I saw it, but no one believes me

B Gardner

Mar 28, 2016
Comox BC Canada
About eight years ago I saw a small 4 wheel drive Kubota tractor with a small rotor tiller on the back. This tractor was about 3 feet long, about 18 inches high, 2 cylinder diesel, had a tin seat and you straddled the steering wheel. I did not note the model, but I would sure like to know if anyone has seen something like this. Can anyone help me?
Thank you

B Gardner

Mar 28, 2016
Comox BC Canada
Hello
This tractor is none of the above mentioned. It has 4 wheels that are about 10 inches. The steering wheel is positioned between your legs. This is an old machine because the hood was cream colored. It was a real machine that was factory built. The total width was under 24 inches.
Thanks

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
Now you've got me chasing small tractors. These don't exactly match your description, but I find them interesting.

Not quite that small:

1974 Steiner

Bruce

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hello
This tractor is none of the above mentioned. It has 4 wheels that are about 10 inches. The steering wheel is positioned between your legs. This is an old machine because the hood was cream colored. It was a real machine that was factory built. The total width was under 24 inches.
Thanks
Kubota's never had a cream colored hood that I've ever seen. :confused:

B Gardner

Mar 28, 2016
Comox BC Canada
Thank you bcp
The machine was even smaller than the 1972 steiner and much lower.
It had tires like my troybuilt rotor tiller has.
And thank you very much for taking the effort to look.
Bob Gardner

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I remember years ago seeing a tractor so small I thought to myself I could haul that in the bed of my truck. At the time I had a short bed Ranger. I have never seen another Kubota that small. At the time I had a B7100 and it seemed like a monster compared to this little machine. I was just a teenager at the time and I can't remember what the model was either. It was smaller than a B6100, I know that for sure. It probably was a B5100 like mentioned earlier.

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
I can and have put my tractor in the back of my truck.

The tractor is a B6000 and the truck is a Toyota Hilux with a 2.2 metre long bed.

Have to take the 3PT off to close the tailgate though.

Changnam 59

Equipment
New to the world of Orange
Dec 24, 2011
Pathumthanee, Thailand
Kubota did make some weird, complex and very expensive remote control diesel powered mowers that also had controls for manual operation.

Wonder if it could be one of those.

The idea was you sit in the shade operating it in a similar manner to an RC car. Don't think it would work for me. I am sure I would keep knocking things over like pot plants, pets and small children :)

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
The Kubota KRT140 riding tiller is pretty small. Maybe an older version was smaller.

Probably an older one here:

Bruce

Last edited:

bcp

Equipment
BX2360
Apr 20, 2011
SW WA
A trench roller would be about the size the OP saw.

Some are ride-on.

Bruce

Last edited:

Gene Griffin

Apr 3, 2016
Granville, Ma.
About eight years ago I saw a small 4 wheel drive Kubota tractor with a small rotor tiller on the back. This tractor was about 3 feet long, about 18 inches high, 2 cylinder diesel, had a tin seat and you straddled the steering wheel. I did not note the model, but I would sure like to know if anyone has seen something like this. Can anyone help me?
Thank you
Maybe it was one of these: Pazzaglia Sirio from Autrusa.com