How to set up 3 pt. snowblower? Need advise.

digg71

Equipment
B3200 w/ FEL, Box Scraper, Post Hole Auger, 4' Rotary Cutter, Snowblower
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Happy New Year Eveyone!

I need help and some tips on "setting up" and running my 3 pt. snowblower. We just bought the blower this fall and finally(weither I like it or not) getting some snow to use it. We have about 5 or 6 inches of snow now and I was out messing around with it a little bit today.
First, this weather has been crazy. Yesterday the temp. was in the 40's and raining. Woke up today and was cold and snowing so the ground is still a wet mess under the new snow. I tried the blower out but was constantly digging into the soft driveway. I am guessing that the blower needs to be angled so that the bottom edge behind the blower tines should be raised off the ground an inch or so as not to dig in, correct? If this is correct, that leads to my next question. I can't seem to get the lower links to lower far enough to get the correct angle on the blower. Does this make any sense? We have a B3200 with a Meteor SB68 snowblower.
Any and all sugestions are gratefully welcomed. Thank you very much in advance.

Thanks,
Jim

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Hello Eric,
There are no adjustable feet on the blower. There are feet that are built on. I am going to try to post a link with a pic of the type of blower I have.

http://mkmartin.ca/snow-blower.html

It is like the one in the upper right picture. Hope this helps. Thank you for responding.

Jim

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
HHMMM play around with your top link and see if that makes a difference on the aggressiveness of the blower. And skid shoes might be a worth while add on and investment.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I agree with Eric- adjust the top link some, so that the blower rides on the feet, and not the front/intake of the blower. If your ground is soft like you said, then the built in feet are probably digging in, allowing the front edge to dig in. When the ground is soft, you may have to raise the blower a little so that the feet won't ride on the ground. Some blowers have adjustable feet, so that the blower can ride higher.

digg71

Equipment
Mar 7, 2010
Western N.Y.
Eric and hodge,
Thank you for the replies. I have messed around with the top link and can get the blower to touch the ground but not at the angle I think I need. I am afraid you guys are right, I need to start looking for adjustable shoes. I might even try to make a set with the help of my Nephew that is a really good welder. I like the idea of making my own shoes. I could probably save a few bucks doing so.
I just looked up the website for the company that makes my blower and they mention optional shoes, but do not show a picture or have anything listed about cost. I am going to try to call them tomorrow and see what I can find out. If they still offer them and the cost is reasonable, I may just purchase a set. Then I know for sure they will fit and work properly.

Jim

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Seems to me you wouldent want the blower to drag the ground. Incase your doing a gravel driveway you'd be blowing rocks and who knows what else all over the place.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The link I posted above, if you go down, shows the adjustable feet dosent look like anything to hard for some one that can weld,,, which pretty much leaves me out

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
You can use many different set ups for shoes on the blower.
I've got a Buhler blower and the shoes look like inverted bowls.
Post whatever you use as a fix.

Side note:

Has anyone built shocks for their shoes?
I bet that would make snow blowing allot easier.
Keep the cutting edge from digging in.