blade
Mar 25, 2018
Madison, WI
Just got a tote all plumbed up and tested for a watering system. Now to get the trailer emptied out...

IMG_0190 tote watering.JPG

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Wow - you've got all the toys. Never used or even seen a plasma cutter in use. I've seen what they can do and am impressed. You could start a business (do you?) with them. I can certainly think of a few things I would like cut out from sheet metal to promote my small business. Very nice!

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Just got a tote all plumbed up and tested for a watering system. Now to get the trailer emptied out...

View attachment 47546
Similar set-up to mine on the Subaru Brumby as a fire-fighting unit. The ute is very light-weight, so won't handle the IBC full, but 700 litres is sufficient for my needs. It's a cheap, yet effective way of suppressing fire and can also be used to water trees or other plants that are no where near the irrigation system.

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
I have a few ideas, but the cheapest I have seen these things was $60 each, and that was just once. Most here are asking $120 - $200 each. I will go without before I pay that.
I picked up 5 yesterday @ A$80/each, which is around US$50/each - bargain!
2 will be used for the septic system I plan to build for our caravan ablution block. The other 3 will be used for firewood. Still unsure if I'll cut a hole in one side for firewood storage or not. The farmer I got them from said to remove the two bars at the top, then cut off the top of the bladder around 1/4 way down. The top can then be used as a 'lid' to cover the firewood. He said this was easier to fill with wood and still kept it all dry. Anyone else done this?

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Peachester, QLD, Australia
Wow - you've got all the toys. Never used or even seen a plasma cutter in use. I've seen what they can do and am impressed. You could start a business (do you?) with them. I can certainly think of a few things I would like cut out from sheet metal to promote my small business. Very nice!
In the pic I have the router fitted. The plasma torch is stored in to side. I just swap the Z axis head pro plasma. I can cut just about anything Wood, Steel, plastic ect depending on the head (router or plasma)
For steel I can cut up to 32mm and wood up to 160mm. Steel is limited by the plasma cutter (hypertherm powermax 65).
I can also scribe on metal and cut vinyl signs or leather parts using the drag cutter.
Machine cost 24K but that's without the plasma, air system and tooling probably about the same in that stuff.

Im rebuilding my letterbox at the moment as it needs a bit of love. Somebody stabbed the sensor in the eye, so the head does not rotate properly now.

Making a bent I beam for it that will have text in the the web. Just going to cut the web and flange from 6 mm sheet and weld it together.

Bender.jpg

Changing the arms to hold the bent beam!!. Radar sensors will be behind the mouth. These sense movement and rotates the head towards the movement. This also causes it to follow the movement. Eyes and mouth light up for 5 mins after moving.

Reactions: 1 user

kvc

Equipment
MX 5200
Jun 26, 2020
Pemberton Australia
Best letterbox of all time! Love him. Rotating head - I bet that gets a few 'double-takes'... The bent I-beam will add a laughing point too.
Your digger? I spent 35 years in mining. Last 25 as a trainer. Hitachi make great diggers. I dry-hired a 30T Cat last summer to put in a new 'pond' - 100M x 50M x 6M deep. Still a work in progress but holds water and looks great.

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
Best letterbox of all time! Love him. Rotating head - I bet that gets a few 'double-takes'... The bent I-beam will add a laughing point too.
Your digger? I spent 35 years in mining. Last 25 as a trainer. Hitachi make great diggers. I dry-hired a 30T Cat last summer to put in a new 'pond' - 100M x 50M x 6M deep. Still a work in progress but holds water and looks great.
Nope not mine, I a lot of work in mining as a consultant though. Had it in to do the ground works on the new shed. 30mX18m, 6m awnings on 2 sides and 4m at the eaves.

Mailbox is a bit of a local landmark. When I took it down to work on we got get well cards, addressed to "Bender" from the local kids!!!

Thunder chicken

Equipment
M7060
Dec 29, 2019
Northern ontario
The other 3 will be used for firewood. Still unsure if I'll cut a hole in one side for firewood storage or not. The farmer I got them from said to remove the two bars at the top, then cut off the top of the bladder around 1/4 way down. The top can then be used as a 'lid' to cover the firewood. He said this was easier to fill with wood and still kept it all dry. Anyone else done this?
i've yet to cut/hinge the cage to make unloading them easier but here's a start.
the water tank is only 4' off the ground so not much pressure but good enough to fill a watering can/bucket or have patience with a hose.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
i've yet to cut/hinge the cage to make unloading them easier but here's a start.
the water tank is only 4' off the ground so not much pressure but good enough to fill a watering can/bucket or have patience with a hose.
In lou of a pump, If you have an air compressor in that building plump in a compressor line. Push mine out with 3psi which is very fast. This fill my water table with 600l of fluid in minutes

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
This is the one that fills my cnc plasma cutter water table

IMG_20200827_114647 (2).jpg

The red hose is for compressed air. This pumps out the fluid but it also words as a gravity feed just much slower. Fluid is returned to the tank using an inline transfer pump

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Very inventive. Not sure about the legalities, or safety compliance, but nevertheless it looks functional and I must admit to using my pallet forks with pallet as a means to lift a person to clean gutters etc. The IBC cage would provide a sense of security and something to hold on to also.
As long as it never leaves your property, it is your toy,, take it down the road to help the guy next door do his gutters and it tips over or goes through a wall or tears something up,, it becomes your
Mammary gland's in the ringer so to speak

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
34by151

do the mice say 'thank you' for the nice 'mouse hole' you made for them ?
I'd protect the hoses from the sharp metal... I found out draggin an air hose through a similar hole wasn't the smartest move I'd made....... 3/8 hose at 155PSI whippin all over the garage was 'fun' to tackle...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
They also make good dog boxes and chicken coupes. Mine only hauled water to the house before I got a well drilled and I gave them away

34by151

Equipment
bx23s
Jan 12, 2019
34by151

do the mice say 'thank you' for the nice 'mouse hole' you made for them ?
I'd protect the hoses from the sharp metal... I found out draggin an air hose through a similar hole wasn't the smartest move I'd made....... 3/8 hose at 155PSI whippin all over the garage was 'fun' to tackle...
That wall is open on both sides. It's a 6m wide awning with 3m filled in by that wall. So both sides are effectively outside. The air line is regulated to only 10psi. IBC's are pressure tested to 15psi.

The air system starts with a 15hp, 3 phase compressor goes to a pre filter then to the A/C air dryer, another filter then the air lines. Airlines are a 50mm loop around the main shed with 50mm crossovers on each portal. The furthest end has a 300l tank and another 300l tank is fitted at the cnc plasma. The main 50mm line has multiple 25mm droppers with regulators and water traps.
The compressor has an auto drain but they are manual on the tanks. As the AC dryer cools the air I get almost no moisture in the lines. Have never found any water in the tanks or needed to clear the regulators. Not bad at all in the tropics.

JoeBabbs

Equipment
L3800, FEL, BH, box blade, front tine bucket, hydraulic front angle blade
Jan 20, 2020
Ithaca, NY USA
I've planned to use one for a hot tub in the woods, heated by an external, water jacketed heater. Too many projects, not enough time...

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
An IBC tote is not big enough for me. A friend of mine bought a stock tank from TSC to use for an outdoor tub. He is a big boy and works on cars in his back yard. He needs a 3 x 8 foot stock tank to cool off in over the summer. It has held up well for 4 or 5 years. The bad part is the cost is up to $250.