HVAC experts: question on detecting coolant leaks

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
It is my belief that new members read a lot of old threads while looking for answers to whatever their problem is, and will make a reply to an old thread asking what the resolution was. Then the thread takes on a new life, and people like myself will answer the last question. Is that wrong? Is it better for a new person to ask a question that has been asked and answered multiple times in the past, or should they first research the question looking for answers, and then ask a follow-up question if they need further clarification? Which of my questions do you believe is the better way for new people to become engaged with the forums? I patiently await your answers. Remember, we were all "new" here once!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
It is my belief that new members read a lot of old threads while looking for answers to whatever their problem is, and will make a reply to an old thread asking what the resolution was. Then the thread takes on a new life, and people like myself will answer the last question. Is that wrong? Is it better for a new person to ask a question that has been asked and answered multiple times in the past, or should they first research the question looking for answers, and then ask a follow-up question if they need further clarification? Which of my questions do you believe is the better way for new people to become engaged with the forums? I patiently await your answers. Remember, we were all "new" here once!
DustyRusty - - -

You are correct - - we were all new once. I was almost 9 years ago. OTT is the only forum I've been active in for years. Did do a little MapleTrader and Minneapolis Moline forums, but lost my credentials....

What I've noticed here are new folks replying to old threads, but their responses seem "odd" in that that they are related, but not directly responsive to the thread.

Some seem like grammar is off, and maybe English is not first language. Some have links that I would never go to...I got scammed once this month... 🙄

Some are obviously legit...."my tractor won't start - -please help."

Since I was one that mentioned the posts from new folks, I wanted to clarify my observations.

Take care.